• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Smeargle vs. Stantler

Smeargle or Stantler?

• Smeargle, dude!

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Stantler, bro!

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • I don't care man!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Ultra Pidgeot

good cyberdaddy
Reaction score
Spr_4h_235.png
vs.
Spr_4h_234.png

Today's entry in my Contest-For-Every-WeekDay-Challenge! is between two Generation II one-stage Normal Type Pokémon, Smeargle and Stantler. Who'd win in terms of...

Looks?

Battling?

All Around Coolness?

Goin' with Smeargle, as it can learn every single move ever.

Noctis

Darkness
Reaction score
Smeargle. Sketch is a unique attack and it's also a useful attack.

Arc Blader

back to the start
Reaction score
Smeargle is arguably the greatest Baton Passer ever. Stantler trumps it in terms of design, but that's it.

Opossumguy

Some say I'm part opossum
Reaction score
I felt sorry for Stantler, so I voted for him. That, and I really enjoy Stantler to be honest.

EpicScizor

Nuzlocke Challenger
Reaction score
I went with Stantler because although Smeargle has the Sketch attack(which is cool), Stantler just looks better and I like him better.

Ground Control

Non-perverted Lopunny fan
Reaction score
Stantler's a majestic, brave, and beautiful Pokemon. It's a shame he's such an average Pokemon, too. I always thought he looked neat.

Noivern

Noivern noi!
Reaction score
Smeargle. Sketch will do it a lot of good. When you have the largest possible moveset, well... what's not to like?

Snoozle

CurseLax of Bulbagarden
Reaction score
Smeargle is useful for a variety of reasons, whereas Stantler is just fairly useless all-around.

Tripleton

Aurora
Reaction score
Smeargle can learn any move through the use of Sketch. So, basically, if it were against Stantler, it would be a tie.

Ghost

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
I much prefer Stantler's design.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Smeargle, as while it has horrid stats, it makes up for them with its huge movepool. Stantler is pretty ugly and boring.

Reaction score
Stantler for me as well, I quite like his cute and derpy looking design. While I do like Smeargle somewhat, I don't think I've ever used him before compared to Stantler, so another point to him in that at least I've used him on a team for a bit.