• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Well here we are folks. After 4 years of Z-moves, Z-crystals, Z-things and countless Z puns I won't do unless I want to make myself guilty of turning into Samson Oak (who in his case good riddance), the Sun and Moon series has finally come to a close.
It's been quite a long ride - many controversies aroused, many tears were shred and Ash went above and beyond in the league (for the most part) but overall I think Sun & Moon has been (imo) a good series.
Terrible? No (but some episodes did steer or fall straight into that trap hole) Amazing entirely? No.
But they still managed to give us so many memorable moments throughout 2016 all the way to this year.

Obviously it isn't goodbye entirely since we know Ash (alongside Gou) will be returning every now and then in the next series but until that time comes, for the Alola region it's

Not the strongest of farewells in my opinion, which is a shame because Ash's friends and Team Rocket's Pokemon deserved more time; still, it was sad though-particularly the hug between Ash's adoptive parental figures. Still, it's crazy to believe it's over. It feels like it was yesterday that we were watching Ash arrive in Alola for the first time...

Also, did Mimikyu scare itself so badly it developed amnesia regarding its hatred for Pikachu? Or did I read that play of events wrong?

Also, did Mimikyu scare itself so badly it developed amnesia regarding its hatred for Pikachu? Or did I read that play of events wrong?

Looked to me like it saw its trueself in the reflection of the ocean and almost died causing Pikachu to save its life and Mimikyu to agree to a truce or something

To me, this felt too rushed

Tbh the saddest and moist poignant section for me was Mimikyu. They make a big song and dance about having to tell Hidoide they're leaving but Musashi thinks Mimikyu will be ok. It then goes off alone to fight Pikachu one last time and simply cuts out part way through the battle, sad and defeated. Nyasu finds it alone in the forest and has a little heart to heart, telling it to look forward or something.

That was when my tears started and tbh they haven't quite stopped...

I missed almost the entire episode except the final segment thanks to a power cut... did Ash just leave all his Alola Pokemon behind with Kukuil, wtf? And Rotom with Aether?
That's dreadful luck, but yes, he left his Alola crew with Kukui and Rotom got 'headhunted' by Aether.

Looked to me like it saw its trueself in the reflection of the ocean and almost died causing Pikachu to save its life and Mimikyu to agree to a truce or something

To me, this felt too rushed
Hmm, that's plausible too. And yes-it was heavily rushed, along with most of this episode. Honestly, cramming that Magearna plot into the last episodes was a poor decision. They really needed one more episode, or make this a two-parter, that focused on Ash & Team Rocket saying goodbye to their Alolan friends and Pokemon; apparently Ash left Rowlet and Lycanroc (and I'm assuming Incineroar and Melmetal) behind, but we got no scenes of the separation.

Very emotional episode. I think with subs it will be even more emotional..

I don't know how to feel about Ash leaving his Pokemon with Kukui, it probably doesn't matter anyway. Maybe he will see them again in Pocket Monsters. I loved how everyone's story wrapped up in this episode. I am glad to see Kukui and Burnet are creating their own Ash now :)

Thank You Sun and Moon for being a enjoyable series.

My thoughts during the watch:

Why is Naruto young again?
Sasaki out of nowhere!
I wasn't expecting that much TR focus
Finally a good conclusion to Mimikyu's rivalry!
Hidoide will have a terrible awakening...
At least Kojiro gave her the ring. A promise?
Disappointing lack of Ho-Oh.
Alola royal family is running away, leaving Rotom behind in charge.
BYE BYE ROTOM! I'll never miss you!
Gladio just blocked her sister's good bye to Satoshi. He's a terrible brother.
LILIE WHAT THE HELL! YOU HAD A THING FOR SATOSHI AFTER ALL!?
YOU'RE ON A SHIP! IT'S TOO LATE FOR A FINAL KISS!
Did Satoshi left Mokuroh behind?
Everyone is leaving! Mao: FOREVER ALONE!
Everyone just left Mao behind, just like her mother...
Unexpected pregnancy! But who's the father, Kukui or Royal Mask?
Burnet can have her own Satoshi junior now.
OMG AIKATSU!

Final verdict: VERY VERY RUSHED BUT GOOD

Emotional moments for me had to be Burnet hugging Lusamine before she left, her hug Ash as he prepared to leave

I am a bit annoyed that Ulu just so happened to find Gracedia flowers to allow Shaymin to leave, they could have dedicated a special to it or something

Way too quick and other Shaymin just happened to be nearby at that time

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom