• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

it's official league in the game unlike orange islands.
it's legit win not matter how you trying to spin it. move on
But the battle with Ash vs Hau didn't let it feel like a legit win though.
I really wish at least this battle didn't happen it would have let it feel a little bit more legit.

But the battle with Ash vs Hau didn't let it feel like a legit win though.
I really wish at least this battle didn't happen it would have let it feel a little bit more legit.
it was rowlet being a troll

The final didn't even feel like a legit win, the amount of times Ash's Lycanroc got countered in that... He should of been down and out. Plot armour was the only reason it didn't go down.

Blow logistics aside: I guess the best way I can phrase it is 'it was a good league win, but not a good FIRST league win'. Honestly if you count Orange as his first win it probably feels better.

Just saying that taking a lot of hits isn't anything out of the ordinary. If anything, the way it was portrayed in Kalos finals was plot armor-ish.

For that matter, Duskroc could barely stand at the end of the match, he was holding on through sheer willpower.
I think that was little more than willpower, it was impossible for Midnight to win this fight.

Now, I’m not going to ignore this League or anything like that. A win is a win, and that’s a fact. However, that doesn’t mean that I can’t be largely disappointed by how this specific League is supposed to be Ash’s time of glory. The Sinnoh and Kalos Leagues felt way more like potential Ash’s crowning moments to me.
I wouldn't have much problem with this league, if the league wouldn't left our heads with question marks. there aren't few people that thinks that ashs win wasnt legit or deserved.
I personally respect people that are happy with this league win.
But i would really wish they would have made the league that every fan is satisfied with ash win and thinks it was deserved and legit.

This meme just became the official depiction of confusion:

I’ll admit, the Pokémon actually hitting itself in confusion was something I never expected the anime to cover.

Let's take the circumstances into account. I'll assume both of them were on their last legs judging by how exhausted they were.

Duskroc uses Accelerock to deal 1x damage, Nightroc uses Counter to deal 2x damage, Lycanroc counters with... Counter... and deals 4x the original damage. That's 5 parts of damage compared to 2 that Nightroc dealt which sent it flying and made it faint.
Now you could argue that Nightroc could have also held on through willpower but it was already affected by confusion. And like I mentioned, Duskroc could barely stand.
I don't know man... Midnight landed at least three counters in that fight, along with his other moves. But I guess.

but… just not this League.
Well, Ash losing this league with the resources he has wouldn’t have made sense either to me. His Pokémon were perfectly capable of taking on every participant even without Meltan's evolution. If it didn’t evolve, Torracat could’ve been used.

Well, Ash losing this league with the resources he has wouldn’t have made sense either to me. His Pokémon were perfectly capable of taking on every participant even without Meltan's evolution. If it didn’t evolve, Torracat could’ve been used.

Ash was going to get problems if he won or if he lost. Let's face it, he was doomed for the start.

Yeah, the writing but could’ve been better, but Ash winning the Alola league makes sense and should be counted as an actual league win.

Oh I count it. I'm probably one of the only people in the Reset Bloodlines crew who isn't angry about it. Even then I'll admit that I wish the first win at a game league was a more deserving Ash, like Hoenn (Guilty pleasure), Sinnoh, or Kalos.

I find it helps to handle it when you call his first win Orange, and this is his second win. Saying it is his first exasperates the issue.

My only complaints are Zoroark only using two moves and the fact we had a double knockout (we were so close to having a league without any)

Besides that, great show!

My only complaints are Zoroark only using two moves and the fact we had a double knockout (we were so close to having a league without any)

Besides that, great show!
same.
i wanted to see more of zoroark

OH MY BLEEPING GOD!!!!! I can literally here PRB12 screaming right now dude. And I know edman9953 the infamous troll on YouTube is going berserk after being proven wrong. HOLY COW!!!!! THEY SAID IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, EVER!!!!!!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom