• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this does happen to be Ash's full battle, I hope Ash brings back his all-star team back that doesn't include Pikachu because all those all-stars are far more powerful than him. The last time this happened for a major full battle was back in Johto's Ash vs Gary match where Pikachu was sidelined and Ash went all out with his big guns.

If this does happen to be Ash's full battle, I hope Ash brings back his all-star team back that doesn't include Pikachu because all those all-stars are far more powerful than him. The last time this happened for a major full battle was back in Johto's Ash vs Gary match where Pikachu was sidelined and Ash went all out with his big guns.

Much as I would love that to happen, I can only see Ash using his Alola team and whoever his final Pokemon will be

Much as I would love that to happen, I can only see Ash using his Alola team and whoever his final Pokemon will be
Kinda one of the reasons I don't want Poipole to come back. And beginner's luck doesn't even remotely apply like it did to Tauros and Kingler, given Poipole's naive baby behavior and lack of battle experience.

Kinda one of the reasons I don't want Poipole to come back. And beginner's luck doesn't even remotely apply like it did to Tauros and Kingler, given Poipole's baby behavior and lack of battle experience.

I agree about Poipole, part of me wants to see it return but it lacks the battle experience

Pikachu at worst is Ash's third strongest Pokemon. The only ones you can put ahead of him are Charizard and Greninja (if he counts...). If Ash is bringing out his top mons, then Pikachu should be on the team over someone like Snorlax and Heracross.

I feel like Pikachu is Ash's top Pokemon when he's at his peak even though that happens very rarely these days. I can't think of that many reserve Pokemon that would give Pikachu a run for his money other than Charizard, Infernape and maybe Sceptile, but that's being generous since again, I consider Pikachu to be more powerful than most of y'all give him credit for.

That said, since I expect Ash to lose to Prof. Kukui anyway, I don't really care if Ash uses his best Pokemon since the result wouldn't change imo.

It has potential. Melmetal and Naganadel give me Goodra and Noivern Vibes tbh. But on paper this might be Ash's Strongest Team. And since they showed Pikachu battling against Incineroar even though that is Torracat's Rival, could they possibly be trying not to spoil a Torracat Evolution?

Pikachu is battling Incineroar in the opening, though.

I guess Naganadel is here to give Ash the full party he needs for the battle against Masked Royal. I figured this would happen, but I'm a bit disappointed by it.

Based off 141's preview, it looks like Naganadel, Melmetal, Rowlet, & Pikachu will be seeing usage in this episode. They [the writers] may be able to pull it off, but it still seems like it's a rather crowded affair and several Pokemon are going to get jobbed hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom