• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Bad news, summary for SM144 shows Tapu Koko taking on the role of the final battler which means Kukui’s 6th Pokemon may go unrevealed
We haven't seen Tapu Koko during the battle so far, right? Perhaps it approached Kukui behind the scenes after the Guzzlord incident so it is his 6th Pokémon

Bad news, summary for SM144 shows Tapu Koko taking on the role of the final battler which means Kukui’s 6th Pokemon may go unrevealed
Yeah, I know that Tapu Koko’s his 6th. I’m just saying that if the 6th Pokemon he was going to use was revealed, it would be a Trevenant. I should’ve worded it better.

This episode was really amazing. I especially love the battles between Ash and Kakui it was just so entertaining and intense to watch. I kinda find it a shame that Lycanrock lost in his battle but it was still great. So far my favorite part of their battle was the scenes Torracat vs Incineroar was a really great battle and I cant't wait til it continues in the next episode. Melmetal's battle between Emploean was also great and I find it hilarious when Melmetal owned Emploean it got slamed along with Kakui. Overall I'm so excited for the next episode in a few days with Naganadel vs Lucario also the continuation of Torracat vs Incineroar

My Overall Rating: A+

Last edited:
Why? That Trevanent in the flashbacks died.
I’m saying that Kukui would catch a Trevenant in memory of Grandpa Oh, not that he would catch Grandpa Oh specifically.

I have a couple of things I’d like to say about the episode;

When Torracat used Fire Fang and Fire Blast on Venusaur the excess flames from absorbing the Blast Burn were released, as when he landed back on the ground the bell was back to normal. So now he has the power of the Blast Burn without the dangerous side effects.

Melmetal was actually a really smart choice to use against Empoleon. Whirlpool didn’t affect Melmetal due to his size, Hydro Pump could be neutralized by his spinning, and Empoleon would be countered by Double Iron Bash and Flash Cannon if he tried to get in close with Metal Claw and Drill Peck.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom