• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM144: Alola's Strongest Z! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the writing can also keep up, this will be a god-tier episode.
Aya Matsui's track record so far has been just around average. Not bad writing, not good either... and especially with the way Tapu Koko was set up, I'm not that confident. I'll still keep an open mind though, since Fujisaku did subvert my expectations recently.

I would have preferred it if this episode started with Ash defeating Kukui's last Pokemon, a brief break before Tapu Koko challenged Ash with Kukui the partner for the Z-Move
If we were to see Kukui’s last Pokemon, I’d rather that happened before Torracat vs Incineroar to get the other match ups out of the way before the climax of the battle.

In my ideal scenario Ash wins Ash vs Kukui (or ends with a draw) and Tapu Koko decides to challenge Ash immediately later. A short break is taken to get the battlefield in shape (seriously, that Inferno Overdrive clash didn’t totally ruin the field? It’s unscathed! It shouldn’t be) and to heal Ash’s team.

The battle begins and Tapu Koko pushes Kukui to the position where the opponent trainer’s supposed to stand to declare that it’s partnering with Kukui.

As for why Satoshi and Kukui are getting to use two Z-Moves... has it ever been established in the anime that it's only one Z-Move per battle? Having said that, it's probably Tapu Koko's influence.
In SM054. Ash asks Gladion if he can use his Z-move while Ash uses Gigavolt Havoc to defeat Nihilego and save Lusamine. Gladion says that he can’t because he already used Continental Crush on Absol.

In SM054. Ash asks Gladion if he can use his Z-move while Ash uses Gigavolt Havoc to defeat Nihilego and save Lusamine. Gladion says that he can’t because he already used Continental Crush on Absol.

Oh yeah, Gladion did confirm that

Guessing the presence of all four Tapu's will allow a way around it

The island deities have always been portrayed as capricious. At times they be quite helpful, and at other times they can be dickish.

The relationship between the tapu and the Alolan people is basically 50% reverence, 50% fear. They have to do whatever the tapu want, because if they don't, they'll likely be struck down. Personally, I find this quite interesting about them, as it's basically the way gods in real-life mythology are portrayed most of the time (especially the Greek/Roman gods).
That's uhh... Not exactly...
Well, I view the island deities as basically being the Pokemon world's version of the Greek gods; they can be very demanding and act like real jerks sometimes, but they're the gods, and the Alolans just have to live with them and accept their wishes. (They sure as heck are much nicer/more helpful than the Greek gods, though. Have you read a Greek myth lately? Even the nicest ones can be a-holes at times, and the others are just scum.)
Just curious, which versions of the Greek mythos have you read?

I really don't mind Tapu Koko being Kukui's Last Pokemon. I really don't get a problem with that. If it was Nyaheat's battle getting overshadowed, they've fixed that by making it evolve (I guarantee you no one will forget him evolving and fainting while standing up scene). If Kukui's Last Pokemon was Pelipper or whatever, I'm pretty sure it would have been an easy win for Ash. I like seeing him being challenged. Tapu Koko appearing was also unexpected so this will test whether he is a true champion or not. The Animation looks out of this world. This may top Ash Vs Alain in terms of Animation or maybe the previous episode already did. This certainly has been on Ash Vs Paul level type of writing and may even surpass that which is a surprise considering that Battles were never the main focus in this series.

I might be wrong but I think Ash will win, albeit because Naganedel battles first, helping to weaken Tapu Koko (assuming it doesn't get easily defeated) and having Pikachu win

Meh, not much shown from that but hopefully Naganadel doesn't get jobbed early. Pikachu can't carry an entire episode worth of battling Tapu Koko alone.

Off topic, I love the Halloween theme. Then again Orange, Black and Purple were always my favorite colors. Mods, please let it be permanent.

Third and final preview of the episode:

Animation is on another level.

It seems Yoshimeda Kameda, Veteran Animator who has participated in Anime like Mob Psycho 100 will be participating in tomorrow's episode. The Only Pokemon Related Thing he ever did was the Battle Scene on the Terrain in the First Sun & Moon Opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom