• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM140: Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash being near the kahunas makes sense since he's the main character and always has to be the focal point, especially in cases like this where an interdimensional monster showed up and is about to destroy everything. As for where Gladion is, maybe he got crushed by Guzzlord.
It makes sense because he was being awarded.

It makes sense because he was being awarded.

Yet you have no actual proof. And no, that LQ image of Pikachu near a dark shape that is most likely Guzzlord's fang and not the trophy isn't proof, nor do I think that Ash's position at the forefront of the line of characters works as evidence either.

Last edited:
a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a.gif

Yet you post this with no proof. And no, a blurry-ass image of Pikachu near a dark shape that is most likely Guzzlord's fang and not the trophy isn't proof.
I know it's not a trophy. To me, just the placements of the characters and the fact that we know this happens during the award ceremony is proof enough.

Ash being near the kahunas makes sense since he's the main character and always has to be the focal point, especially in cases like this where an interdimensional monster showed up and is about to destroy everything. As for where Gladion is, maybe he got crushed by Guzzlord.
Uh huh? Gladion would oh so clearly stand far away from the league judges and titular Champion/figure to receive his trophy while Ash somehow happens to stand near them just because he's the focal character. What do you think the MR will do, throw the trophy over to Gladion like he were sending out a Pokemon?
#logic

For that matter, just recap to the Lumiose Conference award ceremony where Diantha handed the trophy to Alain and Ash was nowhere close when that happened. Ash steps up after he's received the trophy to congratulate him. (Trying to find a video for this Never mind, here are some screenshots)

(I'd like to know why you're so condescending to most people when you don't agree with them, not in this thread though.)
a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a.gif

Yet you post this with no proof. And no, a blurry-ass image of Pikachu near a dark shape that is most likely Guzzlord's fang and not the trophy isn't proof.
And you've got no proof about Gladion winning as I've deconstructed your 'argument' above. No need to mock @FinnishPokéFan92.

Last edited:
I'm definitely on the side of Ash being in that position makes a lot of sense. The whole Pikachu being confused for a Trophy is understandable only if you initially see the very blurry image, but realizing its Pikachu, there shouldn't be any confusion.

But the placement does matter, at least in my opinion. There would be no reason for Masked Royal and the Kahunas to be right next to Ash if there wasn't some implication. You could argue "HEY But Kiawe, is there so maybe it's the Top 4 being awarded, Ash being runner up" which I don't think makes sense because Hau, and Mallow are in the photo as well. Hau was Top 8 and Mallow was Top 16. It's also odd that ONLY these characters are shown on screen, which makes the idea that the focus isn't on Ash even more bizarre if that's the assumption.

It doesn't 100% prove Ash defeated Gladion, but I do believe it HEAVILY implies it. If Ash doesn't win, then this scene will only make sense when we actually get to the episode because Gladion not being there and the rest of the classmates not being there is really weird.

The fact that some people were actually trying to reason that Guzzlord's tooth was Pikachu holding the trophy was... bizarre. Now you guys are analyzing the distance between Ash and the Kahunas and trying to say that this is solid proof that he won the tournament. Wow.

Uh huh? Gladion would oh so clearly stand far away from the league judges and titular Champion/figure to receive his trophy while Ash somehow happens to stand near them just because he's the focal character. What do you think the MR will do, throw the trophy over to Gladion like he were sending out a Pokemon?
#logic

For that matter, just recap to the Lumiose Conference award ceremony where Diantha handed the trophy to Alain and Ash was nowhere close when that happened. Ash steps up after he's received the trophy to congratulate him. (Trying to find a video for this Never mind, here are some screenshots)
View attachment 124915View attachment 124916

(I'd like to know why you're so condescending to most people when you don't agree with them, not in this thread though.)

And you've got no proof about Gladion winning as I've deconstructed your 'argument' above. No need to mock @FinnishPokéFan92.

Whoa there, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that Gladion was confirmed to be the winner either. I merely read someone's comment and found it really bold of them to claim that 'It makes sense because he was being awarded' with regards to Ash supposedly being near the kahunas because he won the League (I'm paraphrasing, but that's what some of y'all were implying). There's no evidence of that however, yet the member that I quoted was acting like Ash winning the League was a fact based solely on a blurry image of characters standing close to each other gazing at Guzzlord. I'm sorry, but to me that doesn't constitute proof of anything.

And btw, images of past trophy presentation ceremonies aren't exactly helping to clarify matters given that every League is different and this League in particular is all kinds of unique.

The fact that some people were actually trying to reason that Guzzlord's tooth was Pikachu holding the trophy was... bizarre. Now you guys are analyzing the distance between Ash and the Kahunas and trying to say that this is solid proof that he won the tournament. Wow.
That was a hasty guess made at the heat of the moment with blurry evidence. We had to analyse it to be sure.

Well, I foresee three possibilities here:

1) Ash won the Alola League and he's just getting his trophy from the Royal Mask and the Four Island Kahunas when Guzzlord suddenly appears for no reason.

2) Gladion won the Alola League but then Guzzlord came out of nowhere and squashed him (or worse, ate him).

3) Ash winning the Pokémon League means that he's now a Pokémon Master and thus the show must end, breaking the fabric of reality and time which unleashed Guzzlord upon this world, who is now bent on eating the entire universe and resetting everything back to zero! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely to just the Pokémon World.

Well, I foresee three possibilities here:

1) Ash won the Alola League and he's just getting his trophy from the Royal Mask and the Four Island Kahunas when Guzzlord suddenly appears for no reason.

2) Gladion won the Alola League but then Guzzlord came out of nowhere and squashed him (or worse, ate him).

3) Ash winning the Pokémon League means that he's now a Pokémon Master and thus the show must end, breaking the fabric of reality and time which unleashed Guzzlord upon this world, who is now bent on eating the entire universe and resetting everything back to zero! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely to just the Pokémon World.

3 of course

Alternatively he could've been startled by Guzzlord literally crashing the party and he just fell down and isn't in the image because of that. Or he's just too edgy to stay at award ceremonies and he walked out with his potential trophy before Guzzlord showed up. Or he's standing with Lillie who is apparently offscreen somewhere. Or any one of a hundred other explanations.

Human Logic is a weird thing, isn't it?

If Ash doesn't win, then people will be like "SEE I told you the placement didn't matter"

If he does win, and the scene presents what is implied people will be like "See it was in fact the awards ceremony after all, and that it did show that Ash won the league"

But at the moment, the photo is regarded as not evidence of either situation. It's weird that people get to dictate what is and what isn't regarded as evidence. And its only not "evidence" because of an opinion/belief and only when proved otherwise its regarded as "evidence" after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom