• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

PREVIEW: SM141: TBA

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Well SM141 confirms that Sun and Moon is the first series to have more episodes than the previous one

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that the reason why they're not showing off the episode title here is because it will spoil the winner of the Alolan League.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I think that the reason why they're not showing off the episode title here is because it will spoil the winner of the Alolan League.
That's what I'm assuming, personally I would rather wait until next Sunday to find out who wins

SammyW27

Surrounded by fuqqin' idiots
Reaction score
Whatever they're keeping this secret for better be good...

Me, I'm hoping it'll pick up where SM140 leaves off with everyone vs. Guzzlord. We'll NEED something like that after a Fukijama 2-parter sure to sour the League finals.

Oh, and I'll bet even money that Shaymin turns into Sky Form for this party. (it damn well better)

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
What is even the point of hiding the winner of the Alola league? Because regardless of who wins, a lot of folks will be upset anyway; even if Ash wins some people will complain that Ash won a league that had no prerequisites and contained sub-par battles, and if Ash loses people will rage over the fact that he was beaten in the finals again and that the writers suck for not letting him win. I just can't see why dragging out the inevitable would make a difference when you consider that usually 99% of major events in this anime get spoiled weeks/months in advance.

mehmeh1

Reaction score
What is even the point of hiding the winner of the Alola league? Because regardless of who wins, a lot of folks will be upset anyway; even if Ash wins some people will complain that Ash won a league that had no prerequisites and contained sub-par battles, and if Ash loses people will rage over the fact that he was beaten in the finals again and that the writers suck for not letting him win. I just can't see why dragging out the inevitable would make a difference when you consider that usually 99% of major events in this anime get spoiled weeks/months in advance.
There's a contest going on in which the people that guess the winner are put in a raffle for a trip to Hawaii

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
There's a contest going on in which the people that guess the winner are put in a raffle for a trip to Hawaii
Oh. Well at least they're doing something cool to go along with the league and making the winner actually matter this time.

Panky..

Reaction score
If he wins in a well written manner, the outrage won't be as big... just some generic Ash hating circlejerkers at best. Now if Ash wins in the same manner he won against Hapu or Hau, then we'll have a real problem.

And since it's Fuji, that possibility is not out of the question.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that this is where Ash's farce of a win against Hau is revoked and we get Hau vs Gladion as it should've been

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that this is where Ash's farce of a win against Hau is revoked and we get Hau vs Gladion as it should've been
Not happening. Ash didn't technically cheat to win, so his win counts as a legitimate one.

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
Is this the first time they skip an episode's title reveal and go straight to the next one? I don't recall this sort of gap happening ever before.

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
Not happening. Ash didn't technically cheat to win, so his win counts as a legitimate one.
Stopping the match to cure your Pokemon's status ailment (waking up Rowlet) is cheating in my book. Hau could have used any attack to finish him off when he was asleep but didn't because the match was called. It wasn't Ash's fault but Hau really did earn that win.

Last edited:

UxieLover1994

Reaction score
If he wins in a well written manner, the outrage won't be as big... just some generic Ash hating circlejerkers at best. Now if Ash wins in the same manner he won against Hapu or Hau, then we'll have a real problem.

And since it's Fuji, that possibility is not out of the question.
A deus ex machina win would destroy the reputation of the SM for good. Gladion winning would still anger those who waited 22 years for Ash to win, but a the same time, it would be seen as justice to Hau for losing via "SOS Rest". Ash losing, and us learning on September 29 that the series will be rebooted will destroy the reputation of the anime in general.

I'm predicting that Gladion will win, but here has been a lot of shake-ups to the status quo lately. The odds of Ash winning this league are boosted from 0.0001% to a whooping 1%. But whether legitimately or through another deus ex machina that Fujisaku loves doing is the main question.

But this is mainly about SM141, guys. How it relates to Gladion (or Ash) winning has not been confirmed yet.

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
Stopping the match to cure your Pokemon's status ailment (waking up Rowlet) is cheating in my book. Hau could have used any attack attack to finish him off when he was asleep but didn't because the match was called. It wasn't Ash's fault but Hau really did earn that win.
It wasn't a status condition, since it wasn't inflicted through a move.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Rowlet hasn't been disobedient. It just has a tendency to sleep a lot.
Sleeping was a direct disregard of orders though.

Either Rowlet is disobedient or needs urgent treatment for narcolepsy, because it’s pretty clear that sleeping is interfering with the poor thing's daily functioning and falls asleep even when it doesn’t want to.