• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see this?
So it is 6 vs 6 match
And kukui send incineroar as first
Is lycanrock second Pokemon?
So Ash is one down already?
Is lycanrock using ice fang attack?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-23-12-05-32-213.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-09-23-12-05-32-213.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 193
Did anyone see this?
So it is 6 vs 6 match
Nah, that seems more like grabbing one of its Stone Edge rocks and holding it in its mouth to mirror Zacian. Kinda like Krookodile doing the same with its Stone Edge rock against Brycen's Beartic.

Did anyone see this?
So it is 6 vs 6 match

If you look closely, there are only 3 Pokeballs on Ash's side, so it might suggest Incineroar already took down 2, and one of those pictures on Ash's side is purple and the top one is a ball (Rowlet). So that leaves Melmetal, Torracat and Pikachu for the other balls.

Here's a clearer image, One of the ball is a different color indicating Naganadel. It does seem like Duskroc and Incineroar will be sent out for the first matchup judging by them being the only Pokemon revealed (Pikachu is revealed because he's a walking Pokemon and he's placed at the end of the list).

Last edited:
Here's a clearer image, One of the ball is a different color indicating Naganadel. It does seem like Duskroc and Incineroar will be sent out for the first matchup judging by them being the only Pokemon revealed (Pikachu is revealed because he's a walking Pokemon and he's placed at the end of the list).
View attachment 125550
Now can people accept my point that the Torracat rivalry has been handled real badly? And my assumption on Ash using Lycanroc first was correct? I was proven correct when I expected meh from Sun/Moon.

Ash gives the courtesy of a rival battle to each one of his Pokémon this saga, and promptly forgets that in Torracat's case. Not to mention he rarely trains it when the reason it joined Ash's team was to grow stronger.
I still can’t get over the fact that he very intentionally risked a league elimination so that Rowlet could battle Decidueye when when Rowlet didn’t give a single shit about training and do this when it comes to the one of the only trainers (almost quite literally) Torracat battles this saga.

Even if Torracat wins, there’s the excuse that Incineroar was weakened by Lycanroc with SE moves.

Now can people accept my point that the Torracat rivalry has been handled real badly? And my assumption on Ash using Lycanroc first was correct?
Jumping to conclusions again. Either, Ash being hasty and excited ends up sending out Lycanroc first, or Ash and Kukui send out their mons at the same time... and Kukui surprises everyone with using his ace right off the bat.

Jumping to conclusions again. Either, Ash being hasty and excited ends up sending out Lycanroc first, or Ash and Kukui send out their mons at the same time... and Kukui surprises everyone with using his ace right off the bat.
I guess it could happen, but "Ash being hasty" is rather unlikely.

And my concerns more directed at the writers for me than Ash; they bothered to write completely one on one rival battles for every one of Ash's other Pokémon.

I guess it could happen, but "Ash being hasty" is rather unlikely.

And my concerns more directed at the writers for me than Ash; they bothered to write completely one on one rival battles for every one of Ash's other Pokémon.
Dude, Incineroar would be able to beat any of Ash's mons bar his top 3 1v1 (imo A-G, Peakachu, and Charizard), Torracat would have no chance

Huh, so Incineroar is Prof. Kukui's first Pokemon? I would've thought that he'd save it for last since it's his (well, the Masked Royal's) main Pokemon. So either Incineroar will go down earlier than expected or Kukui will recall it and use it again for the last match up.

Someday in the future I would love to see Ash use all my favorite Pokémon of his from each series in a battle (probably never going to happen, but if this show continues to go on for years and years it will have to occur eventually):LOL:

OS- Heracross
AG- Sceptile
DP- Infernape
BW- Krookodile
XY- Ash-Gren
SM- Lycanroc

Moving on to the topic at hand, I hope this battle turns out well. I’m personally very excited for this and hope we get to see 6 Pokémon from each side and not a complete wipeout. As long as Ash puts up a good fight I’m okay with him losing. While I am a bit disappointed that Ash isn’t using Torracat first against Incineroar, I’m not going to knock him for it. At least Torracat gets to battle it eventually. And besides, until the episode comes out I don’t want to be pessimistic as it spoils my viewing of the episode. Once again, looking forward to this full power battle and hope it excites!

Infernape says hi.
Snorlax says hi.
Heracros (!!!) says hi.
Blazeape is the only one of them that has a chance, and even then he'd need to be at low HP for it to activate, though if they used z moves they could make it more competitive, though I'd still say Heracross wouldn't make it (Torracat with IO wouldn't make it either on a 1v1)

Dude, Incineroar would be able to beat any of Ash's mons bar his top 3 1v1 (imo A-G, Peakachu, and Charizard), Torracat would have no chance
Same was the situation for Rowlet yet Ash risked a league elimination so Rowlet could battle its rival(and Rowlet showed zero seriousness and fell asleep in the middle of training when Ash relented).

Wasn’t everybody on the boat next to Ash and Kukui? Wouldn’t they have all seen his true identity because everything was happening 10 feet away?

Having just watched the episode, outside of Delia and Oak, nobody was on the ships' decks, meaning that nobody else could've gotten a clear view of the unmasked Kukui. And, even if they were still somehow able to see it (despite not being shown to be having a clear view of it), like them watching the whole thing through the windows of the ship or something, the writers could've still made it so that they're more focused on Guzzlord and the closing Ultra Wormhole swallowing it, rather then on the Masked Royal. Or, considering that this is the same show where even this kind of disguises can fool people, they could've found some other way to make it so that Kukui still keeps his MR identity a secret from the world, instead of saying "Screw it!" and throwing it, all that build-up surrounding it, the possible character development that could've come from it and a proper resolution to it out the kriffing window for the sake of artificially creating tension for the upcoming battle, creating another stupid and unneeded funny moment (as if having over 3000 of those wasn't enough) and ending the episode on an unnecessary cliff-hanger.

That, or in the case of Ash winning (which I doubt will happen but roll with it), the Masked Royal goes to the center of the field and takes off his mask to make his defeat known, as happens in the wrestler tradition.

Hell, they could even have him gift the mask to Ash to symbolise their respect and friendship.
I don't know if the first option would've been that much better, since it would've still have the "undermines the previous episodes that focused on this matter and make any reason for his secrecy (or the even the idea of there being a reason for this charade) irrelevant and virtually non-existent (which, now that I think about it, him doing this for no reason to not only his ward, but also his wife really makes him look like an a-holish douche)" effect that I mention (though, it would at least show that he's doing it out of respect for Ash, so it would still be slightly better, just not that much better).

As for the second one, didn't they do something similar in a previous episode already?

I wish he turns up with an Alolan Ninetales like the games... But I doubt they’d give anime!Kukui that. It’d be cool if he at least ends up training Samson Oak’s Vulpix abd evolving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom