• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Snowpoint Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan Ninetales

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
Winter seemed to be year around in the area surrounding Snowpoint City, and the part of Mt. Coronet that faced it. Heavy snow and unforgiving winds howled, yet there was no sound. The academy was well cloaked in the constant precipitation. However, it is a well known academy within the Sinnoh region. A handful of students are chosen from all of the regions to go, and for the next four years, will get their starter Pokemon and go on the road to who they will become.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexis was in awe as she walked inside the large white doors. The halls were a pearl hue with artic blue trim. There were pictures of multiple gym leaders, elite four members, and even the champions. The floors were made of marble as well as the columns supporting the structure. It almost appeared to be a place that was meant for royalty instead of an academy for students. She would be led into a large room that had a stage, and a large seating area. There were some people sitting in the chairs on stage. She assumed that they were faculty members of some sort. There was also a table that had multiple Pokeballs placed on it.

"Of course I would be one of the first new students here..." she spoke to herself as she took a seat in one of the chairs near the front. She tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear as she took a deep breath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@Lone_Garurumon @Flaze @Rocket Queen @Prez @Midorikawa @Mad Max @Ananfal @SpatiallyRendering @Gengarzilla @Yun @Ryoma Maser @Naoto

(Year Two students can go to their dorms already, or wander around the academy as long as they don't go outside just yet. Teachers can be already in the auditorium or on their way there. OOC thread will be up soon! Any questions, comments, etc. will go there.)

The next new student to arrive, once she took down the hood of the coat she'd used to make the journey from her more temperately merciful Sinnovian hometown, was a blonde haired girl who appeared to be teetering between nervousness towards what lay ahead and joy for finally being here after receiving her invitation.

Like Alexis, whom she chose to sit next to by virtue of her being the only other student here, Alexandra also took those on the stage to be faculty members. "This is it..." she delicately muttered.

Dorian was reading a book in a quiet seat by himself.

It was one of Shauntal's first novels, but he had already read it several times in the past. He was anxious and excited to see what pokemon he'd get for his very own, and he could hardly register the words that was in his book.

Giving an exasperated sigh, he closed the book and put it away in his bag.

He was glad to have a pokemon of his very own, and he wanted to meet his NOW!

Wanting to capture the memory, he took out some drawing pencils and a sketch pad, and proceeded to make a makeshift frame with his fingers to try and map out a sketch of the stage. He wanted to sketch this moment so he could always remember it.

Nagato unlike some of the others merely strutted into the room. Was he nervous? Yes. It would be his first time around those his age since he was quite young. He wouldn't let it show though, nor did it matter. If they didn't get along with him then that was fine. He was there to learn and chances were many weren't as intelligent as him. So he strut, sitting next to a girl and offering her a friendly smile.

Florina like Nagato did not seem nervous. And in fact she was not. She happily skipped into the room. She was going to have the wonderful chance to learn about everything she wanted, and when she graduated and finished being a top coordinator in every region, she would become Kalos Queen and the best stylist in Lumiose. She couldn't wait to see what she got. She was hoping for something pink or pretty or cute. She doubted she would get something as ridiculous as grimer or trubbish. So she skipped right over to a boy drawing. She sat down next to him, gently smoothing her skirt like a lady before speaking. "What are you drawing?"

Last edited:
Perhaps typical of Vheissu, the teacher was not present in the auditorium. Instead, he was sitting in his classroom, seemingly multitasking with his computer - he was chatting with someone via videocall whilst typing away at his keyboard.

V being his eccentric self, easily forgot about the time, engrossed in his own research. His Rotom, Skelly, tried (and failed) to catch his attention.

The Pokemon huffed in slight annoyance at this.

~

Max was lounging about lazily in her dorm room, her boredom evident as she glanced over at her long-time partner, her beloved Grovyle. The Pokemon in question tilted its head, clicking her tongue in an inquiry of sorts.

"Ready for another year, Corvus?" She asked, rolling over to sit upright on her bed, reaching over to rub the Grass-type's head affectionately. "It'll be another wild ride, I bet, huh?"

The Grovyle crowed in agreement, leaning into her trainer's touch. This was more than enough to elicit a smile from the teenager.

"I'm trying capture the memory." Dorian said vaguely without looking up form his sketchpad with the occasional glance to the stage up at front.

Clarisse sighed softly and heaved their rucksack over their shoulder as they descended from the bus that had brought them to their destination - Snowpoint. The design was simple and rather fitting, blue and white throughout the whole building. Still, they had no time to gawk about. Dropping their eyes to the ground, Clarisse adjusted the feathers in their hair before continuing down the halls. Finally finding the auditorium they were supposed to wait in, they found themselves a seat by the edge in the back, where no one else was sitting at the moment. Not quite glaring, they fixed an unpleasant expression on their face and crossed their arms over their chest, leaning back in their seat with eyes fixed on the stage, waiting for what would happen next.

They wanted their Pokemon, darn it!​

Alexandria "Alex" Baruri couldn't bring herself to stay in one place, what with her feeling of nervousness, so it was by some sort of contrived coincidence that she was the girl whom Nagato sat by and smiled at. Seeing this friendly intentioned facial expression did much to soothe the Butterfree in her chest.

"Are you starting here? That makes me too." she said, attempting to try some small talk with Nagato. Anything to pass the time, Alex hoped.

~

Meanwhile, one of the teachers who was present to see the new students filing in was the blue haired Contest enthusiast, Mina Arotoir. She, in addition to the three Pokémon currently housed within their Poké Balls, was interested to see the new blood meet their very own Pokémon partners.

"Memory of what?" Florina asked, trying to peak at the picture.

"Yes. It is quite a beautiful school. Actually hard to believe it is a school. Then again maybe I just haven't experienced others enough to know if this kind of architecture is normal," Nagato responded to the girl. "I'm Nagato Conversano by the way," he offered his hand.

"Ahaha, the sight blew me away too." she spoke with a weak titter in her voice with one hand behind her head, while the other hand was brought out to reciprocate Nagato's visual greeting. "I'm Alexandria Baruri, but most people just call me Alex. Nice to meet you." the blonde lass replied with a smile.

So far, so good. The small talk was doing wonders.

"Everything." Dorian replied without even glancing at Florina. "I want to remember the sights, the sounds, the smells, the feelings, everything. I want to remember this moment."

Dorian paused before giving a small chuckle.

"I'unno," He said with a gentle smile finally glancing towards Florina. "But it doesn't mean i shouldn't try. An artist captures the beauty of the situation. I want everything in this beautiful beginning to be captured."

Now that Nagato mentioned it... "Ooh... I'm not sure. Maybe it's because whichever I get will be my first Pokémon, but I'll be happy with most kinds." Alex admitted. She'd been too full up with the prospect of actually getting her own Pokémon to really develop a preference for any species in particular.

"What about you, Nagato? Are there any Pokémon you're hoping to get?"

~

Mina could see some of these conversations beginning to take shape between pairs of awaiting students, it pleased her to see them openly talking amongst each other already. Small world, indeed.

(@Gengarzilla do I detect some teachery passive-aggressiveness?? :p )

All it took was a brief glance at the clock to realize that, shit, V should've at least been on his way to the auditorium five minutes ago. He bid a hurried goodbye to his caller, who at least looked to be Professor Oak, before he shut off his laptop and made sure he wasn't leaving anything behind. Slipping on a black sweater baring some Kanto-native scripture in red, he rolled up his sleeves and made sure he looked at least decently presentable, before stepping outside, his Rotom turning off the lights in his haste.

"I bet Mina's gonna give me shit again for being late," V grumbled to himself, to which Skelly would've rolled its eyes at. "Fuck."

Of course, he'd entered the auditorium with an unflappable air to him as he joined the other teachers on stage, though the fellow faculty that actually knew him would know that he really just didn't give a flying fuck what anyone actually thought, mostly due to his rather odd and eccentric pattern of thought.

Still, no one questioned it.

No, not even Mina.

Harper took this time to walk around campus; it felt nice to roam without any stress on her shoulders. She knew that very stress would be coming soon, and that the campus would transform into that of a mini hell. Well, not a mini hell. Classes could be worse. It was nice to spend time with her Pokemon and learn new things.

However, sometimes being in a school put unnecessary pressure on learning these kind of things.

She sat underneath a tree and pulled out a bottle of soda. She had a bit of time to spare; the new kids were coming.

Mina likely would have given the older teacher a little bit of this said "shit" normally, but for this occasion, she opted to hold her tongue and merely kept silent as V finally took his place. It wasn't her intention to sully this day for the gathering of new students that continued to grow in front of them.

At least he hadn't gone and missed the big event entirely, Mina took as a ray of light. Better late than never.

"You're awfully quiet," he noted bluntly, raising a brow at Mina. His Rotom, Skelly, buzzed something in its incoherently native tongue, before distorting and taking refuge in the teacher's Pokedex. "Quite a crowd this year, if I must say. Nothing that can't be handled accordingly, I suppose."

Mina merely served V a short nod in regards to his assessment of her silence, but finally decided to speak up once he continued to chat away afterwards. "That's true. I don't believe there's any cause for deviations from the norm yet. Our usual methods ought to suffice."

She was talking now, but it didn't dismiss one thing she had to wonder. "Out of interest, what kept you? Late night yesterday?"

Axel proceeded to walk into the white doors of the school.

"This it it," he muttered to himself. "Your here now Axel; it's overwhelming I know. Think of it like the forest back home, a large area home to many."

He took a deep breath a continued on to where the other new students were going. Though he saw a few eyes go over to him when they saw the Mallen Streak infesting his hair. It was always like this. He went anyways, he had a reason to be here. Following into the auditorium, he spaced out for a minute considering the size.

"Where to sit? I'll need a place I can see easily."

Axel settles for area where a group of fellow new students were sitting on the other end. He wasn't going to try to talk to them, they were already deep into conversation. Removing his bag and sitting down, he took out a sketchbook and a pencil. Axel looked up as he open he sketchbook, studying the surrounding the area to begin his drawing. He put the pencil to the paper and begun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom