• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM146: Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

I am seriously laughing right now: Torracats evolution was pointless.
Also: Why would Ash leave his Pokemon behind.

Is it going to be a reboot after all.
No, it's not going to be a reboot, the new series will be a continuation to the series.

Is it going to be a reboot after all.

The new series' premise is that Ash is traveling around the world and visiting all of the past regions.

Ash decides to travel the world after hearing Olivia's words of wisdom towards Kiawe in the previous episode of this series.

Yup, totally seems like a reboot. There's absolutely nothing pointing towards this being a continuation of the main continuity at all.

The new series' premise is that Ash is traveling around the world and visiting all of the past regions.

Ash decides to travel the world after hearing Olivia's words of wisdom towards Kiawe in the previous episode of this series.

Yup, totally seems like a reboot. There's absolutely nothing pointing towards this being a continuation of the main continuity at all.

Okay, good.

If I had to complain, and I don’t want too but I’d have liked to see more personal goodbyes between Ash and each of his Pokémon.

but this was a good finale... loads of lovely group shots! I think when an episode can make you feel personal attachments to characters, and make you genuinely sad when they leave- it has done good.

I’m pretty sure only Lycanroc and Rowlet stayed behind. It makes sense for Lycanroc due to him spending so much time with Kukui before Ash caught him, but I don’t know why Rowlet was left behind. This episode was pretty good overall. The only rushed part was Shaymin flying away, but besides that it was really good. Also, we better see Kukui and Burnet’s baby when Ash returns to Alola.

Certainly looks that way, this has to be the first confirmed pregnancy on Pokemon
For the anime but certainly

Still, considering how young most of this show's recurring characters, it's not that surprising (or bad) that we don't see much pregnancy.

The only really complain about this anime I have was how they treated Mallow as a character. She was really not needed for this anime and almost did nothing. She wasn't an awful character, like the rest she was quit likable, but couldn't over much to the table.

The only really complain about this anime I have was how they treated Mallow as a character. She was really not needed for this anime and almost did nothing. She wasn't an awful character, like the rest she was quit likable, but couldn't over much to the table.
I find it very interesting that your answer to undeveloped female characters is always ridding them, instead of developing them in a proper way.

I’m pretty sure only Lycanroc and Rowlet stayed behind. It makes sense for Lycanroc due to him spending so much time with Kukui before Ash caught him, but I don’t know why Rowlet was left behind. This episode was pretty good overall. The only rushed part was Shaymin flying away, but besides that it was really good. Also, we better see Kukui and Burnet’s baby when Ash returns to Alola.
No, If you see the scene where all of ash's friend say goodbye to him alongside the plane, you can see incineroar sitting on garchomp and melmetal on a freaking jetpack so yeah he left all of them with kukui which makes no sense

No, If you see the scene where all of ash's friend say goodbye to him alongside the plane, you can see incineroar sitting on garchomp and melmetal on a freaking jetpack so yeah he left all of them with kukui which makes no sense
Okay, now that's simply ridiculous. That has to be the worst kind of send off ever.

As long as Ash can call them back whenever he wants, I don’t mind. It’s the same thing as leaving them at Oak’s place.

On an unrelated note, it seems Ash might’ve gone to Ultra Space offscreen, so unless it’s the same world as in the Aether arc, that’s pretty bad.

Okay, now that's simply ridiculous. That has to be the worst kind of send off ever.
Yeah they should have gone to Oak's . I know its kind of a retirement home but still they would be all of ash's other pokemon and ash can see them when he visits pallet town. God knows when will we melmetal,rowlet, lycanroc and incineroar again now. Rotom should have also gone with ash and then turned into rotom phone. Coz we know ash will have rotom phone so why a new rotom, this rotom is one we like

As long as Ash can call them back whenever he wants, I don’t mind. It’s the same thing as leaving them at Oak’s place.

On an unrelated note, it seems Ash might’ve gone to Ultra Space offscreen, so unless it’s the same world as in the Aether arc, that’s pretty bad.
How does it seem that ash went to ultra space?

Haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet (just pictures) but does anyone have a clue what the kinda ominous looking place they're looking at is supposed to be?

521.jpg

It seems like this could be the place where Mohn is supposedly at and where the Aether family is going to on that ship but I'm not sure.

Also, I'd much rather would have liked it if they had actually found Mohn during SM's run and Lillie just went out on a journey all on her own in this episode, but eh.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom