• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Snowpoint Academy OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottish Hacktivist.
Reaction score
@Ananfal Your last post in the RP made me double check the Sign up thread, that literally shock me.

I'm loving this thing a lot.

Considered Dark until proven otherwise.
Reaction score
@Ananfal Your last post in the RP made me double check the Sign up thread, that literally shock me.

I'm loving this thing a lot.
Thanks! >.< I'm glad that you're enjoying this as much as I am! I guess no one else noticed that I was using they/them pronouns for Clarisse the whole time? It's why I was a bit confused that they got roomed with the girls instead of solo but I guess it just adds more drama!

Scottish Hacktivist.
Reaction score
Thanks! >.< I'm glad that you're enjoying this as much as I am! I guess no one else noticed that I was using they/them pronouns for Clarisse the whole time? It's why I was a bit confused that they got roomed with the girls instead of solo but I guess it just adds more drama!
Well maybe you could reveal Clarrise's actual gender, and evoke a reason why they are gender fluid? Just my idea.

the kid leader
Reaction score
Actual gender, as in the biological aspect? I mean, no offense, but presenting gender tends to be more complicated than that, haha.

Reaction score
I agree with Max, but if you're asking what gender they were assigned at birth, then that would be female. Their birth name was Clara, but they changed it to Clarisse after they figured out that they felt more comfortable with a gender neutral name. (It's still a bit feminine but they needed something at least similar to their birth name so that they could respond to it.)

Scottish Hacktivist.
Reaction score
Actual gender, as in the biological aspect? I mean, no offense, but presenting gender tends to be more complicated than that, haha.
I agree with Max, but if you're asking what gender they were assigned at birth, then that would be female. Their birth name was Clara, but they changed it to Clarisse after they figured out that they felt more comfortable with a gender neutral name. (It's still a bit feminine but they needed something at least similar to their birth name so that they could respond to it.)
Yeah, I never really wrote characters like that before. Or, in fact know transgender or gender-fluid people. So I kind delve into territory I didn't know about. I've done stupider stuff before, so it's not the first time.

Reaction score
Yeah, I never really wrote characters like that before. Or, in fact know transgender or gender-fluid people. So I kind delve into territory I didn't know about. I've done stupider stuff before, so it's not the first time.
That's alright, as long as you're willing to listen and keep an open mind. :) It'll probably get explored some within the RP if people ask Clarisse about it, so you can learn some stuff there. Or if you're curious, ask me any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.

Scottish Hacktivist.
Reaction score
That's alright, as long as you're willing to listen and keep an open mind. :) It'll probably get explored some within the RP if people ask Clarisse about it, so you can learn some stuff there. Or if you're curious, ask me any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.
The biggest question is......Like literally all of our characters are shy....Will are characters delve into knowing each other more then just their names? I mean there is only one person to break Axel's shell and she is only mention in his backstory.

Reaction score
The biggest question is......Like literally all of our characters are shy....Will are characters delve into knowing each other more then just their names?
I'd guess that the teachers will definitely influence it, I mean, for most real people, coming to a new school is extremely nerve-wracking, so the teachers try to break their shells, to allow them to open up to other kids, so on, so forth. Or even other students could do it, for example, I'm 100% sure that Daniel will make Daniel feel much more comfortable, simply by living together.

EDIT: I'm looking at you, people with teachers!

Reaction score
Clarisse isn't exactly shy, just a bit standoffish and quiet. They don't like a lot of people but they hate misunderstandings and ignorance more. If anyone asks them a question, they're going to answer it as best they can, just so that they don't have to repeat themselves again.

Gobble Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
Mine aren't shy. Nagato might end up awkward but neither are shy.

@Ananfal i actually notice the use of they and them. I just thought it was a writing tic because you did use she in your last post. I didn't know about your character until I rechecked the su. I was so confused for a moment. But I think it's going to be fun wth Florina. She's going to be so ignorant, but will learn and grow out of that

Reaction score
Mine aren't shy. Nagato might end up awkward but neither are shy.

@Ananfal i actually notice the use of they and them. I just thought it was a writing tic because you did use she in your last post. I didn't know about your character until I rechecked the su. I was so confused for a moment. But I think it's going to be fun wth Florina. She's going to be so ignorant, but will learn and grow out of that
The 'she' I used in my last post was probably referring to my Horsea, who is a female, and who I will be narrating actions for as though she was an actual character. I'll try to refer to her as Mazu more often, and make it very clear who my pronouns are referring to in the future.

EDIT: I did indeed refer to Clarisse as a she, I stand corrected! I edited it, and I'll try to keep an eye out in the future. Thanks for catching that!

the kid leader
Reaction score
As a transgender male myself, I do have to agree with Ana on this - as long as you're willing to keep an open mind and whatnot, that's definitely okay. We're all here to have fun, so something as trivial as a little lack of knowledge isn't going to hurt anyone. I'm also open to answering questions, because I know concepts like gender ambiguity can be difficult to get a proper read on from experience. :)

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
Okay, once everyone gets settled in I'll get the next day started (and get the new student into the rp). :)

Reaction score
@Warrior of Fire

You can start by going to your dorm (It will be just you for the time being), and your starter will be... Tepig.

This is the Monado's power!
Reaction score
Personally, I would have preferred Chimchar, but I do like the Tepig line, so no complaints.

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Well, the starters were all RNG'd anyway. No-one had any say. Not that I'm complaining about Squirtle though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the RNG. I'm just glad I didn't get saddled with Durant. Hate those things.

Reaction score
Now I ain't that mean. Though I did consider heatmor.

Reaction score
Heatmor I wouldn't have minded, either. It's really just Durant that I truly despise.

Now, how should I start? I have read the whole main thread, so I am caught up on where everything is.

Status
Not open for further replies.