• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

PREVIEW: SM141: TBA

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
Sleeping was a direct disregard of orders though.

Either Rowlet is disobedient or needs urgent treatment for narcolepsy, because it’s pretty clear that sleeping is interfering with the poor thing's daily functioning and falls asleep even when it doesn’t want to.
I don't see it disobeying Ash in any other way, so...

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Yes, gag characters with jokey gimmicks do tend to behave abnormally, that's kind of the whole point.

Panky..

Reaction score
Yes, gag characters with jokey gimmicks do tend to behave abnormally, that's kind of the whole point.
I don't recall Gible, who was also a joke character initially, blasting the hell out of Piplup with its Draco Meteor during a League match. Or even chomping and eating random objects.

During the League, he was very much focused and serious.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It’s usually a personality quirk, or a quirk with a move, not something that disrupts a Pokémon’s daily functioning...

Rowlet shows desire to beat Decidueye and is ready to do anything to battle it, and literally falls asleep when it was finally chosen for the battle and had to train.

mehmeh1

Reaction score
I don't recall Gible, who was also a joke character initially, blasting the hell out of Piplup with its Draco Meteor during a League match. Or even chomping and eating random objects.

During the League, he was very much focused and serious.
While definitely not random objects, he still chomped on Shuckle's entire body and Dusknoir's fist

Panky..

Reaction score
While definitely not random objects, he still chomped on Shuckle's entire body and Dusknoir's fist
That was part of Ash and Gible's improvised strategy, catching them with the bite to prevent them from moving around then blasting them at point blank with Draco Meteors.

On the other hand, I don't recall Rowlet falling asleep to be a part of Ash's strategy.

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
Falling asleep is literally a symptom of in game disobedience...
And in the other case, it’s severely ill. I refuse to believe that Rowlet's behaviour is normal.
Rowlet's literally me when I don't have my coffee. So I guess you could say that I've developed a soft spot for the little narcoleptic.

Anyway, I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Well Bewear is confirmed to show up in the previous episode so hopefully Team Rocket will be absent allowing us to enjoy a proper full battle without them making an appearance elsewhere

Wonder how long it will be until we have the title, now that SM139 has aired

Panky..

Reaction score
They can't wait for much longer now. They're more than likely going to reveal it within the next week, before SM140 airs.
What if they didn't reveal this episode's title because of the 29th September reveal? The two coincide after all, maybe it's a spoiler for the next anime reveal and not the Manalo finals?

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
What if they didn't reveal this episode's title because of the 29th September reveal? The two coincide after all, maybe it's a spoiler for the next anime reveal and not the Manalo finals?
Could be. I've considered that explanation myself as well. I just said "likely".

BigDocFan

Reaction score
[QUOTE="IncineROAR, post: 6870550, member: I miss everything from Gen 4...[/QUOTE]

Was certainly my favorite bit of the anime

IncineROAR

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
Was certainly my favorite bit of the anime
I love how they wrote the nonsensical comedy of Gible wanting to bite everything to ultimately be useful in the strategy. It's those little touches that I don't think SM has done a good job of continuing. I'm actually not mad about Rowlet's sleepiness being used for it to use rest and recover. That is a classic touch, albeit cheap because the bird never officially learned the move.

kantoskies

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense. The reveal for the next series is coming after the episode, right? If the episode itself airs before the reveal it’s going to be spoiled anyway. Would they just censor out the title card during the episode?

If anything it’s probably a spoiler relating to the outcome of today’s episode.

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense. The reveal for the next series is coming after the episode, right? If the episode itself airs before the reveal it’s going to be spoiled anyway. Would they just censor out the title card during the episode?

If anything it’s probably a spoiler relating to the outcome of today’s episode.
I could go either way. The title could be something like "Satoshi vs. Royal Mask", but it could also have something to do with the announcement. If a character showed up that was tied to the new series, I would see it more as a teaser to hype up the full announcement. It wouldn't really be a spoiler if it happened only 20 minutes before the actual reveal.