• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Reaction score
It's been like 4 months and Enter The Champion is going to air in English on January 18 (in the USA at least, maybe earlier in Australia). It's time, but on the other side I'm really pissed off on how the episode's "Ash wins Alola League, but that's not all (he's going to a rematch)" ending got news attention months before the English dub will air. And all of them failed to mention "This episode is yet to air in America" or something among the lines of that...

I was just saying the episode will have already died down by this point, and WatchMojo actually used raw JP clips with a sort-of "telling by the visuals" script after the news broke in. Back in the PokeMania days, we were warned that Gold and Silver will have all-new Pokemon and they won't come out until later with stuff like Togetic and Azumarill coming in very rarely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I was just saying the episode will have already died down by this point, and WatchMojo actually used raw JP clips with a sort-of "telling by the visuals" script after the news broke in. Back in the PokeMania days, we were warned that Gold and Silver will have all-new Pokemon and they won't come out until later with stuff like Togetic and Azumarill coming in very rarely.
Well, there's also the fact that back in the GS days Internet wasn't as common as it is today, so things like that would still be surprising to the west.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Are we sure? Because PM!Ash is nothing like SM!Ash and is far closer to DP/XY!Ash in terms of personality and skill
It does when it writes two completely separate characters
They aren’t two completely separate characters. The writing in the most recent episode for PM is fully consistent with Sun/Moon.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
They aren’t two completely separate characters. The writing in the most recent episode for PM is fully consistent with Sun/Moon.
I find it amusing that people tell me that repeating the same thing doesn't make it any more true and then turn around and do the exact same thing :confused: