• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not sure about whether or not all Ash's Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory will ever make their return as in the final episode from the Sun & Moon series. But we'll see, won't we? Yes? Okay, that's good.

We're not sure about whether or not all Ash's Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory will ever make their return as in the final episode from the Sun & Moon series. But we'll see, won't we? Yes? Okay, that's good.;)
Please stop with the winking you make me uncomfortable

Whether this episode is the last or the next one is, I'm pretty sad SM is ending. I'm ready for the next series to start, as I always am, but this is the first time in a long time that I'm also sad to see the current series end. Definitely a bittersweet feeling.

The title is interesting, because it says departures (multiple). I wonder if the other classmates are leaving Alola as well...? That's not something I was expecting, so that's got me intrigued.

I'll also be very curious to see if the Mohn arc is somehow resolved here, or if they save it for a special episode/off screen thing.

Although I too have had my gripes with S&M, I will be sad to see Ash's time in Alola come to an end. Here's hoping they give the season a good sendoff~

Also, "Respective Departures"... opfh, the literal-ness of that reading pains my soul. Something like "To Each Their Own Journey" reads much better as a translation. :bulbaWave:

Something I’ve realized is that Mohn doesn’t necessarily have to be in Alola. With how different the anime is from the games, I could see him being in one of the other regions. With that in mind, here’s a hot take; Mohn is sighted to be in Kanto somewhere, so Lillie travels with Ash back home at the end of the series. It’s a reference to the ending of the games where Lillie went to Kanto to help Lusamine feel better, except this time she’s going there to find Mohn.

The Mohn subplot, Lillie's ice stone, and the Shaymin subplot could all be continued into the next series. Since the next series isn't tied to any region or game, there's nothing stopping them advancing older character's stories in other regions. "Respective Departures" could also mean that Lillie and maybe a couple other characters will opt to travel with Ash to wherever he is going, effectively splitting the group.

Since this title has "Respective Departures" in it. I'm guessing the SM Companions are going to leave Alola and go somewhere else as well. It would also be a good excuse for the writers to not show them in the next series and bring up zero continuity.

Since this title has "Respective Departures" in it. I'm guessing the SM Companions are going to leave Alola and go somewhere else as well. It would also be a good excuse for the writers to not show them in the next series and bring up zero continuity.
I doubt ALL of them will leave. Kiawe, for example, has his farm to take care of.

So it's a goodbye two-parter instead of a single episode. Sightly better, but I still think it's not enough.

As for the Lillie plot, the thing that frustrates me the most is that Lillie have complete access to an organization that researches Ultra Holes, as well as many allies that can cross them (Solgaleo, Lunala and now Naganadel) yet the writers didn't use them because they had no idea of what to do with that plot. If they leave it as a "someday I'll find my father" moment I will be pissed.

Also, reposting my character destinies' predictions because Wynaut.

-Lana will surely move with the Seafolk.
-Mallow will stay at the restaurant, but her going to another region to learn about their cuisine isn't Farfetch'd.
-Lillie will either become an Aether Foundation volunteer or start a journey.
-Kiawe will stay at home, but he could go on a journey too.
-Sophocles will start a journey, or just go to the space center in Hoenn.

So it's a goodbye two-parter instead of a single episode. Sightly better, but I still think it's not enough.

As for the Lillie plot, the thing that frustrates me the most is that Lillie have complete access to an organization that researches Ultra Holes, as well as many allies that can cross them (Solgaleo, Lunala and now Naganadel) yet the writers didn't use them because they had no idea of what to do with that plot. If they leave it as a "someday I'll find my father" moment I will be pissed.

Also, reposting my character destinies' predictions because Wynaut.
Lusamine did say that they had a team searching for Mohn in either SM116 or 127. I think he's on Poke Pelago and that he'll suddely appear amnesiac in the last episode, and then we'd have a special about Lillie and Gladion trying to restore his memories through Zoroark and at the end Magearna

The Original Sun and Moon games did have Lillie leave for Kanto so something similar might happen here, set out on a proper Pokemon journey to build her confidence as to be fair, it has been far from great the whole series, plus she's only had Snowy

I'm glad that it is finally over. It got a little bit dull after the Lusamine plot was resolved because nothing was at stake anymore. In XY and DP I was more hyped because there were unresolved plots like the rivalry with Shinji/Paul or Team Flare that were tied up during the last few episodes.

SM resolved its biggest conflict too fast and too easily. If the Mohn plot would have been built up over time and integrated with the Lusamine plot at the very end of the series it would have felt completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom