• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause XY never reminded fans and newcomers that Ash never won a Pokémon League before. Sun and Moon does.

This.

They already done it before. Do you really think, they won't do it again?

They never received the amount of hate they received in XY. Doing that again after XY and after a huge league promotion would be a disaster.

If you manage to explain the logic behind hyping up a league again... and bringing up past losses, only to have him lose again, then I'll give you some credence. Go on, try to explain it, I dare you.
Why should I? They had been tricking people ever since from the start of the series all the L that Ash got and by bringing this hype again to believed that he may won? It not going to happened. Also, by this point now. You're trolling and because, I already stated earlier from my message, that I will take back all the word if Ash won in this Sunday.

Hi can anyone please confirm, are Zoroark and pikachu going to be recalled and used again at the end of the match? I feel like it might be though I am not very certain

Why should I? They had been tricking people ever since from the start of the series all the L that Ash got and by bringing this hype again to believed that he may won? It not going to happened. Also, by this point now. You're trolling and because, I already stated earlier from my message, that I will take back all the word if Ash won in this Sunday.

Disappointing audience? Yes. Tricking? That requires evidence of deception and not simply fan expectation. An example of tricking the audience is like having the advertisements of Star Wars: The Force Awakens all make it look like Finn is the Jedi successor rather than Rey.

Here's how I see it going down, based on what's known about the upcoming episodes. . .

Ash beats Gladion, and is officially declared Champion. Unfortunately, before the award can be given, a rampaging Guzzlord attacks the stadium and the ceremony is called off so that Ash and Gladion can team up to send it back to Ultra Space. Once this is done, Ash accepts the trophy and the status of Champion, and begins a one-on-one battle with the Masked Royal as his initiation.
The battle pits Ash's Torracat against the Masked Royal's Incineroar. Although Torracat evolves into an Incineroar itself during the battle, the Masked Royal's Incineroar is simply too powerful, and it is defeated. The Masked Royal congratulates Ash for a well-fought battle, despite his loss, and to the amazement of everyone watching reveals his true identity as Professor Kukui.
What Ash does after that will depend on whether or not they reboot the anime.

Credits to @SinnohBoi for providing the image

Not exactly a spoiler when a lot of people in this thread know the general premise.

And Ash standing next to MR and the Kahunas when Guzzlord appears kinda gives credence to Guzzlord interrupting the award ceremony, Gladion is nowhere in site which means he loses.

Not exactly a spoiler when a lot of people in this thread know the general premise.

And Ash standing next to MR and the Kahunas when Guzzlord appears kinda gives credence to Guzzlord interrupting the award ceremony, Gladion is nowhere in site which means he loses.
If you look closely, you can see Ash holding a trophy.

Although, Ash had won. But the people will used the controversy and from the three years ago to discrediting it. Because, they just can't let shit go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom