• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speculated months ago that Tapu Koko would be in Kukui's team so the writers could kill two birds with two stone. I'd love being right, but given the timing a Galar Pokémon seems sightly more likely. Whatever the case Oha Suta will surely spoil it. :wynaut:

I'm lowkey hoping Ash doesn't use Rowlet this time, but that's probably wishful thinking

Rowlet had narrative and determination on its side for Decidueye, but it feels like a stretch for it to still somehow make important contributions here when it basically already had its arc.

This isn't even a knock against all unevolved Pokemon. Pikachu is Pikachu, and Torracat has always had good work ethic. (Plus it still has to settle the Incineroar thing) But Rowlet is a case where "super strong unevolved Pokemon" just doesn't feel as believable anymore.
Rowlet for me has never been a case where “super strong unevolved Pokemon” was believable. The thing barely shows motivation to be anything other than a running gag, has been trained maybe twice in the entire series and barely ever actually does anything yet is just handed victories most of the time. At least in the past when it came to Ash’s unevolved powerhouses, you could see them proving themselves as such but that just isn’t the case with Rowlet.

I wonder if Kukui using Empoleon and Venesaur, that means he travelled to Kanto (that is 100% true) and Sinnoh when he was young. For his sixth Pokemon, I think it won't be anything special, say when was the last time a trainer used three full evolved starters on one team? Doesn't that make Kukui OP?

I wonder if Kukui using Empoleon and Venesaur, that means he travelled to Kanto (that is 100% true) and Sinnoh when he was young. For his sixth Pokemon, I think it won't be anything special, say when was the last time a trainer used three full evolved starters on one team? Doesn't that make Kukui OP?
Well, Alain had two fully evolved pseudos after all...

Well, Alain had two fully evolved pseudos after all...
That is true, but can you compare it to a fully evolved started? I always felt evolved starters OP like Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja (bad examples I know). When did Kukui had the time to train and feed them?

That is true, but can you compare it to a fully evolved started? I always felt evolved starters OP like Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja (bad examples I know). When did Kukui had the time to train and feed them?
Going by the game, Psuedos are WAY stronger than starters.

Going by the anime a Pokémon is just as strong as the writers want and species barely matters. Drake's Venusaur didn't seem to be anything special, for instance, and Ash's Torterra had, if I recall, a spotty record.

Depending on what his 6th turns out to be, Kukui's team looks weaker than Alain's, I think.

Going by the game, Psuedos are WAY stronger than starters.

Going by the anime a Pokémon is just as strong as the writers want and species barely matters. Drake's Venusaur didn't seem to be anything special, for instance, and Ash's Torterra had, if I recall, a spotty record.

Depending on what his 6th turns out to be, Kukui's team looks weaker than Alain's, I think.
I am glad the "weaker" starters get some love here.

Kukui isn't OP against Ash, who has a legendary and a Mythical on his team.

Kukui isn't OP against Ash, who has a legendary and a Mythical on his team.
That is subjective. Did he train a lot with those two, did they have to overcome any struggle and did they show how many power they have?
Sorry to correct you, but he has an ultra beast and a Mythical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom