• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM140: Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been extremely secretive about his Pokémon the entire series. We literally only found out about his Braviary the moment he had to use it to save Burnet, otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't even been featured in Kukui's wedding had its existence not be made public beforehand.
I guess he just chose to go with his ace during his battle with Gozu and thus expose his identity to Faba, instead of using a Pokémon that the Masked Royal isn't even known of owning, as far as we know right now.

I know that this is an unpopular opinion and that the Shiny hunters have their torches and pitchforks ready, but I absolutely hate it when rare Pokemon are given Shiny forms in the anime. Like, Guzzlord appearing in Alola is already hard enough to believe, but now we're supposed to believe that a Shiny Guzzlord is showing up as well? What are the odds. :rolleyes:

Guzzlord is back, and he’s hungry. Hungry for REVENGE.

It might not be the same exact Guzzlord, though.

But he's hungry for something - and he won't stop eating until his belly is full (which is going to be NEVER).

I know that this is an unpopular opinion and that the Shiny hunters have their torches and pitchforks ready, but I absolutely hate it when rare Pokemon are given Shiny forms in the anime. Like, Guzzlord appearing in Alola is already hard enough to believe, but now we're supposed to believe that a Shiny Guzzlord is showing up as well? What are the odds. :rolleyes:
We don’t really know the shiny odds for the anime... there might not even be a 'standard' shiny form in the anime, alternate colours due to random mutations. Besides, it helps the audience to differentiate between the two Guzzlord.

The second Guzzlord was the biggest suprise for me. The inclusion actually makes it more believable that everyone needs to help out since all that was required to remove one Guzzlord was two resisted Z-Moves. So a (possibly stronger), second Guzzlord appearing would raise the stakes a little.

Does it matter how the Guzzlord looks? Bewear will thrash them both.
The battles are evidently not taking place at one location since one of the scenes shows Ash and Kukui separate from the crowd, and I doubt Bewear will deal with both of them.
I think this might be one of the battles Bewear loses to increase suspense.

I've been thinking: the Shiny Guzzlord is clearly shown being outside the Stadium, while the other one is on it, right? And the preview mentions "the" Ultra Wormhole when referring to the another Pokémon appearing? Could that Shiny Guzzlord have appeared from another wormhole, while Poipole could potentially return through the first one?

My guess is Kukui doesn't use his pokemon often cause his team would look too similar to Masked Royal's and people would put the pieces together

Considering that no-one ever connected the fact that Musashi's contest/showcase aliases used the same Pokemon as her, I'd be really surprised if people guessed that Kukui and Royal Mask were the same on that basis.

Having said that, the show is wildly inconsistent on people recognising specific Pokemon. It was amazing to me how several people went "Huh, that's Shinji's Hikozaru" but no-one recognised any of Team Rocket's Pokemon in numerous contests.

inb4 more Oha spoilers later in the day.

Seriously, how can the executives of the anime be fine with some other show spoiling their episodes?

Well, you predicted it

Ajc59nb.jpg

Oha Suta gives zero fucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom