• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Snivy vs Tepig vs Oshawott

Re: Tsutarja vs. Pokabu vs. Mijumaru

Mijumaru, because he got the most hate by others, so I had to choose the Water starter again. Now that he received more love, I am happy!

I chose Pokabu because Mijumaru look like a weirdo and it has a type advantage against Tsutarja.

Tsutarja. I was first thinking of choosing Pokabu, but when I saw its evos, no thanks.

I don't know why but i choose mijumaru.

Tsutarja. Since there's nothing other than looks to base my decision off now, I'm going with him as he looks the best.

But I also love Pokabu. He's so huggable and full of joy! C'MON! POKABU NEEDS DA LOVE!

Tsutarja, which means "Snivy" in english. I like him better because I am going to choose Snivy as my starter pokemon.

Snivy is my favorite thanks to it's design , attitude and I like Ash's Snivy .

Mijumaru is awesome. When he is fully evolved, he's a sick samuraii otter thing. pokabu has crappy defenses and could easily be pwned by mijumaru. Also it's O.D. slow. Tsutaaja is fast, has good defenses but lacks attack, so I say mijumaru all the way.

White fc- Kai- 5157-2904-2487

Oshwottt is the weakest Unova starter , it also has the lowest stats of all Water starters.

Mijumaru is awesome. When he is fully evolved, he's a sick samuraii otter thing. pokabu has crappy defenses and could easily be pwned by mijumaru. Also it's O.D. slow. Tsutaaja is fast, has good defenses but lacks attack, so I say mijumaru all the way.

White fc- Kai- 5157-2904-2487

Unfortunately, you're a bit wrong on the Oshawott stats portion.

It has good Special Attack, but its movepool is about 70% Physical Attack(Treecko , Piplup and Cyndaquil face problem's like this as well), and of that, maybe 6 moves are desirable. And its only counter-type moves are Ice Beam, Blizzard, and Dig, two of which are a given, and its lack of Earthquake makes it a discernibly unfavorable choice to combat Electric-types.

It has incredibly low Speed, slower than Blastoise, so it will never be a sweeper, is begging to be revenge-killed by anything that resists Water, plus it gets walled by Blissey, Nattorei, Celebi , Empoleon, Vaporeon, Skarmory, and Gyarados...pretty much anything you'd see in competitive battle.

Of course, I use only Pokémon I like anyway, but knowing their battle worth is pretty important.

In addition to that, Oshawott only gets Shell Armor from the Dream World, which is pretty useless in comparison to Snivy's Contrary, which reverses side effects, so using Leaf Storm will increase its Special Attack instead of decreasing it. Tepig gets Think Fat, which is kind of useless.

Note that Tepig's Flame Charge makes up for his slow speed and has a lot of HP to make it a bulky Pokemon , Oshawott on the other hand , has no speed booster , therefore rendering it as the weakest Unova starter. So Oshawott's weaknest point(Sp.def and speed) can't be boosted.

You're wrong , Oshawott loses.

The secret is hidden somewhere around my avatar. But beware, only the chosen ones can uncover the answer.

Ooh oh I know Tsutarja :-D It's Mijumaru coz you need one to battle Dento, right? jk

As for me: Oshawott, becuase I just really like Sea Otters :)

Snivy (Tsutaaja) all the way! With it's amazing speed and great attack, nothing stands in it's way! Trust me. I used one.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom