• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Pikachu will take out Silvally or Midnight Liycanroc first, and either way I'm not happy about it...

Though I am happy to know he goes down first :)

I am pretty sure 'I don’t understand the decision of making the battle # vs #' appliees to most of this league.
At least they had the excuse of "x contestant doesn’t have enough Pokémon" (even though leagues are notorious for giving people previously unknown Pokémon), but now Gladion clearly has 4 Pokemon...

what about meltan? Does it evolves in this episode? To counter siluvally melmetal is required. Satoshi will win this battle definetly. I think the battle with royale mask will be 6vs6. Which is the sixth pokemon of satoshi? May be rotom

I honestly won't be surprised if this battle ends in a tie and they're declared joint winners, with the battle against MR being a dual-battle. If anything, it would be a pleasant surprise.

It would be an interesting premise especially if the next anime is a continuation of Ash's story with a Masters League style arc, it would make sense for Gladion to be set up now itself and then make his return.

what about meltan? Does it evolves in this episode? To counter siluvally melmetal is required. Satoshi will win this battle definetly. I think the battle with royale mask will be 6vs6. Which is the sixth pokemon of satoshi? May be rotom

Assuming Ash does win and the battle with Kukui is 6v6 the sixth mon will probably be Poipole.

Meltan will evolve in this episode. And there is a very good chance that the Masked Royal battle is just 1 vs 1.

Assuming Ash does win and the battle with Kukui is 6v6 the sixth mon will probably be Poipole.
There's no logic and sense for an exhibition match to be a full battle when the League's finals were 3v3. And I doubt Poipole is returning since it was never meant to stay in the first place, hell, Greninja has a higher chance of returning than Poipole since he was never officially released (like how Paul released Chimchar/Starly from its Pokeball).

(Come to think of it, Ash never officially released any of his Pokemon from their balls... though only Goodra's and Greninja's return seems plausible given the circumstances.)

The Battle is a 4VS4, the VS Screen has confirmed it with Ash and Gladion having One Pokemon shown and three other Pokémon in Pokeballs shown in them.

Attachments

• IMG_36yd8w.jpg
    IMG_36yd8w.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 204
The Battle is a 4VS4, the VS Screen has confirmed it with Ash and Gladion having One Pokemon shown and three other Pokémon in Pokeballs shown in them.
I never saw the VS screen myself and went by the general consensus here. Good eye though.
Those three balls could signify all of their Pokémon.

Those three balls could signify all of their Pokémon.
Nah, recap some of the XY vs. screens (some examples below) and you'll see the Pokemon out on the field as well as the ones in Pokeballs are taken into account. That's a total of 6 in each case whereas for the upcoming finals, it'll be 4.

7f6d743879b8b1e123952f2d77178f0bf75ed666r1-1280-738v2_hq.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, recap some of the XY vs. screens (some examples below) and you'll see the Pokemon out on the field as well as the ones in Pokeballs are taken into account. That's a total of 6 in each case whereas for the upcoming finals, it'll be 4.

7f6d743879b8b1e123952f2d77178f0bf75ed666r1-1280-738v2_hq.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
That was XY. We don't know if SM uses the same logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom