• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM140: Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have preferred all of the Ultra Beasts coming back brainwashed, but I guess it would be too much, and Guzzlord isn't a bad idea since we know what are the stakes and how dangerous it is. I knew they needed a vehicle to bring Mohn back, this seems to be it, I wonder if they'll kill two birds with one stone to bring back Poipole too.

Okaaaaay? This feels random and out of place. Not to mention unnecessary. Why try to interrupt the league after it's over? And why use Guzzlord for that? Didn't we already get a two-parter that did an outstanding job adapting it, its personality, its destructive capabilities and its ultra ruined paralel universe feeding grounds? Wasn't it defeated by the power of Z-moves in those two episodes already? I don't know, this episode really feels very... redundant.

Okaaaaay? This feels random and out of place. Not to mention unnecessary. Why try to interrupt the league after it's over? And why use Guzzlord for that? Didn't we already get a two-parter that did an outstanding job adapting it, its personality, its destructive capabilities and its ultra ruined paralel universe feeding grounds? Wasn't it defeated by the power of Z-moves in those two episodes already? I don't know, this episode really feels very... redundant.

Maybe it'll give the show an excuse to bring back Poipole.

You know, I’d find another serious thing with the Ultra Beasts pretty awesome if not for the fact that they come with the obligatory awesome retardant known as the Ultra Guardians.

Wow, I genuinely didn't think we'd get to see Akuziking again, but I'm glad we are as not only is it pretty cool but also a legitimate thread. Also, I'm glad the Ultra Guardians plot seems to be getting a satisfying close.

This also gives me hope we'll get to see the Guardian of Alola Z-Move before the series wraps up.

I'll be honest, whilst Guzzlord has been established as a serious and menacing threat, it would have been nice to have a large horde of Alolan Grimer to deal with, Sun and Moon is nearly over and only one Alolan Grimer has been seen, briefly in a flashback

I'll be honest, whilst Guzzlord has been established as a serious and menacing threat, it would have been nice to have a large horde of Alolan Grimer to deal with, Sun and Moon is nearly over and only one Alolan Grimer has been seen, briefly in a flashback
Wouldn't have been as threatening.

Three animation directers on one episode? That's interesting...
While I don't expect this will happen, the remaining basic z-moves (psychium-Z for example) could debut here. I don't expect Mohn to be here either, unless he falls random out a ultra wormhole.
Hopefully they use the same Guzzlord voice as in episode 100 and 101, that was hilarious and threatening at the same time for me.

Wouldn't be the first Pokemon to get completely shafted by the anime...

From this episodes title I am guessing this episode is probably just a means to show off all the Z-Moves that have yet to be seen in the anime (except Mew's) thus clearing up the first plot point they established way at the start of Sun and Moon. Also, possibly will bring back Poipole since episode 142's title mentions a full battle and IF Ash does win he would need 6 Pokemon for a full battle and I doubt they would have him catch a new Pokemon so soon after dealing with Guzzlord.

It wasn't defeated. It was pushed into wormhole with shiny Tapu Koko's help.

(from the Oxford Dictionaries (which is apparently called LEXICO now))
defeat: VERB [WITH OBJECT] Win a victory over (someone) in a battle or other contest; overcome or beat.

Ash and Dia used their Z-moves in order to push Guzzlord into its Ultra Wormhole. Meaning that, thanks to their Z-moves, they were able to overcome the Ultra Beast's incredible strength and save the Ultra Ruins world from Guzzlord, who wanted to eat and destroy what was left of it. It may not be a proper Pokémon battle-style defeat. But, by the word's definition, it is a defeat nonetheless.

Its certainly a possibility as who knows where in Ultra Space Guzzlord turns up
Probably, it must be driven out from another dimension ever since after the Ultra Ruin event and jumping from one location to another. But was not welcome in any Ultra Dimension as it got the mind of destruction of swallowing every bit of trash into its big gulper mouth. Thus, being defeated by the dimension natives.

Also, I rather wish someone can perform the Alolan Guardian Z-Move on this episode by summoning the headless entity and slam that Ultra Beasts back to the Gateway for ruining this ceremony. Hope Tapu Koko can give it Z-Crystal to any of the protagonist to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom