• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Snowpoint Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel was the next to make his way into the auditorium. He had to admit the place looked great, but he was way too cold to care. This was a far sight from the sunny beaches of Alola, he'd definitely have to get used to this.
He looked around for where to sit, and saw a bunch of other kids around his age, probably the other first years. Why not, he'd be seeing a lot of them anyway. He went and sat down with the others. He didn't say anything though. He figured if they wanted to talk then they would.

Nadia sat in a chair behind the stage in the auditorium. She was doing some light reading. The chapter How To Deal With Morons caught her eye, and she couldn't resist making a jab. "Hey, Dee, I found some good advice about you."

@Rocket Queen

After days of traveling in planes and buses Tahlia had finally arrived. Her entrance was pretty late from what she noticed, courtsey of her bus malfunctioning on the way and her having to hike the rest of the way through the snow. As thus, she was in full winter gear, wearing a fluffy winter jacket with matching pants, a scarf, gloves, a beanie to keep her hair in (as best as she could) and even a pair of goggles which were completely surrounded by snow.

The girl glanced around the halls as she walked inside, her body shivering underneath all the layers of clothing as she tried her best to take in the atmosphere. After years of insisting and convincing her grandparents to let her attend she had finally arrived, arrived at the starting line to her trainer career.

"Where do I even go again?" she muttered to herself, shuffling to take her gloves off and bring out the map of the school she was keeping. It was pretty wet from the snow, but it was at least still readable. "Auditorium huh..." she said as she turned and began walking towards the direction of the auditorium.

Now that she was on her way there she began to feel more nervous, everyone there were probably people who had a dream or something they wanted to accomplish, or maybe they were just talented. She on her end had no idea if she had any kind of talent for Pokemon Training, with the only thing keeping her going being her desire to be like her mom and her idols. Well, she could just worry about that later.

Finally she made it into the auditorium, letting out an audible sigh as she began to immediately get rid of her cap, letting her hair loose, goggles, scarf and jacket. She sighed once more, this time in relief as she took in the atmosphere. "Finally here!" she called out, only to turn towards the crowd of students and teachers around her.

She immediately turned away from them, gathering the garments she had dropped on the floor before making her way towards a free seat, trying her best to hide her embarassment while shivering from the cold still running through her body.

Last edited:
"Maybe you can make a frame around the picture of the smells. Like if it's apples then a frame of apples," Florina suggested. She thought the idea was pretty good and it would look cute. Assuming it wasn't trash or something.

"I think I would be fine with anything. My mother breeds some so there are those I would know really well. But of course a new one I have no experience with would be great. Each species is so magnificent and different. I really just want to learn about them all."

Axel continue to sketch out the auditorium to pass the time. As more and more students arrive, he still continue drawing, becoming more and more detailed. He was spaced out in his own world and thoughts, it's not like anyone will get him out of it easily.

'Wonder what kind of Pokemon I'll get,' he thought to himself as he erase a small mistake. 'I wouldn't mind one back from Unova, but from any region would do. Maybe an Eevee; if that Pokemon was my partner we could evolve it into Glaceon if the Eevee wanted right nearby.'

Alexis just kept to herself as she looked down at her boots.

A woman with crimson curls and dark brown eyes made her way to the auditorium. She smiled as she saw V and Mina.

"Hello V," she greeted, "Hello, Mina. Are you ready to get this year started?"

Tahlia looked around at the crowd, impatiently waiting for the ceremony or whatever they were doing to begin. After all she had to travel she just wanted to get to her room and warm up a bit. She turned to the person next to her, noticing she actually seemed bothered by the crowd. "Isn't this exciting?" she said to Clarisse in an attempt to break the ice.

Above the Academy, flying through the almost constantly falling snow, the sounds of metal blades slicing through the air could be heard. The helicopter came down, closer and closer to the Academy, and, outside the front door, a rope ladder could be visible, right in front of the front door.

Heir to the Tremblay fortune, Daniel Tremblay, slowly and carefully climbed down the rope ladder. Shivering in the cold of northern Sinnoh, even through his thick woolen sweater, he trudged through the cold, wet snow between him and the door. He looked up and down at the grandiose architecture of this building, the one where he'd be living for a while. Daniel sighed, dismissing the magnificent building like he does every building he enters.

Pushing open the pure white doors, the pale, icy blue reflected all across the halls, and gave everything inside, including Daniel, a blue glow that matched his eyes. He ran his hand through his wet hair, as small flakes of snow fell out.

Daniel could not stop moving his hands, and he literally heard his blood flowing through his head, too fast. His eyes rushed all around the entire room, desperately searching for where to go. He looked everywhere he can for a sign to the auditorium. Finally, after what felt like an hour of looking, (but in reality, was simply 5 minutes), he found the entrance to the auditorium, and meekly entered through the doorway, trying to find a seat as far from anyone as possible, so, of course, in the back row.

Tahlia looked around at the crowd, impatiently waiting for the ceremony or whatever they were doing to begin. After all she had to travel she just wanted to get to her room and warm up a bit. She turned to the person next to her, noticing she actually seemed bothered by the crowd. "Isn't this exciting?" she said to Clarisse in an attempt to break the ice.
Clarisse frowned heavily as someone sat down next to them, somehow missing all of the "do not approach" vibes they were giving off. Fine. They could talk.
"Does it look like I'm excited?"
They managed to hold off a sneer, but it was close. What an inane conversation starter. A question with no meaning, demanding an equally meaningless answer. Even worse, someone else decided to sit in the back row as well, souring their mood even further.​

"Well, let's just say that the Professor wants his research done, and leave it at that. Who am i to deny him?" V responded to Mina, before turning to regard Rose with a level glance.

"Of course, Rose. I haven't grown tired of this job.. not yet, at least." He mused with a slight smirk, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Shall we begin soon?"

Alex could certainly relate to Nagato quite well in regards to his wishes. She knew one species in particular; Skitty, really well because of one being a family pet, though she would be very happy to have an opportunity to learn about a kind she knew nothing about if her new partner was also a new face to her. "Me too. I can't wait to meet them." she honestly stated. It was an opportunity she really wanted.

~

"Held up by some sudden research from the Professor? I see. That couldn't be denied." Mina merely said to him in agreement before another colleague arrived in the auditorium and greeted both her and V. "Morning, Rose." she responded to the crimson haired teacher joining them. "I'm ready to see what these new students bring to the academy."

Mina could see the gathering of said new students beginning to swell and multiply in number. Sugar, her oddly coloured and highly sociable Ribombee, would have been darting and whizzing around all these new faces if she weren't confined to her ball right now.

Axel continue working on the sketch of the auditorium. He remove most of the people to save time on it. He was almost done with all the details, and the main stage just remain in the sketching.

"When is this thing starting?" Axel asked to himself, regardless of who was nearby him. He hasn't really been paying attention of the people sitting around him.

Clarisse couldn't quite hold back their growl. Wasn't it obvious that they didn't want to talk?! Why persist! Resisting the urge to roll their eyes, they stroked one of their feathers in an effort to calm themselves.
"There is no need for excitement. Instead, quiet contemplation is needed in order to plan how life will be different with a Pokemon. Excitement will only get in the way of this."
Clarisse had no time in their life for excitement. They always had to look forward, plan out their next move. They had nowhere to go back to, nowhere to start from. They didn't get the luxury of excitement.​

"Really?" Tahlia pointed out raising an eyebrow as she scratched her chin in thought. "That sounds kind of sad though, if there's nothing for you to feel happy about you'll never be able to have fun," she stated as she glanced back at Clarisse. "And if you can't have fun while you're here then what's the point of coming?"

"Happiness and excitement are not the same thing. They aren't even synonyms. One can be happy, while still planning for their future. And most of all, staying quiet."
Clarisse emphasized the last word heavily, their eyes darting towards their... conversation partner. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly in an attempt to calm their nerves, they directed their eyes back up to the teachers onstage, noting that some of the empty seats had been filled.
"When will they start?!"

Dustin had a glimmer in his eye when he heard Nadia speak. "Oh really, I have to admit I'm curious as to why you think you'd glean anything of import from that chapter." He drawled, looking over her shoulder for a moment. "I believe you're looking for chapter 21... How to Avoid Falling for the Roguish Adventurer Who Serves as Your Co-Professor." He joked. "Then again, that chapter would just say 'You don't. Good luck.' and then move on."

"'Roguish', he says," Nadia smirked a bit. "Didn't know we were still at the role-playing age. Next you'll tell me that you fell dragons and look for lost treasures."

Joking as she was, that wasn't too far off from their previous occupation.

Any further banter she was about to have was interrupted by the sound of the speaker system. Looks like the Headmaster finally made his entrance.
----------

@Lone_Garurumon @Flaze @Rocket Queen @Prez @Midorikawa @Mad Max @Ananfal @SpatiallyRendering @Naoto @Gengarzilla @Ryoma Maser @Alolan Ninetales

A male wearing a pristine white suit stood on the auditorium stage. With salt and pepper hair, an angular face, and smile that radiated warm confidence, he owned an air of undeniable authority.

Then, he spoke. "Hello, everyone. I do hope that your journies here were pleasant. Whether that be by foot... or by helicopter," he chuckled.

"Under most circumstances, we would give you a speech. Something drab and boring, introducing the infrastructure of our Academy. That is not what I'm here to do," he looked over to his assistant. "Firstly, I'm sure each of you have done enough research on the school to know how it looks. All of you are nearing adulthood."

His assistant chuckled a bit, but never took her eyes off of the students.

"Secondly, I won't make any assumptions on your goals. However, if you have been accepted here, then what you want must be worth striving for," he looked over everyone in the auditorium. "And it is that outlook that allows me to say: Welcome, everyone, to Snowpoint Academy. I am Headmaster Frost. I hope you enjoy your stay here."

He gestured to his assistant. "Professor Bell will assist you from here."

-------

The orientation was at its last phase. All of the first years were taken to another area, and split into five lines. Prof. Bell stood at the head of the courtyard. Standing next to her was an Alakazam, whose eyes were closed in concentration.

As the lines progressed, those at the front of the line were to say their full name. Then, a PokeBall would materialize itself in front of them. When they took the ball, they were to leave the line. They were not to release the contents of it until then.

Everyone's first Pokemon would be given to them in this way.

(TL;DR: Just have your character say their name at the front of the line, take your ball, then move on. Release it and do whatever after that. Who has what Starter is in the spoiler below and in the OOC thread.)

Alexis: Magnemite
Nagato: Rowlett
Max: Magby
Clarisse: Horsea
Alexandria: Gastly
Tahlia: Cyndaquil
Axel: Axew
Dorian: Ralts
Daniel: Squirtle
Florina: Espurr

Dorian was a little shy, and meekly said "Dorian Grey." He grabbed his pokeball and had to do everything he could not to sprint outside to see his new partner.

After walking what felt like forever, he managed to walk out of the auditorium and into a quiet patch of grass. The suspense was killing him what awaited him in this poke'ball.

Taking a calming breath. He tossed the poke'ball into the air. There was a flash of white light and a little Ralts popped out of it.

Dorian smiled, it was perfection in his eyes.

The Ralts shyly stared at Dorian, not meeting his eyes and quietly glancing to the side. Dorian remembered that Ralts was a pokemon that was naturally shy and could sense the feelings of other people and pokemon as a defense mechanism. Without stepping closer he knelt down on the ground to be level with her, and spoke gently.

"It's nice to meet you Ralts." He said gently. "I'm really happy you became my partner, and while i'm sure you're a little nervous right now. I really hope we can be friends."

Ralts finally met Dorians gaze, staring at him curiously. It sat silent, almost like it was seeing into his very heart to see what kind of person he was. After what felt like an eternal silence, the Ralts let out a joyful cry, and ran up to Dorian.

"Thanks Ralts." Dorian said, picking her up and placing her on his shoulder. "Let's do our best, okay."

Ralts gave a small smile and nodded.

Dorian knew that he and Ralts were going to get along and that this school year was gonna be a good one.

Nadia didn't have time to sit around and watch the kids squeal over their first Pokemon. She and Dustin had to prep for the student's arrival. Of course, that required that she lug a bunch of boxes. Her Pokemon were more or less busy doing their jobs in the class area, and she couldn't rely on her lazy rat, Splodey, to do any kind of heavy lifting. So, she hailed over a few second years.

"Max! Harper! Come 'ere for a sec," she said. She never had class with either of the second years, but knew who they were due to having to sit in on a couple of first-year level classes. "It's important! An emergency, even!"

She looked to Dustin. "Free labor. The engine of empires, yeah?" She whispered to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom