• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time we saw the majority of his Oaked Pokemon was 6 years ago. Noctowl, Heracross, Sceptile etc. haven't had a relevant moment since 2010, that is nearly a decade ago. I just don't think the writers care about his older Pokemon that much. Hopefully that changes with the next series.

As for Greninja, I disagree. The way he was written out makes it harder for him to return. As I said on Serebii, if writers wanted to keep the door open they would have made his departure as vague as Charizard and Squirtle were.
I wouldn’t say Greninja is hard to return at all. He won’t be cutting those roots forever and once he’s done, really all he has to do is head to Professor Sycamore’s lab. At the start of Alola, the flashback showed that Ash gave Professor Oak 5 poke balls so it stands to reason that he has Geninjas. At that point, all that has to be done is Professor Oak send the ball to Professor Sycamore and transfer Greninja to his lab. So it’s definitely not hard at all for him to return in the future.

I wouldn’t say Greninja is hard to return at all. He won’t be cutting those roots forever and once he’s done, really all he has to do is head to Professor Sycamore’s lab. At the start of Alola, the flashback showed that Ash gave Professor Oak 5 poke balls so it stands to reason that he has Geninjas. At that point, all that has to be done is Professor Oak send the ball to Professor Sycamore and transfer Greninja to his lab. So it’s definitely not hard at all for him to return in the future.

I'm assuming that Ash used a similar method with Charizard, maybe the same with Goodra, Squirtle, Primeape and maybe even Pidgeot

Unless this new series would be an AU. Which would probably a hybrid of the two.

I really hope this battle is good. Ash vs. Gladion was pretty meh for me, so I really hope this ends up being great, especially if it's Ash's last major battle for Alola.

I will say tho, I'm glad they're ending the series off with Ash battling Kukui since he's the last major opponent faced in the Sun and Moon games.

BTW, I think this is the same staff list from Hau's debut, which is great, since that was easily one of the best animated pokemon episodes in general. Anyways, I'm disappointed the Guzzlord crisis will only last 1 episode, which makes it blatantly just a way for Ash to get Naganadel back, and makes it unlikely the Mohn subplot will get resolved there.

Well the preview only shows Ash Pokemon battling Incineroar, I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a Tobias match with Kukui not using his full team

I think only one out of Meltan and Poipole should’ve evolved, and should’ve ended up with some training prior to evolution.

Ooosh.

So from the looks of it, it looks as if most of Ash’s team (including my sweet Torracat, why?) will have had their asses kicked by the end of next week’s episode.

At the same time I’m not expecting Ash to become champion of the region considering he has Galar next on his tourist attraction checklist (and he finally won a league which this battle won’t take away any value from me at all) but yeesh, this preview ain’t boding well for how this and the next episode might play out.

Preview looks pretty good! I don't expect Kukui to pull off a Tobias against Ash. Incineroar is really strong, but Braviary and Lucario are beatable.
Also Lycanroc tries to imitate Zacian in the preview :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom