• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Snivy vs Tepig vs Oshawott

Snivy because Serperior looks amazing. I am in love with its design!

By first forms alone, I was tempted towards Snivy, but I've grown a liking of Oshawott. Oh, and it sounds like a two year-old trying to say 'ocelot'. It has its charm...

Already have White and I plan to get Black and later Grey so i'll have all 3 starters. 1 ultimate version and 2 others that I can restart whenever I wanna try something new. Personally, I prefer Oshawott myself.

Oshawott/Mijumaru cause they(its evolutions) are good HMSlaves (Surf,Dive,Waterfall and Strenght)plus they look awesome :ksmile:

snivy is a little green snake... that evolves into a big green snake

i love and work with snakes (and crocs and lizzards)

Hmmm, toughie. I'd have to say Tepig in it's first form, Oshawott's second form, and Snivy's third form. Cute little fire pig > Ninja otter > Giant regal serpent. Though they're all pretty cool :D

Tepig is my favorite generation V Pokémon, so the choice is not hard. It's so cute. <3

Snivy. I LOVE snakes, and it reminds me of an Emerald Tree Boa, one of my favorites. It has such a regal and pompous look that I adore, and I like that it has a French aristocrat look to it too! Snivy's line was the first and only grass starter I picked, but it was so worth it- definitely one of the coolest and best designed pokemon.

I love all the starters this time around, though.

Oshawott. It has the HMs you can use to fight, and it's so adorable (especially Ash's)

In their current forms, as they're listed, I'd have to say that I like Snivy the most based on his design. Battle-wise, they're all fairly even from my experience, with the Snivy line having, perhaps, a slight lead.

If we are allowed to use their evolutions in our evaluations, the samurai otter has my vote all the way, though.

Looks? The pig.
Typing? The little sea lion.
Suitable for my battle style? Piggy.
Moves? Osha. Night slash and water techniques <3

Overall: Heeeere piggy piggy piggy.

And the last place goes to...Grass snake...
I honestly think I would like it bit more, but the fandom has killed it for me...

Snivy is a winner for me.

Reasons why:
a) It's grass type, hence the least favorable starter type (questionable in some cases)
b) It's smug-looking
c) Very cute as well
d) Awesome evolutions.. Without a doubt
e) Not embarassing.......

Sorry Tepig and Oshawott.

Guess what I chose?

Yes, Snivy

Why you say? Awesome evolutions.

Last edited:
I like tsutaja~
Because! It's so calm and collected. (It's kind of like a new version of treecko???)
It's too cool for legs when it evolves into Serperior.

Like an inverse tadpole.

I'd say Snivy, because it's a Grass type, i always picked Grass types first in each generation games.

Oshawott, because I like Samurott's design and movepool. Snivy is good, but you can't get one with Contrary as your starter.Tepig...I like Emboar better than the rest of Fire/Fighting starters, but it's too slow.

Tepig's my choice. I find its colour scheme to be really remarkable and I like a lot its HP stat, which is unusually high for a starter. I'm also particularly addicted to Emboar's sorcerer-ish patterns and overall figure.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom