• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too hot about the Venusaur, but Kukui having an Empoleon is so cool! I wonder if that's who Rowlet is going to fight against (and for the love of Arceus, Mew, and all the Legendary/Mythical Pokemon in the world, NOT fall asleep against; I don't need to see ANOTHER week of people complaining about that).

Anyways, now all that's left is Kukui's sixth member. I'm thinking that it's either an unrevealed Galar 'mon or Obstagoon.

You mean the games? Because the games don't necessarily have to impact the anime at all.
I was talking about the games. It wouldn't make sense for Kukui to use a Galar mon considering he has no ties to the region, and it would make more sense for a character actually from Sword & Shield to debut a Galar mon in the anime early.

I was talking about the games. It wouldn't make sense for Kukui to use a Galar mon considering he has no ties to the region, and it would make more sense for a character actually from Sword & Shield to debut a Galar mon in the anime early.
It was established in the games that Kukui has traveled at least to Kanto, so I wouldn't be surprised if his anime counterpart acquired these starter Pokémon by traveling to other regions. And if that's the case, I wouldn't see any reason to exclude Galar from the list of regions he's visited.

I'm lowkey hoping Ash doesn't use Rowlet this time, but that's probably wishful thinking

Rowlet had narrative and determination on its side for Decidueye, but it feels like a stretch for it to still somehow make important contributions here when it basically already had its arc.

This isn't even a knock against all unevolved Pokemon. Pikachu is Pikachu, and Torracat has always had good work ethic. (Plus it still has to settle the Incineroar thing) But Rowlet is a case where "super strong unevolved Pokemon" just doesn't feel as believable anymore.

It could also be possible that Kukui uses Tapu Koko or that Ash outright loses before Kukui even has the opportunity to use his 6th.

Are we even sure Kukui has a 6th pokemon? Or are we just assuming cause Ash is using his 6? Cause a 5 v 6 battle has happened before in the anime.

Maybe Koko approaches Kukui to join his team right before Kukui goes to sleep because he wants to have a final showdown with Pikachu
No.
Are we even sure Kukui has a 6th pokemon? Or are we just assuming cause Ash is using his 6? Cause a 5 v 6 battle has happened before in the anime.
I could see Kukui beating Ash with only five Pokémon.

I'm just wondering if the reason Kukui's 6th Pokemon wasn't revealed's because Satoshi'll be defeated by 5 only.

I remember back in the Isshu League that one magazine revealed which Pokemon Kotetsu was gonna use against Satoshi and there were two pictures of Daikenki, as if he'd use two of them.

No. Just, no. That's not even remotely likely.

That, on the other hand, is a scenario I could see happening.
The majority chances say that it's an unrevealed Galar Pokemon hence why it has not been revealed. And no, we don't mention that 5 v 6 battle, it's an insult to the franchise.
I mean it's a really good freakin team. Majority are starters, and ones a Lucarion, which Ash doesn't have that great of track record in major battles.
Lucario is a glass cannon since it got knocked out from just one blow from Guzzlord. It would be an asspull for it to start being a sudden tank.

My prediction:
Incineroar beats Lycanroc
Torracat beats Incineroar
Empoleon beats Torracat
Pikachu beats Empoleon
Calls back Pikachu
Rowlet ties with Braviary
Melmetal beats Venusaur
Lucario beats Melmetal
Naganadel beats Lucario
6th pokemon beats Naganadel
6th pokemon and Pikachu tie

My prediction:
Empoleon beats Torracat
Pikachu beats Empoleon
Calls back Pikachu
Melmetal beats Venusaur
Lucario beats Melmetal
Naganadel beats Lucario
I like everything here besides Rowlet even standing a chance against Braviary... it pains me that this owl might be presented as a matching opponent against someone.

My prediction:
Empoleon beats Torracat
Pikachu beats Empoleon
Calls back Pikachu
Melmetal beats Venusaur
Lucario beats Melmetal
Naganadel beats Lucario
Agree with this except Rowlet tying with Braviary. I see Torracat beating two Pokemon (possibly whoever Rowlet fights).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom