• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll also throw my hat in the ring for the appearing Pokemon to be Ho-Oh. I suppose it could be Solgaleo, but Ho-Oh was my first thought, especially since the new series mentions "a certain encounter" for Ash. That could be a nice bridge between the two.

I'll also throw my hat in the ring for the appearing Pokemon to be Ho-Oh. I suppose it could be Solgaleo, but Ho-Oh was my first thought, especially since the new series mentions "a certain encounter" for Ash. That could be a nice bridge between the two.
I haven't actually seen that quote yet. Could you or someone else show it to me?

"A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling due to a certain encounter he had."

Ash has aimed to be the best since the show started and school life obviously hasn't changed that. He isn't just now going to realize that he wants to be the best.

"A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling due to a certain encounter he had."

Ash has aimed to be the best since the show started and school life obviously hasn't changed that. He isn't just now going to realize that he wants to be the best.
But I wonder what will change Ash. There has to change something

And so Ash decides to travel back to Kanto to win the Indego League he lost several years ago. Hopefully he will take Lillie who is interested in challenging gyms and growing independent.

But isn’t this the only time in the 20-something years of the anime that the TRio is actually financially stable with a constant food source and a successful job?

It’s actually the time which makes the least sense for TRio to have monetary issues
It wouldn't take too much to destabilise them though:
  1. Make them leave Alola ergo leave their current business venture, bear cave .etc
  2. Err, yeah, that's it.

You know it could actually be Tapu Koko and not Ho-Oh, now that I have re-read the summery.

Satoshi has made a huge decision about his future. However, he hasn't been able to tell the others at the Pokemon School. But then a Pokemon he remembers well appears before him......

By what it says in the summery, it seems like Ash already made a decision prior to the mystery Pokemon appearing. It may not seem like much, but that actually doesn't line up with his bio for the next series (of course, they could be taking liberties with it). Maybe Tapu Koku appears to give Ash encouragement to tell the others of his plans and maybe we just over thought things.

You know it could actually be Tapu Koko and not Ho-Oh, now that I have re-read the summery.

By what it says in the summery, it seems like Ash already made a decision prior to the mystery Pokemon appearing. It may not seem like much, but that actually doesn't line up with his bio for the next series (of course, they could be taking liberties with it). Maybe Tapu Koku appears to give Ash encouragement to tell the others of his plans and maybe we just over thought things.
Tapu Koko has been used as a plot mover so many times there would be no point in hiding its identity for this, tbh...

The "certain encounter he had" part of the blurb doesn't have anything to do with school life, though. Something tells me that the encounter described in the blurb and the one described for this episode are the same. It's not confirmed, but it's definitely not out of the question.

I'd be kind of annoyed if it was Tapu Koko, tbh. I feel like the battle concluded its connection with Ash throughout the series really nicely.

It does make the most sense for the mysterious Pokemon to be Ho-Oh, but as this show has proven multiple times-- especially over the past three years-- is what makes sense =/= what is most likely to happen. Yes, Satoshi encountering Ho-Oh and tying into the next series would make sense, be a great callback, etc but it could just as easily be a multitude of other Pokemon instead. Didn't we all think it was going to appear in SM020 based on summaries? I don't want to be the wet blanket here, I just don't want to be royally disappointed again.

As much as I'll miss the Rocket trio's current Pokemon it'll be worth it to finally see a proper send-off for one of their Pokemon in over a decade.

Except his decision is to return to Kanto and not what he'll do next, it doesn't seem like he actually planned his next move and has some of those post-win melancholies. Maybe meeting Ho-oh reignites his Pokemon Master drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom