REVIEW: SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Reaction score
Great episode for opening of the prophecy to finally see Ash facing Kukui. However, it will be great to see Ash's Torracat defeat Kukui's Incineroar. Nevertheless, next episode, will be even great.

Overall: B+

@FinnishPokéFan92
See, I'll told you so. That Burnet will faint after discovered that Kukui is Masked Royal.

Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
I guess this is proof that none of Ash's Pokemon are officially released and he keeps the balls by which he can recall them if they choose to join him again. Bulbapedia needs some editing.

I'll need to wait for the subbed version to write a detailed review.

Do you even zap?
Reaction score
Great episode for opening of the prophecy to finally see Ash facing Kukui. However, it will be great to see Ash's Torracat defeat Kukui's Incineroar. Nevertheless, next episode, will be even great.

Overall: B+

@FinnishPokéFan92
See, I'll told you so. That Burnet will faint after discovered that Kukui is Masked Royal.
I don't even remember that you ever said that, sorry...

ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴄǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ
Reaction score
Ugh this episode was such a tease; the first part of the Ash vs. Paul 3-parter was more eventful.

Eagerly awaiting next week...again.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I'm really hoping this is the start of a 3 part battle

Do you even zap?
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the bell ringing and Blast Burn absorption were buildup for Torracat evolving.

Do you even zap?
Reaction score
I did wonder what was up with the bell ringing, hope Torracat does evolve
I think it was mentioned to be because of its fighting spirit, but I'm also hoping it being a hint towards evolution, which, based on the preview, won't probably happen next week.

Lets have a Blast
Reaction score
I think it was mentioned to be because of its fighting spirit, but I'm also hoping it being a hint towards evolution, which, based on the preview, won't probably happen next week.
Well if my hopes of a 3 episode battle are correct, it could happen in the third episode which could be the final battle of the match

Reaction score
To be fair, Ash was able to recall Squirtle, Charizard and Goodra into their Poke Balls after they said goodbye so its no real surprise
With the difference being: All of them had human caretakers and as such are marked as in training instead released. Sun and Moon has set a different standard and confirmed for me something i already expected: Ash doesn't officially release, because that prevents other trainers from catching them.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Lycanroc grabbing a piece of that shattered Stone Edge for his attack reminds me of the time Ash's then-Krokorok used his repelled Stone Edge as melee weapons to beat Brycen's Beartic. I appreciate the little callback.

Reaction score
After "absorbing" that Blast Burn, why didn't Ash go for a full power Fire Blast or something? I mean seems like Torracat was wanting to release the absorbed flames into an even bigger attack or something...

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
There didn't happen much in this episode. Interesting to note that Trevenant also was a possibility in which Pokemon does Kukui send out in the episode