• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope he doesn't screw things up and redeems himself, kinda like Fujita in Ash vs Alain (the ending was controversial, but looking past marketing hype, it was a well written fight)

Something I've been wondering for a while with all this Fujisaku talk is just how much input do screenplay writers have in any given episode. I feel series/episode directors as well as storyboards are more of a deciding factor, but I'm not so sure how the pipeline for this show in particular works.

Let's hope he doesn't screw things up and redeems himself, kinda like Fujita in Ash vs Alain (the ending was controversial, but looking past marketing hype, it was a well written fight)
I can't say Fujita redeemed himself after the horrible ending of that battle, but hopefully Fujisaku can. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

I can't say Fujita redeemed himself after the horrible ending of that battle, but hopefully Fujisaku can. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
The ending was controversial, but tbh, it makes sense when seeing all the punishment MCX has been able to take in previous fight, and aside from that, the battle was incrediby well done.
Something I've been wondering for a while with all this Fujisaku talk is just how much input do screenplay writers have in any given episode. I feel series/episode directors as well as storyboards are more of a deciding factor, but I'm not so sure how the pipeline for this show in particular works.
While admit I don't know the pipeline, the thing is that all of Fujisaku's fights have had roughly the same lame formula (Character A gets asskicked by character B->Plot armor->Character A wins), so unless all of those episodes had the same storyboarder or director too, I can only guess it was due to Fujisaku

A look at Bulbapedia confirms Meltan will be evolving in this episode, not the previous

View: https://imgur.com/jWOmesD

Thank heavens.

This means Fujisaku's episode would mostly revolve around Meltan's evolution (and probably TRio's plan which causes that evolution in the first place) and the start of the final match, instead of the actual battle.

This means Fujisaku's episode would mostly revolve around Meltan's evolution (and probably TRio's plan which causes that evolution in the first place) and the start of the final match, instead of the actual battle.

Oh yeah, the Meltan could turn up, eat their mecha before anyone knows what is happening, again making Team Rocket's appearance in the league pointless

Doesn't make sense to start the finals in an episode with Guzma's name written all over it.
Didn't make sense to not have the emotional fallout of Musashi vs Kojiro in the episode entitled.... Musashi vs Kojiro, but here we are.
He's active on Twitter so hopefully a few tweets will get his attention.
Please don't incite trolling of that man. He was clearly already upset by what people were tweeting him post the Mokuroh match. It is simply wrong to send even the nicest worded 'constructive criticism' his way when it's long past the point at which he can do anything about the upcoming episode.

Please don't incite trolling of that man. He was clearly already upset by what people were tweeting him post the Mokuroh match. It is simply wrong to send even the nicest worded 'constructive criticism' his way when it's long past the point at which he can do anything about the upcoming episode.

Much as I dislike his work, I would never imagine trolling anyone, personally I prefer to praise work then criticize to someone's face

A look at Bulbapedia confirms Meltan will be evolving in this episode, not the previous

View: https://imgur.com/jWOmesD

Lemme just say a final farewell to cute little Meltan before it becomes the Hulk.

lBpTRAn.gif

Told ya'll that Fujisaku likely meant the Meltan evolution was happening here.

Also, appears the finals are just this one episode.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1167361373652885504

They're having a contest where whoever correctly predicts the winner gets put in a lottery to win a trip to Hawaii.
Which is just like how Ash, Delia, and Mimey won their trip to Alola through a lottery.

Last edited:
Something I've been wondering for a while with all this Fujisaku talk is just how much input do screenplay writers have in any given episode.
Depends on the episode. There is probably little executive input in "filler episodes," but important episodes like the league is probably planned on big story meetings.

Told ya'll that Fujisaku likely meant the Meltan evolution was happening here.

Also, appears the finals are just this one episode.
That makes absolutely no sense. The next battle will take up at least half the episode for the battle conclusion and the latter half for Guzma's backstory and resolution.
Then the one after that will most likely involve the Melmetal evolution as well as pre-battle build up. No chance the entire final battle can conclude in that one episode.

Seems to me it's more of a promotion and hype for the lottery than the episode itself.

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

The finals, which will be fought between Satoshi and Gladio, finally begins! This is a fully powered battle between the ultimate rivals who have both fought their way to this match! Which of them will become the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League?!

Summary:
On the eve of the finals, Professor Okido and Satoshi's mama came rushing over from the Kanto region in order to cheer Satoshi on, which has made his desire to win even stronger. But just then, something strange happens to his Meltan?! Meanwhile, Gladio's fighting sprit burns with quiet passion as he's being supported by Lilie and Lusamine. And then the finals begin! This is a fully powered battle between the ultimate rivals, one which either of them could realistically win! And the winner of it will become the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Kiteruguma
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Toru Sakurai: Silvady
Ryota Iwasaki: Zoroark
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Mitsuaki Madono: Sauboh
Sayaka Kinoshita: Lusamine
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Chika Fujimura: Wicke
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako

Finally... after all this time (since Johto I believe) Oak and Delia are gonna escape from off-screen land so they can see Ash win.

aka loses to Gladion

So this epsiode will not be a two-part episode? Man, am I so glad Professor and Ash's will be here to cheer him up.

...do people still believe that Satoshi is going to lose here?

So this epsiode will not be a two-part episode? Man, am I so glad Professor and Ash's will be here to cheer him up.
It will definitely be a two-parter. There's no way this entire battle and the extra stuff will all fit in one episode.
...do people still believe that Satoshi is going to lose here?
Some pessimistic ones do, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom