• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've been wondering for a while with all this Fujisaku talk is just how much input do screenplay writers have in any given episode. I feel series/episode directors as well as storyboards are more of a deciding factor, but I'm not so sure how the pipeline for this show in particular works.
While admit I don't know the pipeline, the thing is that all of Fujisaku's fights have had roughly the same lame formula (Character A gets asskicked by character B->Plot armor->Character A wins), so unless all of those episodes had the same storyboarder or director too, I can only guess it was due to Fujisaku
Too bad. I know it's different from the previous Leagues, but I personally nevertheless will count it as an official League win.
I'll count it, but more as a stepping stone than anything else (unleds he beats kukui too)

I'll count it, but more as a stepping stone than anything else (unleds he beats kukui too)
I don't think the match against Kukui will take in professional aspect, it is an exhibition match after all and the stakes will only be personnel level (not personal), just another match to enjoy.

I don't think the match against Kukui will take in professional aspect, it is an exhibition match after all and the stakes will only be personnel level (not personal), just another match to enjoy.
I actually expect it to be 1vs1.

I mean it in terms of worthiness, as Kukui is most likely around e4 level (maybe not as strong as flint, but probably around bertha level or a bit higher)

It's talks like this that made me pay to get this made

commish__mob_mentality_by_blueike_ddefzy6-pre.jpg

DeviantArt

Has there been any 6v6 battles in SM? You think that the league would be the best time to show them but no.

Huh, so the battle will begin with Melmetal and Silvally already; I thought they'd save those two for last. It also appears that Gladion will be cheating using another type advantageous memory mid-fight; seems like it's the Ground one, to deal with Pikachu. I need the next episode title to be released so I can reassure myself they won't cram all of this into half an episode.

So Delia and Oak do visit Alola. And it seems Melmetal's evolution will happen quite early, hope it encompasses at least half the episode so that Fuji doesn't get much of a chance to ruin the finals. Is that evolution in the Ultra Space though?

I also feel like Melmetal will be the key to negating Gladion's disk cheating, though not in the ridiculous way that was shown when it battled Faba or with that 'leak'.

Wonder what Pikachu is dumbstruck by...?

Huh, so the battle will begin with Melmetal and Silvally already; I thought they'd save those two for last. It also appears that Gladion will be cheating using another type advantageous memory mid-fight; seems like it's the Ground one, to deal with Pikachu. I need the next episode title to be released so I can reassure myself they won't cram all of this into half an episode.

We don't know when Silvally gets the Memory Disk (Previews are deceiving as they don't show the complete circumstance). However, Ground also deals with Melmetal.
And i think its confirmed the battle is a 3v3 or 4v4 (Lycanroc is Zoroark) and that Dusk vs Midnight is the final match-up, which i expected it too be, since Dusk hasn't had a league battle yet.

We don't know when Silvally gets the Memory Disk (Previews are deceiving as they don't show the complete circumstance). However, Ground also deals with Melmetal.
And i think its confirmed the battle is a 3v3 or 4v4 (Lycanroc is Zoroark) and that Dusk vs Midnight is the final match-up, which i expected it too be, since Dusk hasn't had a league battle yet.
I'm pretty sure it'll be for Pikachu; a Ground Memory does handle Melmetal as well, but something tells me even if Gladion uses it then, he's still going to make mention of the fact he had Pikachu in mind.

It's confirmed 3v3; the Corocoro scans leading up to this confirmed it and the preview does as well, as you can clearly see the 3v3 in the VS. Screen. It'll be Silvally, Zoroark, and Lycanroc-Midnight vs. Melmetal, Pikachu, and Lycanroc-Dusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom