• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

PREVIEW: SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerson.brant

Reaction score
Cause XY never reminded fans and newcomers that Ash never won a Pokémon League before. Sun and Moon does.

This.

They already done it before. Do you really think, they won't do it again?
They never received the amount of hate they received in XY. Doing that again after XY and after a huge league promotion would be a disaster.

Panky..

Reaction score
They already done it before. Do you really think, they won't do it again?
If you manage to explain the logic behind hyping up a league again... and bringing up past losses, only to have him lose again, then I'll give you some credence. Go on, try to explain it, I dare you.

Singaporean

Reaction score
If you manage to explain the logic behind hyping up a league again... and bringing up past losses, only to have him lose again, then I'll give you some credence. Go on, try to explain it, I dare you.
Why should I? They had been tricking people ever since from the start of the series all the L that Ash got and by bringing this hype again to believed that he may won? It not going to happened. Also, by this point now. You're trolling and because, I already stated earlier from my message, that I will take back all the word if Ash won in this Sunday.

C00kie

Reaction score
Hi can anyone please confirm, are Zoroark and pikachu going to be recalled and used again at the end of the match? I feel like it might be though I am not very certain

FinnishPokéFan92

The cutest waterdweller
Reaction score
Hi can anyone please confirm, are Zoroark and pikachu going to be recalled and used again at the end of the match? I feel like it might be though I am not very certain
Doesn't seem like it, based on the preview.

Shadao

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
Why should I? They had been tricking people ever since from the start of the series all the L that Ash got and by bringing this hype again to believed that he may won? It not going to happened. Also, by this point now. You're trolling and because, I already stated earlier from my message, that I will take back all the word if Ash won in this Sunday.
Disappointing audience? Yes. Tricking? That requires evidence of deception and not simply fan expectation. An example of tricking the audience is like having the advertisements of Star Wars: The Force Awakens all make it look like Finn is the Jedi successor rather than Rey.

Reaction score
Here's how I see it going down, based on what's known about the upcoming episodes. . .

Ash beats Gladion, and is officially declared Champion. Unfortunately, before the award can be given, a rampaging Guzzlord attacks the stadium and the ceremony is called off so that Ash and Gladion can team up to send it back to Ultra Space. Once this is done, Ash accepts the trophy and the status of Champion, and begins a one-on-one battle with the Masked Royal as his initiation.
The battle pits Ash's Torracat against the Masked Royal's Incineroar. Although Torracat evolves into an Incineroar itself during the battle, the Masked Royal's Incineroar is simply too powerful, and it is defeated. The Masked Royal congratulates Ash for a well-fought battle, despite his loss, and to the amazement of everyone watching reveals his true identity as Professor Kukui.
What Ash does after that will depend on whether or not they reboot the anime.

FinnishPokéFan92

The cutest waterdweller
Reaction score

Credits to @SinnohBoi for providing the image

Panky..

Reaction score

Credits to @SinnohBoi for providing the image
Not exactly a spoiler when a lot of people in this thread know the general premise.

And Ash standing next to MR and the Kahunas when Guzzlord appears kinda gives credence to Guzzlord interrupting the award ceremony, Gladion is nowhere in site which means he loses.

FinnishPokéFan92

The cutest waterdweller
Reaction score
Not exactly a spoiler when a lot of people in this thread know the general premise.

And Ash standing next to MR and the Kahunas when Guzzlord appears kinda gives credence to Guzzlord interrupting the award ceremony, Gladion is nowhere in site which means he loses.
If you look closely, you can see Ash holding a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.