• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM143: Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucario vs Nagandel is most likely a tie (Dragon Pulse vs Dragon Pulse clash).
If the opening is an indication, Torracat loses against Incineroar (Since Pikachu is facing Incineroar in the opening) and i cannot see they are doing a tie back-to-back either. A Incineroar vs Torracat tie will feel cheap and meaningless if Incineroar has battled one opponent more than Torracat has as well (If Naganadel wins against Lucario).
Then the last match-up is Koko vs Pikachu.

If the opening is an indication, Torracat loses against Incineroar (Since Pikachu is facing Incineroar in the opening) and i cannot see they are doing a tie back-to-back either. A Incineroar vs Torracat tie will feel cheap and meaningless if Incineroar has battled one opponent more than Torracat has as well (If Naganadel wins against Lucario).
Openings aren't always a reliable source of evidence. I could see Torracat winning but then getting one-shot by Koko.
I wonder if they just don't want to showcase Beast Boost?
I really hope they would showcase it, but if the battle between Lucario and Naganadel is a tie, it won't be happening.

A good scenario could possibly be Naganadel beating Lucario and weakening Incineroar a little before being beaten.

Same. But I'm just speculating, trying to figure out if there's a scenario that doesn't involve a double knockout that could result in Pikachu vs Tapu Koko.

Naganadel wins
Lucario wins (likely scenario if one has too win, since then its gets its revenge against an Ultra Beast).
But it most likely results in a draw (Since for some odd reason, a 6v6 match always needs to have at least one draw since gen 6).

Apparently, we have finally received the staff list for this episode:

Dephender said:
Screenplay: 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
Episode Director: 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
Animation Director: 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
Animation Director: 志村泉 Izumi Shimura

Did Torracat just Revenge an Inferno Overdrive?

Anyways, after watching that showdown preview, does anyone else think it's a bad idea to overshadow that matchup with Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko?

Last edited:
Did Torracat just Revenge an Inferno Overdrive?

Anyways, after watching that showdown preview, does anyone else think it's a bad idea to overshadow that matchup with Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko?
By now idk if I'd call it overshadowing, it's more of a weird case of a fight having 2 climaxes

Any chance of Torracat evolving during this episode?

Nope. Writers don't like to pair 2 of the same Pokemon against eachother since Black and White, unless one is different (Shiny Hawlucha vs Ash Hawlucha for example or Alains Zard X vs Trevors Zard Y). They want to avoid confusion for the kids (They don't know which one is which if they are the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom