• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Man watching this episode was amazing. I'm so glad that after over 20 years Ash has finally win a Pokemon League. The fight between Ash's Pikachu vs Gladion's Zeroark was also fantastic as well. Im just so happy for Ash for winning the league with a great satisfying battle.

Overall Rating:10/10

Also I can't wait for the next episode for what Guzzlord would hold next Sunday

Last edited:

I kind of find this funny because some other VA's like Daniel J. Edwards and Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld have been able to talk about it and yet both Ash's VA and the voice director can't say anything about it.

TPCI must have some strange rules.

Finally, my boy did it! I'm watching pokemon since it first air back in the time of the indigo plateau, after all those years, what i was expecting when i was a kid finally come true. I hope it's not over, i hope we will see is former pokemon someday, that we will see is former companion too. I stil have to become a pokemon master, to beat the champion league and be the best like no one ever was. I would have like his pikachu to give him is first win, but that doesn't matter, he finally win!

It has come...the day has finally come!!
After watching Pokemon for over 20 years now, I can finally say these words: "Ash, the guy who has accompanied most of us since our childhood, has won a league!
Was it a dream or did it really happen? I've been wondering what I would say once this would happen and now the day has come and I'm just speechless. The look of disblief on Ash's face right after he had won perfectly describes the situation. It's incredible!

The battle itself was fantastic and so intense! Some guys complained that Ash's Lycanrock had taken too much damage to still be able to stand. Well, let's look at it this way: For Ash's Pokemon, it was the ultimate showdown and chance to show his Midnight-Lycanrock rival what he's made of. It must have been an extremely motivating battle for Ash's Lycanrock and it's situations like this that let you reach new heights and grow stronger than you've ever imagined! So, to me, the battle was not only plausible but also a worthy final match for sure!

My only "complaint" is that Akujiking ruined Ash's award ceremony. What a rude thing to do!

I think the best thing we can do today is not talk too much but instead just enjoy this memorable moment that will sure go down in the history of Pokemon!
You truly deserve it, Alola Champion Ash/Satoshi !

One little thing I can't help thinking about:
Now that Ash is the first official champion of Alola, he's got to battle Royal Mask/Kukui in an exhibition match. Don't get me wrong, I'm so totally happy Ash did it but I think we also know that Kukui appears to be stronger than Ash. I guess we might call Kukui the "unofficial champion".
So although it's just an exhibition match, it might still feel awkward and leave somewhat of a bitter aftertaste, if the newly crownd champion loses to Royal Mask, a "phantom" whose identity still has to be officially revealed.

I just hope the writers will handle that diffcult situation right.

One little thing I can't help thinking about:
Now that Ash is the first official champion of Alola, he's got to battle Royal Mask/Kukui in an exhibition match. Don't get me wrong, I'm so totally happy Ash did it but I think we also know that Kukui appears to be stronger than Ash. I guess we might call Kukui the "unofficial champion".
So although it's just an exhibition match, it might still feel awkward and leave somewhat of a bitter aftertaste, if the newly crownd champion loses to Royal Mask, a "phantom" whose identity still has to be officially revealed.

I just hope the writers will handle that diffcult situation right.
I was thinking the same. Unless Torracat evolves, Poipole returns as a Naganadel, and Rowlet spits out its everstone and evolves twice :lapras:, it seems very unlikely that Ash could defeat Kukui. However him losing would create an awkward situation. Definitely curious to see how this situation will be executed.

I was thinking the same. Unless Torracat evolves, Poipole returns as a Naganadel, and Rowlet spits out its everstone (never going to happen), it seems very unlikely that Ash could defeat Kukui. However him losing would create an awkward situation. Definitely curious to see how this situation will be executed.
Well if it’s executed well, even if Ash does lose, it could come as the writers having their cake and eating it too. Ash gets to win the league but still learns the lesson of having room to grow more by losing to the “champion”.

I kind of doubt there will ever be any real clarification on what Pokemon Master actually means. I don't think winning the league or being a Champion is enough, though. In the 20th movie, Ash says it's much more than being the strongest trainer in the world. I expect the main version of Ash would say the same if questioned. Apparently he says that being a Champion is just one step to becoming a Pokemon Master at some point in the show, as well.

I don't really expect Ash to win his battle against the Masked Royal. Honestly, I don't think I'll mind that much if he gives a good battle. Mostly, I just want to see more of his journey.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom