• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satoshi's mother is young, but NOT that young!

I'm confused: is it confirmed to be 3vs3 or not?
Based on the magazine scans, I'd say yes.
It’s unwise to present only one side of the situation and almost show it as a fact when we don’t know for certain.

The V/S screen shows 3 balls but there’s precedence for the Pokémon image on the screen to not have it’s Pokeball shown so it might be 4 vs 4.

It’s unwise to present only one side of the situation and almost show it as a fact when we don’t know for certain.

The V/S screen shows 3 balls but there’s precedence for the Pokémon image on the screen to not have it’s Pokeball shown so it might be 4 vs 4.
I didn't say I was absolutely sure. I just made an educated guess.

I guess, it just seemed like you were presenting it as a reached consensus, with no indication that there’s still a just as likely 4 vs 4 possibility.
I said "I'd say", which I thought would show it being a guess, but I guess I didn't convey that well enough.

And based on the SM139 preview summary, Melmetal will lose to Silvally, who is then beaten by Pikachu. Classic Fujisaku...

So, will bald guy be still around after a while, or will he possibly join Ash in the sunset...

Is it me or does the Double Iron Bash animation look way similar to a weird version of Gyro Ball?

Also, glad to see they haven't forgotten Oak's poetry moments.

I wonder if Fujisaku can make Pikachu pull off a realistic win against Silvally...

I think that will depend on how easily it beats Melmetal. If it beats Melmetal easily, then it would be tough to see Pikachu be able to beat it if it uses the right Drive. However, if Melmetal gives it all it can handle and Silvally is on its last legs when it faces Pikachu, then things change drastically. Pikachu will be fresh and is already naturally agile while dealing with a tired opponent. Even with the Ground Drive, a few Quick Attacks and/or Iron Tails would likely be enough for Pikachu to pull off the win.

Meanwhile, Gladio's fighting sprit burns with quiet passion as he's being supported by Lilie and Lusamine.
Probably the greatest treachery since this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom