• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to the news of the next series!

Also, I guess we now know why they didn't reveal the title right away. It was indeed spoiling the League winner.

I'm glad they didn't, just a shame there was that image of Ash holding the trophy at the end of the last episode before it aired

Crew courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard でんさおり (Saori Den)
Episode Director でんさおり (Saori Den)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

The battle between Professor Kukui and Satoshi, who has become the first ever Pokémon League champion in Alolan history, begins! What kind of battle will this be?!
We also finally present the latest news on the new anime!!

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

Summary:
Satoshi has become the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League. Next up is, at long last, his exhibition match against Professor Kukui, aka Royal Mask! A battle well worthy of your attention now begins between Satoshi, the first ever Pokémon League champion in Alolan history, and Professor Kukui, who is not only famous as a professor, but also as an exceptional Pokémon Trainer with a long unbroken series of successive victories!!
We also finally present the latest news on the new anime series "Pocket Monsters"! Make sure you definitely don't miss it!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Toru Sakurai: Gaogaen
Wakana Minami: Shore
Rikako Aikawa: Agoyon
Yuji Ueda: Jeekyo
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako
Nobuyuki Hiyama: Hala
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
The cast list doesn’t spoil Kukui’s team, thankfully.

So it seems that Torracat, Naganadel and maybe Pikachu are battling here. Do the rest of Ash’s mons share VAs with other characters?

So it seems that Torracat, Naganadel and maybe Pikachu are battling here. Do the rest of Ash’s mons share VAs with other characters?

Rowlet is Megumi Hayashibara who isn't credited, Lycanroc is Keiichi Nakagawa who is credited as Kukui whilst Melmetal hasn't got a confirmed VA but is likely Kenta Miyake who is Turtonator

It'll be useless if it stays, oaking around Oak's Backyard. It rather do something useful an protect its family lol.

Agreed.

I would rather Naganadel gets the Goodra treatment then end up collecting dust like Infernape or Torterra at Oak's lab.

Finally, we get the title for this eppy took them long enough. Lookin forward to seeing if anything new about the next series is revealed.

The battle between Ash and Kuki will probably be in two parts with SM141-SM142. Nothing Galar related since the series will most likely come to an end where fans would rewatch it from the start, as mentioned from a tweet from one of the SM animators. The new series will probably be an AU Ash (Not continuing from the AU films) with completely new and original companions (non in game characters, something like M21), no Galar nor other Pokémon Leagues, but will start in Galar as part of an International League. Team Rocket still following him as if continuing so.

Agreed.

I would rather Naganadel gets the Goodra treatment then end up collecting dust like Infernape or Torterra at Oak's lab.

Nah, I prefer they go to Oak's lab, who says they're collecting dust there? They're living a happy life and probably training so, they already did their job during their respective series... released like Pidgeot or Greninja or Butterfree means Ash can't ever use them again, he hasn't used reserves since Sinnoh but who knows what will come in the future and the new anime focusing in all regions means maybe Ash uses his old mons...

-

Tomioka is here! I hope this is will be one of the best battles in history of the Pokemon anime, looking forward. :D

Oh you can be guaranteed that Oha Suta will spoil it on the next Friday, what a bunch of cringey d-bags.

What tweet?
It was over 50 pages back or so in the SwSh anime discussion Forum, it was a translation of a tweet from one of the animators who work with SM, also discussed a bit about the new anime series.

Agreed.

That tweet said that the anime would be 'different', in a similar vein to how SM was different than XY. Nothing about it says AU.
It was over 50 pages back or so in the SwSh anime discussion Forum, it was a translation of a tweet from one of the animators who work with SM, also discussed a bit about the new anime series.
His Oak'd Pokemon can be returned at any time. And when they return, they can actually be stronger (shout out to Heracross, Quilava, Sceptile, Donphan and Noctowl) from the time they spend training.

For that matter, I don't consider any of Ash's Pokemon to be officially released from their balls... also Greninja and Goodra can return any time because of the circumstances of their 'release'.

That tweet said that the anime would be 'different', in a similar vein to how SM was different than XY. Nothing about it says AU.

His Oak'd Pokemon can be returned at any time. And when they return, they can actually be stronger (shout out to Heracross, Quilava, Sceptile, Donphan and Noctowl) from the time they spend training.

For that matter, I don't consider any of Ash's Pokemon to be officially released from their balls... also Greninja and Goodra can return any time because of the circumstances of their 'release'.
Nothing Gen 8 related Pokémon have been shown in this years film nor in the anime, meaning that they could be surprising us with something different, refreshing and new.

The last time we saw the majority of his Oaked Pokemon was 6 years ago. Noctowl, Heracross, Sceptile etc. haven't had a relevant moment since 2010, that is nearly a decade ago. I just don't think the writers care about his older Pokemon that much. Hopefully that changes with the next series.

As for Greninja, I disagree. The way he was written out makes it harder for him to return. As I said on Serebii, if writers wanted to keep the door open they would have made his departure as vague as Charizard and Squirtle were.

The last time we saw the majority of his Oaked Pokemon was 6 years ago. Noctowl, Heracross, Sceptile etc. haven't had a relevant moment since 2010, that is nearly a decade ago. I just don't think the writers care about his older Pokemon that much. Hopefully that changes with the next series.

As for Greninja, I disagree. The way he was written out makes it harder for him to return. As I said on Serebii, if writers wanted to keep the door open they would have made his departure as vague as Charizard and Squirtle were.
Don’t forget James’ Chimecho and Cacnea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom