• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Smeargle vs. Stantler

Ultra Pidgeot

good cyberdaddy
Reaction score
Spr_4h_235.png
vs.
Spr_4h_234.png

Today's entry in my Contest-For-Every-WeekDay-Challenge! is between two Generation II one-stage Normal Type Pokémon, Smeargle and Stantler. Who'd win in terms of...

Looks?

Battling?

All Around Coolness?

Goin' with Smeargle, as it can learn every single move ever.

Smeargle. Sketch is a unique attack and it's also a useful attack.

Smeargle is arguably the greatest Baton Passer ever. Stantler trumps it in terms of design, but that's it.

I felt sorry for Stantler, so I voted for him. That, and I really enjoy Stantler to be honest.

I went with Stantler because although Smeargle has the Sketch attack(which is cool), Stantler just looks better and I like him better.

Stantler's a majestic, brave, and beautiful Pokemon. It's a shame he's such an average Pokemon, too. I always thought he looked neat.

Smeargle. Sketch will do it a lot of good. When you have the largest possible moveset, well... what's not to like?

Smeargle is useful for a variety of reasons, whereas Stantler is just fairly useless all-around.

Smeargle can learn any move through the use of Sketch. So, basically, if it were against Stantler, it would be a tie.

I much prefer Stantler's design.

Smeargle, as while it has horrid stats, it makes up for them with its huge movepool. Stantler is pretty ugly and boring.

Stantler for me as well, I quite like his cute and derpy looking design. While I do like Smeargle somewhat, I don't think I've ever used him before compared to Stantler, so another point to him in that at least I've used him on a team for a bit.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom