• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

The battle wasn't bad nor was it particularly good either imo. It had a climactic finish at the very least and Ash's Lycanroc winning felt good. What I liked the most was Ash's reaction to winning; that subtle surprised look on his face and then the fact that his friends were happy for him were done well without his win being exaggerated with a ton of flashbacks to his previous achievements and failures.

Anyway, at least Ash won a league competition that was actually a tournament and not just 'beat four Dollar Tree-brand gym leaders, face the champion'.

Related image

There was a rumour, that producer planed to let ash win in kalos league but they changed their mind because of the Olyimpics 2020, and let him win the next time.
I don't know if it's true, but sometimes i think it actually make sense.
TPC is actually going to the profit road, they actually even thinking not promoting the sword and shield games at all.

There was a rumour, that producer planed to let ash win in kalos league but they changed their mind because of the Olyimpics 2020, and let him win the next time.
I don't know if it's true, but sometimes i think it actually make sense.
TPC is actually going to the profit road, they actually even thinking not promoting the sword and shield games at all.
What do you mean not promoting those games?

So are people going to finally stop shitting on Fujisaku now?
Absolutely not

If this is the league an Ash at the bottom of his game could win, imagine what an Ash at the peak of his skill could do

So that's three characters Ash screwed out of a win in order to claw his way to the best of the worst...
Congrats, I guess?

The next series name is not Sword and Shield, and it will be about every region.
Most probably there will be little place for 8 gen, seems like TPC don't care much about main games anymore.
I'm fairly sure it'll still be Gen 8 focused in a way. I kinda had a theory that the Galar league will essentially be a world tour. Gyms (or tournaments at least) will take place in each region, and defeating all 8 will qualify you for the championship.

I'm fairly sure it'll still be Gen 8 focused in a way. I kinda had a theory that the Galar league will essentially be a world tour. Gyms (or tournaments at least) will take place in each region, and defeating all 8 will qualify you for the championship.
I really hope that the new series will be focused in a way to 8 gen.
And if its a reboot with AU Ash, then i will hope it will be an ash with progress and aging this is at least what i wish if they really make a complete reset.

What if the new series is going to be TV-14 (PG-13)?
Like maybe blood, more violent moves, and more adult-ish topics?
I think that would be cool, especially if it could be subbed!
Nah i don't think so.
I like pokemon being lighthearted like it is now, but would wish being a little more serious with leagues and progress of characters and so on.

Why are we expecting a reboot? Ash winning the Orange League didn't change anything. Maybe he'll still lose to Masked Royal (which looks to be the 6v6 or close lacking here), what would that do to his champion status?

And why'd the Ultra Wormhole appear? Was Ash winning so impossible it broke the space-time continuum?

What if the new series is going to be TV-14 (PG-13)?
Like maybe blood, more violent moves, and more adult-ish topics?
I think that would be cool, especially if it could be subbed!
Nah i don't think so.
I like pokemon being lighthearted like it is now, but would wish being a little more serious with leagues and progress of characters and so on.
To make a series more appealing to long time fans who've watched the anime as kids, the better thing to do is acknowledge the older seasons, bring back previous cast members, have jokes that are generally funny instead of forced, and maybe have an episode where Ash finally turns 11 to show the status quo has been partly shattered.

Why are we expecting a reboot? Ash winning the Orange League didn't change anything. Maybe he'll still lose to Masked Royal (which looks to be the 6v6 or close lacking here), what would that do to his champion status?

And why'd the Ultra Wormhole appear? Was Ash winning so impossible it broke the space-time continuum?
Several people on a Discord group I'm part of joked that Ash winning the league will begin the destruction of the universe for breaking the status quo, and that the only way to save it is to return to the finals and let Gladion win.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom