• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimikyu and Mareanie staying with Bewear? I kinda saw it coming. I wonder how Mareanie will get over her crush though.

I'm confused as to why Ash is leaving when he clearly doesn't want to. The only thing that could happen is that Kukui considers that he has nothing to learn after their battle so he "graduates" Ash by force.

I'm confused as to why Ash is leaving when he clearly doesn't want to. The only thing that could happen is that Kukui considers that he has nothing to learn after their battle so he "graduates" Ash by force.
Just a quick guess, but...
He just won some major victories--the Alola League then defeating Kukui and Tapu Koko. He's got momentum now, and it's been building for a while now. If he stops to stay at school it could burn out--he could stall again or even worse, fall backwards like in BW.
He doesn't want to leave all his friends at the school but for the sake of his dream he has to.

One problem I have is the summaries imply Ash is having trouble telling his classmates he's heading back home, how is this any different to other endings?

Ash wasn't just a traveler in Alola; he was a resident. It was like a second home to him, he became part of a community. So naturally, his connection to Alola is a bit more personal.

I really do wish they would bring Mimikyu and Mareanie with them as their journey continues, but leaving them with Bewear and Stufful is certainly better than actually giving them away to Giovanni like their Unova Pokemon.
Not that those forgettable mons really deserved anything better, to be honest.

I think a montage is inevitable given that one of the themes of the series is valuating the memories you create. It would be great if it was mixed with shots of what happened after to the characters though.

And what about Mallow fleeing her Shaymin? Will that happen or not?

If there is a montage I could see it being diegetic like a final presentation given at the school projected on a screen or something. Like Satoshi makes a "what did I learn before vacation" type thing and it's clips from various episodes. I can also see them using pretty much any of the openings but I think Mezase Pokemon Master 2017 has a real shot if PM19 is a reboot-- kind of like a final send-off for this Satoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom