• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point of Oak and Delia going all the way to Alola just to see this one battle. On one hand it's a nice gesture and all, but they could've easily just stayed in Pallet town and watched the battle on Poke-Netflix or something. They'll probably be gone by the next episode anyways, so it's like why bother?

I don't see the point of Oak and Delia going all the way to Alola just to see this one battle. On one hand it's a nice gesture and all, but they could've easily just stayed in Pallet town and watched the battle on Poke-Netflix or something. They'll probably be gone by the next episode anyways, so it's like why bother?
Likely because Ash wins.

I'll doubt that Ash will lose to Gladion, just like 3 years ago that Ash lost to Alain in Kalos League, Ash-Greninja was defeated by Mega Charizard X by using Mega Water Shuriken vs Blast Burn Extreme

Likely because Ash wins.

Is that the only justification for why they'd watch his battle in-person? Because they watched his final Johto league match in-person as well iirc despite the fact that Ash still lost there, so I don't think there's any connection between their presence and Ash's chances of winning.

Is that the only justification for why they'd watch his battle in-person? Because they watched his final Johto league match in-person as well iirc despite the fact that Ash still lost there, so I don't think there's any connection between their presence and Ash's chances of winning.
However, this is the first time since the Johto League (as far as I know) that Delia and Oak watch Ash's final league match in person. Ash's victory is still somewhat likely regardless.

It's interesting that you have a problem with a mom watching her son's possible tournament victory in the audience. How sad. Opposite would make more sense.

It's interesting that you have a problem with a mom watching her son's possible tournament victory in the audience. How sad. Opposite would make more sense.

I don't have a problem with her watching the battle, I'm just saying that using the "well Ash might win" excuse doesn't quite cut it since Delia has watched his battles live before even when he doesn't win. Seems like people are clinging to the fact that Delia will be in the stadium as a way to justify the idea that Ash might win, which I think is a desperate way of looking at things since I doubt that her being there foreshadows anything.

I doubt they'll visit Alola, probably be seen watching TV or contacting Ash after the match

If they were going to visit Alola, they should have done it before

Or maybe Oak arrives to congratulate Ash on his victory, only to learn he lost, member that from the games?

Really?

Then why are you asking for a point, justification and excuse (!?) for her behavior?

Not trying to support either side here, but, to be fair, Lover said he doesn't have a problem with Delia watching the battle. Not that he doesn't have a problem with her specifically coming all the way to Alola to watch the battle in person. So, technically, he hasn't contradicted himself.

Not trying to support either side here, but, to be fair, Lover said he doesn't have a problem with Delia watching the battle. Not that he doesn't have a problem with her specifically coming all the way to Alola to watch the battle in person. So, technically, he hasn't contradicted himself.
And I said "It's interesting that you have a problem with a mom watching her son's possible tournament victory in the audience."

Ash Ketchum vs Gladion battle final pokemon sun and moon episode 138-139
The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!! satoshi's never not lose

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom