• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does the animation during the battle scenes look a little subpar? I swear that most of the previous Alola league episodes looked snazzier than this one just judging by the animation alone.

I thought I saw a vs screen with Melmetal vs Silvally as a first match-up with 3 pokeballs each side remaining, but I may have seen it wrong. Does this mean Melmetal will lose, because Pikachu fights Silvally later? It would be very underwhelming to have Meltan evolve and immediately lose a battle, so my guess is that Ash returns Melmetal for a later moment in the fight.

The animation looks great based on the preview. I especially loved the Ash and Pikachu moment and Pikachu jumping on the Electro Web, which could work great as a strategy.

I thought I saw a vs screen with Melmetal vs Silvally as a first match-up with 3 pokeballs each side remaining, but I may have seen it wrong. Does this mean Melmetal will lose, because Pikachu fights Silvally later? It would be very underwhelming to have Meltan evolve and immediately lose a battle, so my guess is that Ash returns Melmetal for a later moment in the fight.

The animation looks great based on the preview. I especially loved the Ash and Pikachu moment and Pikachu jumping on the Electro Web, which could work great as a strategy.

Melmetal will lose regardless, since i doubt they are gonna make it the ace, since Dusk is most likely gonna be it.

Yup. Melmetal will be the first one to be sent out.

I also think the animation looked great. This could end up being better than we expected.

Yup. Melmetal will be the first one to be sent out.

I also think the animation looked great. This could end up being better than we expected.
It'll be worth to see. I wonder if Lusamine and Lillie will notice that Gladion has found Mohn's Pokemon, Zoroark.

Is it just me or does the animation during the battle scenes look a little subpar? I swear that most of the previous Alola league episodes looked snazzier than this one just judging by the animation alone.
By SM standards, definitely. It was ok, but not as impressive as some of the things we've seen before in the show. Character acting looks particularly lackluster, which otherwise has been this series' ace in terms of visuals.

Well I'm surprised but happily admit that I was wrong about Oak and Delia coming to Alola for the league, just a shame they weren't seen doing so earlier

Where did you see Melmetal in the battle? I've been watching it and still don't see it.

Where did you see Melmetal in the battle? I've been watching it and still don't see it.
It's a logical choice though. Torracat would be too exhausted and injured to fight and he'll prolly be saved for the Masked Royal. Rowlet is... well, er... Rowlet.

Melmetal will lose regardless, since i doubt they are gonna make it the ace, since Dusk is most likely gonna be it.
Yeah that's true but what I meant was that Melmetal maybe will lose without getting a win. Then the evolution feels unnecessary to me.

No, I would have prefered a draw vs Silvally, but it's no big deal. This can work too, if executed properly. A possible Lycanroc showdown as the last match-up is definitely better than a DEM evolution.
Don't forget that switching is a thing (I expect pikachu to be switched out after "Lycanroc" is revealed to be Zoroark, as it seems to be using Night Daze)

Maybe 4vs4?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-130356.png
    Screenshot_20190901-130356.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom