1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.

Smugleaf's Arty Things!

Discussion in 'Art Gallery' started by ~Smugleaf~, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ~Smugleaf~

~Smugleaf~ Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    So after many hours of thinking, I decided to create a thread to show of my drawings. I'm not very confident in my skills, so I'm a tad nervous about this. Haha
    Anyway I'll be sharing old and new art, Pokémon-related and non-Pokémon related.

I'll start of with some of my newer stuff. So, recently I (accidentally) came up with a new art style, and I quite like doing it. It's a lot more vibrant than previous styles of mine, and each drawing makes use of one main colour. It's hard to explain, so I'll just show you the drawings I've done in this style so far~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another style I like drawing in, though I haven't used it much. I will probably draw in it more in the future though, mostly when drawing semi-realistic animals like the ones I'm about to show you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also drew a dog/rooster hybrid in this style, but I got lazy and didn't finish it. If I ever finish it in the future I promise to upload it.

Here are some Fakemon I've designed recently. Most of these I'm going to link from my (now inactive) Pokecharms account, which I used to put most of my old art onto.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A while back on my old (now deactivated) deviantArt account 'ShardtheRaikou98/Pyroaura98' I used to create a load of fake mega Pokémon. I remember them being really popular, but I ended up quitting the site due to the awful stuff I experienced on there. Anyway, I haven't created a Mega Evolution in almost 2 years, so most of these are old (and cringy). They even have my old Virizion signature thingy that I haven't used in forever. Haha. Some are even from my Pyroaura98 days and you may have seen them floating around the web before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've got many more, but these are my personal favourites.

I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll end off with some random drawings that don't belong in any of the above categories.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (NOTE: The last one is supposed to have a transparent background. Something has happened to it when I uploaded it onto Imgur).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Rainbow Cloud

Rainbow Cloud Princess of Friendship

Blog Posts:
    Wow, your drawings are are beautiful and detailed, I love all your styles :)

3. noworry

noworry I like cake Art Director

Blog Posts:
    Your work is absolutely beautiful. I especially love the shading. The mega evolutions also look great, despite being older, and I like how you mimiced Ken Sugimori's art style. It's a lot harder than it looks, but you've done it really well. I also like the designs you've made for them.

I do know the feeling of not being confident in your skills, but this is really amazing :D

~Smugleaf~ likes this.
  4. Moon Umbreon

Moon Umbreon Beta Moonlight Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    Nice! ;)

~Smugleaf~ likes this.
  5. Soki

Soki Beep Boop Former Art Director

Blog Posts:
    Wow your art is amazing! I love the details and the shading. I'm especially a fan of Mega Milotic, that's the best fandesign I've seen for it so far. And that dragon headshot is awesome, that's one beautiful dragon.

~Smugleaf~ likes this.
  6. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback everyone. It means a lot to me, and I'm glad you all like my art, even though I sometimes feel unconfident in my drawing ability ^^.

I drew this Litten today. Originally it was going to look similar in style to my Chupacabra and Dragon artworks, but I ended up adding a lot more detail to the shading than necessary. Haha.
    The colouring is supposed to mimic a sort of 'pop-art style', so it isn't 100% accurate to Littens actual colouring. Anyway, here is the artwork~
    [​IMG]
    I hope everyone likes it!

7. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    I haven't been drawing as much lately, bit I did do this today.
    My sister got me obsessed with this really, really weird and disturbing Japanese children's show called Popee the Performer, so I drew Kedamono, my favourite character from the show.
    NOTE: The colouring on his shorts is slightly off. The stars are supposed to be yellow, but I got lazy and didn't fix them. Anywho.
    [​IMG]

Also to keep this post at least slightly Pokémon-related, here is another Fakemon of mine.
    [​IMG]

8. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    I haven't many Pokémon-related things lately. Well, with the exception of my Xmas Jolteon avatar, that is.
    Originally it was going to be colourless, but later changed that because I thought it looked too bland.
    I tried going for a Disney-esque style for this one, and I quite like how it turned out!
    [​IMG]

Here are a few other artworks I've done (including some older ones from 2016), because I feel like showing off one artwork isn't enough

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jared DiCarlo, Soki, Max1996 and 3 others like this.
  9. Soki

Blog Posts:
    That Christmas Golisopod, I love it :X3:

~Smugleaf~ likes this.
  10. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Done this rough fakemon drawing yesterday. It's a design I've had for a while, but this is the first half decent artwork I've done of it.
    This Fakemon is called Metile and it is pure Steel type, and is supposed to resemble a Metalhead :p It loves listening to fast and aggressive music, especially while battling.
    [​IMG]

11. Soki

Blog Posts:
    *calls GameFreak*
    *points at Metile*

I want this, make it so.

Seriously though, I absolutely love that little critter, I need it.

12. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Drew this Lucario OC today. Her name is Rika!
    [​IMG]

Soki, Moon Umbreon, Max1996 and 2 others like this.
  13. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Virizion❤
    [​IMG]

Oh, and you know those Fakemon starters I featured in my first post. Well, I done the evolution line to Frogler, the Grass type starter. It's evolutions are called Faunewt, and Salamaunna, and are both Grass/Fairy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rainbow Cloud and Moon Umbreon like this.
  14. Max1996

Max1996 Blue Eon Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    The Fakemon line looks amazingly drawn.

15. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Got some more stuff to show you all. None of these works are Pokemon-related, so I hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]
    Come up with this design yesterday, and I actually quite like it. Took about 1 and a half to two hours to complete. Drawn on Sketchbook Pro on my mobile (like 90% of my works).
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea what this is. All I know is that I came up with the design years ago in school sometime and I only just decided to do a decent drawing of it.
    Also drawn on my phone in Sketchbook.
    [​IMG]
    A pen sketch of some random creature I made up on the spot. Not my best sketch, and then anatomy is is bit off, but eh. Drawn in one of my many sketchbooks. Took about 10-15 mins.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Rainbow Cloud and noworry like this.
  16. noworry

noworry I like cake Art Director

Blog Posts:
    I really love the way you draw lineart. It lt looks very detailed and goes really well with the shading :)

~Smugleaf~ likes this.
  17. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Not Pokémon related, but I drew this thing today, and I think it came out pretty decent.

[​IMG]

noworry and Rainbow Cloud like this.
  18. Deebe

Deebe 8-bit Colored

Blog Posts:
    this is amazing im gonna cry

19. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Done this dragon today. Took around 2 hours.
    [​IMG]

Rainbow Cloud and noworry like this.
  20. ~Smugleaf~

Blog Posts:
    Done a drawing of my favourite fire kitty today!

[​IMG]
    Also done this rough chibi Incineroar headshot today. I'll probably use it in my signature in the future.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.