• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

Great episode for opening of the prophecy to finally see Ash facing Kukui. However, it will be great to see Ash's Torracat defeat Kukui's Incineroar. Nevertheless, next episode, will be even great.

Overall: B+

@FinnishPokéFan92
See, I'll told you so. That Burnet will faint after discovered that Kukui is Masked Royal.

I guess this is proof that none of Ash's Pokemon are officially released and he keeps the balls by which he can recall them if they choose to join him again. Bulbapedia needs some editing.

I'll need to wait for the subbed version to write a detailed review.

Great episode for opening of the prophecy to finally see Ash facing Kukui. However, it will be great to see Ash's Torracat defeat Kukui's Incineroar. Nevertheless, next episode, will be even great.

Overall: B+

@FinnishPokéFan92
See, I'll told you so. That Burnet will faint after discovered that Kukui is Masked Royal.
I don't even remember that you ever said that, sorry...

I think it was mentioned to be because of its fighting spirit, but I'm also hoping it being a hint towards evolution, which, based on the preview, won't probably happen next week.

Well if my hopes of a 3 episode battle are correct, it could happen in the third episode which could be the final battle of the match

To be fair, Ash was able to recall Squirtle, Charizard and Goodra into their Poke Balls after they said goodbye so its no real surprise

With the difference being: All of them had human caretakers and as such are marked as in training instead released. Sun and Moon has set a different standard and confirmed for me something i already expected: Ash doesn't officially release, because that prevents other trainers from catching them.

Lycanroc grabbing a piece of that shattered Stone Edge for his attack reminds me of the time Ash's then-Krokorok used his repelled Stone Edge as melee weapons to beat Brycen's Beartic. I appreciate the little callback.

After "absorbing" that Blast Burn, why didn't Ash go for a full power Fire Blast or something? I mean seems like Torracat was wanting to release the absorbed flames into an even bigger attack or something...

There didn't happen much in this episode. Interesting to note that Trevenant also was a possibility in which Pokemon does Kukui send out in the episode

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom