• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine are leaving for.

That sunset episode is way too reminiscent of the first time Ash encountered Ho-oh, making its appearance more likely.

Also, I'm not ready for this...

(I think that'll ^ make a great cover for SM146's page.)

The summary only talks about a single special Pokémon, though, right?
It states "an encounter with a Pokemon he remembers" from the blurb for the next series. Solgaleo is too recent to fit those particular words and also because he was literally raised by Ash. Solgaleo is standing right behind Ash along with the others so it counts less as an encounter and more as a last minute visit, akin to that of Naganadel though on a shorter term.

Also, Ash is at the beach after he decides to travel the world but he's depressed about leaving so I doubt Solgaleo can do much to cheer him up (if anything, it'll make leaving harder). His symbol Legendary has always been Ho-oh and they both have wanderlust.

You really can tell that Kukui and Burnet were really Ash's second family. Heck, I would dare say that he had with those two a stronger bound than with any other character in the show, even with his own mother. A bit strange that they never made Ash's mother stay with him on Alola and made her a recurring character. That would have made a stronger between those two. Kinda shows me how unimportant Delia actually is for the anime. She is Ash's true mother, the only family he really has, and the writers never really cared much about their relationship.

But... I'm not complaining, this is a really heartwarming ending for the anime and much better handled than the others:

OS - it was emotional but during the while Johto arc I couldn't see Ash, Misty, and Brock as true friends since they hardly interacted with each other.
AG - Max was the only one that was sad for a short time, but the rest of the group handled the departure quite emotionless.
DP - Piplup, like Max, was the only one that was truly sad at the end, the humans took it really easy.
BW - the worst ending of a saga. No emotions, no tears. Shows me that the BW cast really felt nothing for each other,
XY - Once again a Pokémon felt the saddest about the departure and one that wasn't really that important anyway. Also, Serena's kiss at the end means nothing, since Ash had no big chemistry with her from beginning with.

S&M's ending really shows every character's emotions and how to deal with them. This shows me how strong this anime was in terms of human characters. Ash, for once had two persons that were for him like a father and a mother. Although he has actually a mother but she plays such a minor role in his life anyway, all of his companions have a last moment with each other, and even TR can get their bittersweet ending with Bewear.

The new upcoming anime in November has really shown to fill. After this, I can not go back to the more stiff Ash that can not really interact with human beings and can read their feelings. I hope that Gou will fill in the missing sibling role. Kukui was Ash's father, Burnet his mother, and now with Gou Ash will hopefully also have a brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom