• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM140: Akuziking Invasion! The Great Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, it'll be cheap if the evolution happens on screen. We already saw Ash getting a Melmetal with a last minute evolution, and now an evolved Dragon Ultra Beast conveniently evolving after reuniting with Ash? No ty, best it returns as after evolution, that way it can be assumed with some suspension of disbelief that it has gotten battle experience.
It just feels bad to me that no one would actually witness Poipole evolving, it’s just a bit random... In fact, I think I might even take Poipole returning unevolved and never evolving at all over that.

So three different Ultra Wormholes are gonna open near the same stadium where the Pokémon League took place (thus being within close proximity to each other), within the same time frame and one of the Ultra Beasts that comes from one of those holes happens to be Ash's Poipole (who also happens to have evolved since the last time that we saw it)?

Well, isn't that the most unbelievably convenient turn of events that could've happened.

I wanted Poipole to come back and evolve, but not ready-made randomly evolved for plot's sake... I wish it’s evolution happens on screen and in a significant to plot manner. The current scenario makes Naganadel look like a living plot device and I feel it’s a significant disservice to the character and the heart touching release it had.

Nonetheless, Ash finally had a talking pokemon in his sleeves and it wasn't long Lillie might ask Naganadel to tell Necrozma about Mohn. Because, anything about Lillie and Gladion father. It will be up to the light trio to bring him back.

Is it confirmed Naganadel will be talking, I know the wild one spoke

Poipole stated it wanted to protect its homeworld, correct? Logically, a puny little bee couldn't do that by itself, so training was needed. No different than Charizard and Gliscor (and Goodra I guess). Also, the previous "queen" was pretty old. A new Naganadel was inevitable.

Poipole stated it wanted to protect its homeworld, correct? Logically, a puny little bee couldn't do that by itself, so training was needed. No different than Charizard and Gliscor (and Goodra I guess). Also, the previous "queen" was pretty old. A new Naganadel was inevitable.
But Ash's Poipole just popping out of the wormhole all evolved as a convenient plot device isn’t a really good way to show that imo.
What if Charmander disappeared some episodes after capture and returned right before the league as a fully obedient Charizard, knocking out all the competition?

Poipole's evolution being turned into plot armour is a huge disservice to its character. They literally didn’t mention it till it became convenient to throw in a strong Pokémon to deal with Guzzlord. It throws out the heartfelt release it had for me.

This literally reads like a fanfic to me currently.

Hm... I’ll be glad to see Ash commanding a Naganadel but on the other hand- I wanted to see Poipole again. With Meltan having evolved a couple episodes ago- I’m not sure Id have liked another evolution so soon, so I’m in two minds.

It’s better than no return at all.

But Ash's Poipole just popping out of the wormhole all evolved as a convenient plot device isn’t a really good way to show that imo.
What if Charmander disappeared some episodes after capture and returned right before the league as a fully obedient Charizard, knocking out all the competition?

Poipole's evolution being turned into plot armour is a huge disservice to its character. They literally didn’t mention it till it became convenient to throw in a strong Pokémon to deal with Guzzlord. It throws out the heartfelt release it had for me.

This literally reads like a fanfic to me currently.
Thing is we don't know the exact reason Poipole popped up. We'll have to wait for the Episode and see. The thing is, Poipole isn't an extra in its family, it was sent by Naganadel itself to find light. It was already destined to evolve and take over. The story here isn't only relying on action or to give Ash a Power-Up, it also has a story to tell. I've noticed a lot of people tend to jump to the conclusion just by the Summaries/Previews for Sun & Moon. I can understand the Complaint but if they do a decent job at explaining in it during the episode, I personally don't see it as that much of a problem.

it also has a story to tell. I've noticed a lot of people tend to jump to the conclusion just by the Summaries/Previews for Sun & Moon. I can understand the Complaint but if they do a decent job at explaining in it during the episode, I personally don't see it as that much of a problem.
Well, whenever I speculated or expected some decent writing it let me down, so now I pretty much look at the most obvious outcome without any embellishments.

Preview

View: https://twitter.com/konsai00005555/status/1174819572538437632
So two episodes in a row show three different Pokemon emerging from Ultra Wormholes, whilst rather contrived, I hope this might have something to do with finding Mohn

Masked Royal gets exposed :lapras:

I must admit, I'm not happy to see Poipole back and fully evolved. Because it seems like it's only back to join Ash's team for his full battle. And if that's the case...I mean, I would have just preferred it to stay with Ash if it was just going to come back anyway.

I really hate those 'character gets exposed despite everyone with a working brain knowing their secret already' moments. Ash is dense, but I'm tired of the anime playing that up as a gag when it isn't even remotely funny. Learn some new tricks.

I really hate those 'character gets exposed despite everyone with a working brain knowing their secret already' moments. Ash is dense, but I'm tired of the anime playing that up as a gag when it isn't even remotely funny. Learn some new tricks.

NOBODY knows that Kukui is the Masked Royal, not even his own wife. Only Faba, Molayne, and Ash's Torracat know. It's just like how no one can see through Team Rocket's disguises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom