• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM145: The Sun, the Moon, and Everyone's Dreams!

As if Lillie wasn't adorable enough

too bad we probably won't be seeing it in use again

Personally, I feel the exact opposite: I can't wait for that ridiculous plot device to be gone. All it did was make it seem like Ash is so bad at battling that the only way he could win is through a very conspicuous plot armor that inexplicably appeared whenever he got pushed to far into a corner, which made the victories he won thanks to it feel unearned and undeserved (not to mention that it would call his skills and abilities as a Pokémon Trainer into question). So that stupid piece of junk can burn in the Wela Volcano for all I care.

Just a couple of more cuteness overloads before the saga's over ;)

Go figure they finally get Magearna fixed when it's irrelevant.

Sorry Mohn, looks like you're just doomed to rot in Ultra Space! :p

This episode was pretty emotional for me. The part where Magearna finally woke up after many years of Lillie's dad trying to awake it ever since Lillie was a baby and finally awakening in this episode was so heartwarming and sweet to watch. I also love what Kiawe and the others are going to do on their upcoming vacation as well with their very own goals and what they are going to accomplish. During the end of the episode I also love Ash's decision of what is he going to do in the future traveling around the world and discovering and catching Pokemon along the way.

Overall Episode Rating: B

Last edited:
So, Satoshi is going to travel the world, Kaki is going to be the Island King, Mao is going to takeover Aina Cafeteria, Mamane is going to be an astronaut...Suiren and Lilie didn't get any real life goals, didn't they?
What exactly is that research business Suiren is talking about? Her father is a researcher now? So random.
Seriously, Lilie can't even accomplish her personal goal without her brother?
Obligatory obscure reference:
Mao: "Pan Paka Pan!"

Saki: "THAT'S PLAGIARISM!"

Huh there is another episode and the next series doesn't seem to be a reboot after all? That takes a lot of the pressure off of this one!!!

Lol at Ash dropping of school

One thing I can't fathom, however, is why the hell this episode had Satoshi battle with Lugarugan again instead of Gaogaen given this was probably our last chance to see him battle with it before it's dumped at the lab.
Budget and stock footage. The episode was already poorly animated with a number of off-model shots littered throughout. The battle served no real purpose other than a chance to reuse animtion. They didn't need to have a Z-Move-off for Olivia to put the idea in Ash's head.

As for the episode I liked the Magearna scene because it was a nice moment for Lillie in a series that has been largely devoid of nice moments for Lillie, but it just randomly waking up because she teared up once was rather anticlimactic and almost seems as a copout rushjob by the writers because they didn't get the Lillie, Gladion and Mohn special they were expecting. Naganadel leaving also came out of nowhere and the only reason this goodbye was better than the last one is because the last one was so rushed and empty.

Overall a very mediocre outing with only one standout bit which had its own underlying issues. I hope next week is better, which it fortunately looks like it might be.

So Ash is going to travel the world... because he clearly hasn't been doing that AT ALL these past few seasons. Am I the only one who rolled their eyes when they brought that up? If he were in the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh region, it probably wouldn't bother me (because they are close to each other). But he's been to Unova, Kalos and of course, Alola. He's traveling the world RIGHT NOW. IDK, the way they present it, as if it's such a novel concept, doesn't sit well with me.

So Ash is going to travel the world... because he clearly hasn't been doing that AT ALL these past few seasons. Am I the only one who rolled their eyes when they brought that up? If he were in the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh region, it probably wouldn't bother me (because they are close to each other). But he's been to Unova, Kalos and of course, Alola. He's traveling the world RIGHT NOW. IDK, the way they present it, as if it's such a novel concept, doesn't sit well with me.
I felt as if Ash didn't remember he's been travelling around the world for 20+ years, or at least as if he had never been to the other regions. Maybe it was just my head. Well, I know that Pokemon anime and continuity are not quite synonyms.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom