• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the Legendary is the least likely option
They haven't pulled the legendary BS since Tobias and with good reason, so that's out of the question. As for defeating with 5 Pokemon, it might happen but it seems pointless considering it's a 2-parter dedicated full battle in which his ace is literally sent out first.
The only logical conclusion is that the 6th Mon is an unrevealed Galar species.

Wasn't Alain's Unfezant unrevealed until the preview? Heck, apparently Ash's Swellow in Ash vs Tobias was unrevealed until the actual episode came out,

I think Kukui only having to use 5 Pokémon would be lame. If he has 5 anyway why not go for the full 6? A "full battle" should be a full battle, but that's just my two cents. I do still see it as a possibility.

As much as I want Kukui to have Galar Pokémon, I also wouldn't rule out that his 6th is just a Gen 1 to 7 Pokémon. If anything, the past has taught us that these scans can be misleading and are not always what they seem. It should also be noted that Kukui's Pokémon are shown in a bunch of screenshots, and not in a team roster like Ash's Pokémon.

There is definitely a possibility that a 6th Pokémon not being in the scan means something, but all the same there is the possibility that it means nothing at all and we're all making a bigger deal out of it than it could really be.

It should also be noted that Kukui's Pokémon are shown in a bunch of screenshots, and not in a team roster like Ash's Pokémon.

There is definitely a possibility that a 6th Pokémon not being in the scan means something, but all the same there is the possibility that it means nothing at all and we're all making a bigger deal out of it than it could really be.

That looks like Kukui's team roster to me, with the notable feature being that the 6th slot is taken up by the upcoming anime's announcement. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe I might be looking too deep into stuff or maybe it actually is a Galar mon.

View attachment 125649

That looks like Kukui's team roster to me, with the notable feature being that the 6th slot is taken up by the upcoming anime's announcement. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe I might be looking too deep into stuff or maybe it actually is a Galar mon.
Maybe they hadn't enough space on the scan for both the sixth and the announcement?

Maybe they hadn't enough space on the scan for both the sixth and the announcement?
Highly doubt it, they could have shrunken Incineroar and adjusted space a bit and you would have more than enough space for a 6th mon.

Either he'll only use 5 Pokemon, which is a bogus idea and kinda ruins the concept of a dedicated 2-parter for a full battle, not to mention bringing up unpleasant Cameron memories... or it'll be an unrevealed Galar species.

Highly doubt it, they could have shrunken Incineroar and adjusted space a bit and you would have more than enough space for a 6th mon.

Either he'll only use 5 Pokemon, which is a bogus idea and kinda ruins the concept of a dedicated 2-parter for a full battle, not to mention bringing up unpleasant Cameron memories... or it'll be an unrevealed Galar species.
Or just any other 1-7 Gen pokemon.

View attachment 125649

Hmm okay, I'll be honest. I hadn't noticed this roster for some reason :unsure: That is a bit more suspicious. But personally I still think there is a possibility it will be some other random 'mon but maybe I just don't want to be disappointed

I'm really hoping the five mons thing isn't gonna come true. I feel like it would be kinda offhandedly insulting to Ash with the whole implication of 'lol, you're a weak baby who can't even handle an opponent with five Pokemon, let alone six', which is especially not a good look for him when tons of people are already so underwhelmed by Alola Ash.

Galar Pokemon is my favorite theory so far, but I'm also kinda agreeing that maybe it just isn't as big of a deal as we think.

Last edited:
View attachment 125649

Interesting, I want to know what is Kukui's 6th Pokemon? Perhaps, he only defeated Ash with only his 5 pokemon. Let's see what happens

Was there anything interesting in the preview?
Not really. They showed some scenes before the match with Ash sitting on Melmetal and Kukui and Incineroar meditating while Burnet is talking to him.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson by not showing off huge spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom