• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM144: Alola's Strongest Z! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Another great episode that ended with the conclusion of the Manolo Conference. Despite all the shit talking about trophy returning bullshit. This episode can finally shut them up for trying to come up with that conspiracy. Nevertheless, I still can't believed that Pikachu will defeat Tapu Koko.

Overall rating; A+

The animation was great last week but this week, the animation was just as great, if not better, especially the lighting during moves

Sad to Naganedel went down but at least it defeated Lucario so not a repeat of Goodra and Noivern

Was great to see Guardian of Alola used, loved the animation there

on the bright side, Naganedel won an official victory against Lucario! Unlike Goodra and Noivern. lol

Okay, now that was

I was actually close to tearing up because of just how good this episode was.

The animation, the action, the godlike performances of Rica Matsumoto and Ikue Otani... this was the ultimate cherry on top of this battle filled cake.

The only criticism I have is that Nagandel’s side of the fight ends a bit too early, but hey at least it can dance to the hills knowing that it isn’t a total jobber like “big and reliable” Noivern was.

Oh and Pikachu was so good here too. Another incredible victory in the book for the little mouse.

A fantastic ending to the Kukui/Ash battle and one of my favourites in the series.

Now I need a good ol’ lie down.

Choose your fetish.
The battle was nice, GOD IS DEAD, Satoshi literally became the top power of Alola.
I think Hala just died inside, seeing his primary deity like that.
Aww, the classmates crying, they love him after all. I hope we'll see them again.
Naganadel. Got. Jobbed.
You're talking about a pokémon with zero battle experience. If anything, they shouldn't last against Lucario.

All I have to say is this:

Ash not only won a Pokemon League but then proceeds to defeat a Guardian Deity. Poke-Friends, let this be a message to all of us that we must push forward with our goals in order to make our dreams a reality!

I know with only 2 months and some change left in 2019, I'm gonna work my butt off to reach some milestones on my to-do-list. A fantastic episode!

Honestly, I haven't been on the edge of my seat during a final matchup like this since Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile! I can't choose which one I loved more between that battle or Pikachu vs. Tapu Koko. Both demonstrated the powerful bond that Ash has with his Pokemon! I'm eager to watch with English subs though!

Sun and Moon has been a bumpy ride, but this full battle makes up for what I thought was a lackluster league.

A well earned victory for Ash and his team...well earned indeed!

You're talking about a pokémon with zero battle experience. If anything, they shouldn't last against Lucario.

You do realize that Naganadel can't have "zero" battle experience, because in order to evolve, it would've had to have trained at least until it learned Dragon Pulse, right?

You do realize that Naganadel can't have "zero" battle experience, because in order to evolve, it would've had to have trained at least until it learned Dragon Pulse, right?
Not in this show, no. They probably leveled up by free painting.

I’m not entirely happy about Tapu Koko interrupting the battle and forcing Kukui to... blah blah blah...

This was great. This episode really made Ash and Pikachu look strong, notice how Pikachh never really seemed in trouble until the the Z-Move clash? Ash kept such good momentum in this battle, while Kukui was still a powerful opponent!

Any fears that Ash’s league victory would be soured by an ultimate loss to Kukui were misplaced. What a fantastic feature-length battle!

I think I’ve a greater fondness for Sun and Moon than most, and it’s stuff like this which backs up that feeling.

Let's just hope the next series keeps this up cause hoo oooh, we don't another Best Wishes scenario to happen.

Naw, it wouldn't be another Best Wishes scenario; it would be worse. Imagine if Ash was totally reset after becoming the Alola League Champion and defeating a god. That would be absolutely mortifying.

Our boys did it, they beat what's effectively a champion from the games.
That part after the battle where Pikachu brings Ash his cap then rests on his arm/chest is adorable. :bulbaLove:

I had a feeling he'd win, partly because of the last preview--something about Koko's Z move appearance screams "here to lose but look impressive", and partly because Ash looking like he's going to beat Kukui then a Legendary jumps in and defeats him would feel incredibly cheap.

Let's just hope the next series keeps this up cause hoo oooh, we don't another Best Wishes scenario to happen.
Crossing my fingers here.

You know something? I just have to say this.

After the National Dex drama and that atrocious battle with Hau, I was just about ready to write off the Pokemon franchise for good, but I didn't. I decided to give it one last chance.

And not only did the Alola League just keep on getting better and better after Ash vs Hau, not only did Ash win the whole thing, but now he and Pikachu have beaten his foster father and Tapu Koko in what is now my favorite battle in the entire Pokemon anime.

Even if I do end up quitting this franchise (depending on how Gen 8 turns out)...I'm so glad I stuck around to witness this. It's simply magical.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom