• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Snowpoint Academy OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ananfal Your last post in the RP made me double check the Sign up thread, that literally shock me.

I'm loving this thing a lot.
Thanks! >.< I'm glad that you're enjoying this as much as I am! I guess no one else noticed that I was using they/them pronouns for Clarisse the whole time? It's why I was a bit confused that they got roomed with the girls instead of solo but I guess it just adds more drama!

Thanks! >.< I'm glad that you're enjoying this as much as I am! I guess no one else noticed that I was using they/them pronouns for Clarisse the whole time? It's why I was a bit confused that they got roomed with the girls instead of solo but I guess it just adds more drama!
Well maybe you could reveal Clarrise's actual gender, and evoke a reason why they are gender fluid? Just my idea.

Actual gender, as in the biological aspect? I mean, no offense, but presenting gender tends to be more complicated than that, haha.

I agree with Max, but if you're asking what gender they were assigned at birth, then that would be female. Their birth name was Clara, but they changed it to Clarisse after they figured out that they felt more comfortable with a gender neutral name. (It's still a bit feminine but they needed something at least similar to their birth name so that they could respond to it.)

Actual gender, as in the biological aspect? I mean, no offense, but presenting gender tends to be more complicated than that, haha.
I agree with Max, but if you're asking what gender they were assigned at birth, then that would be female. Their birth name was Clara, but they changed it to Clarisse after they figured out that they felt more comfortable with a gender neutral name. (It's still a bit feminine but they needed something at least similar to their birth name so that they could respond to it.)
Yeah, I never really wrote characters like that before. Or, in fact know transgender or gender-fluid people. So I kind delve into territory I didn't know about. I've done stupider stuff before, so it's not the first time.

Yeah, I never really wrote characters like that before. Or, in fact know transgender or gender-fluid people. So I kind delve into territory I didn't know about. I've done stupider stuff before, so it's not the first time.
That's alright, as long as you're willing to listen and keep an open mind. :) It'll probably get explored some within the RP if people ask Clarisse about it, so you can learn some stuff there. Or if you're curious, ask me any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.

That's alright, as long as you're willing to listen and keep an open mind. :) It'll probably get explored some within the RP if people ask Clarisse about it, so you can learn some stuff there. Or if you're curious, ask me any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them.
The biggest question is......Like literally all of our characters are shy....Will are characters delve into knowing each other more then just their names? I mean there is only one person to break Axel's shell and she is only mention in his backstory.

The biggest question is......Like literally all of our characters are shy....Will are characters delve into knowing each other more then just their names?

I'd guess that the teachers will definitely influence it, I mean, for most real people, coming to a new school is extremely nerve-wracking, so the teachers try to break their shells, to allow them to open up to other kids, so on, so forth. Or even other students could do it, for example, I'm 100% sure that Daniel will make Daniel feel much more comfortable, simply by living together.

EDIT: I'm looking at you, people with teachers!

Clarisse isn't exactly shy, just a bit standoffish and quiet. They don't like a lot of people but they hate misunderstandings and ignorance more. If anyone asks them a question, they're going to answer it as best they can, just so that they don't have to repeat themselves again.

Mine aren't shy. Nagato might end up awkward but neither are shy.

@Ananfal i actually notice the use of they and them. I just thought it was a writing tic because you did use she in your last post. I didn't know about your character until I rechecked the su. I was so confused for a moment. But I think it's going to be fun wth Florina. She's going to be so ignorant, but will learn and grow out of that

Mine aren't shy. Nagato might end up awkward but neither are shy.

@Ananfal i actually notice the use of they and them. I just thought it was a writing tic because you did use she in your last post. I didn't know about your character until I rechecked the su. I was so confused for a moment. But I think it's going to be fun wth Florina. She's going to be so ignorant, but will learn and grow out of that
The 'she' I used in my last post was probably referring to my Horsea, who is a female, and who I will be narrating actions for as though she was an actual character. I'll try to refer to her as Mazu more often, and make it very clear who my pronouns are referring to in the future.

EDIT: I did indeed refer to Clarisse as a she, I stand corrected! I edited it, and I'll try to keep an eye out in the future. Thanks for catching that!

As a transgender male myself, I do have to agree with Ana on this - as long as you're willing to keep an open mind and whatnot, that's definitely okay. We're all here to have fun, so something as trivial as a little lack of knowledge isn't going to hurt anyone. I'm also open to answering questions, because I know concepts like gender ambiguity can be difficult to get a proper read on from experience. :)

Okay, once everyone gets settled in I'll get the next day started (and get the new student into the rp). :)

@Warrior of Fire

You can start by going to your dorm (It will be just you for the time being), and your starter will be... Tepig.

Personally, I would have preferred Chimchar, but I do like the Tepig line, so no complaints.

Yeah, I know about the RNG. I'm just glad I didn't get saddled with Durant. Hate those things.

Now I ain't that mean. Though I did consider heatmor.

Heatmor I wouldn't have minded, either. It's really just Durant that I truly despise.

Now, how should I start? I have read the whole main thread, so I am caught up on where everything is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom