• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Snowpoint Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had been an hour since Daniel had met Squirtle, and neither of the two had made much progress with the other. The Squirtle had stuck its head out of its shell a couple of times, but always ducked straight back in when he looked over.
"Fine." Daniel said when he heard the announcement to head to his room and meet his roommate (also named Daniel, that was gonna get annoying). "I guess we'll sort this out later." He said as he recalled the Squirtle to its ball.

***​

It took a little bit of time for Daniel to arrive at his room, and after confirming that yes, this was indeed the room he was going to, opened the door and stepped inside. There didn't look to be anyone in the room yet, so he just started unpacking after letting the Squirtle out on one of the beds. Maybe it'd decide to actually come out later.

Florina entered the room cheerfully of course. "Hello roomie~ This is going to be so much fun. It'll be like having a sister. It's Clarisse right? I love that name~" she jabbered away. Florina didn't have siblings, but she always wanted a sister to do girly stuff with. This school just kept getting better and better for her. She couldn't wait for them to do each other's nails and bake sweets together and talk boys. "This is Dear Daniel by the way," she told him, showing her espurr who just stared right through Clarisse's soul.

Nagato on the other hand entered his room much more calmly. Seeing Dorian he smiled. "Hello I'm Nagato. And this is Gylfie," he introduced the rowlet who gave a polite cry of greeting herself. "It seems we'll be roommates. I hope we get along well."

Daniel finally arrived at his room, and took a minute to think a bit, imagine, what his roommate would be like. He imagined so many things in that minute that it was almost impossible to focus on any one in particular. Once again, his heartbeat sped up, as did his breathing, and his vision began to go.

It was at that moment that Gligar yelled out, and whacked Daniel on the head with her claw. Daniel exhaled sharply, and his vision returned, though his heart was still beating extremely fast. He rubbed his head, but thanked his Gligar, and opened the door to his room, seeing the other boy in there, as well as a shell, presumably of a Pokémon.

"Um... uh..." He stammered, but another tap on his head from Gligar brought him to quickly finish his sentence. "I'm your roommate... I guess. I'm, uh, Daniel," He stopped, before remembering that this boy's name was also Daniel. "D-Daniel Tremblay." He added.

"Likewise." Dorian replied without even looking up from his art supplies while Ralts shyly stared at Nagato and Gylphie.

Clarisse whirled around in surprise at the sudden entry, their eyes widening slightly at the seemingly constant stream of chatter from the person whom they could only assume was going to be their roommate. Oh, this was going to be hell, they could just tell.
"Florina, Daniel. My partner, Mazu."
They inclined their head in greeting to the two newcomers, and dipped their shoulder to reveal the Horsea still hovering behind her timidly. Upon being seen, the water Pokemon froze before straightening up to her full length, snorting out a bubble in greeting with a soft, "Sea!" Clarisse couldn't help a small smile at the antics of their small partner, but that smile didn't last long as they turned back to their new roommate. Oh, where to start... They didn't really know how to phrase this politely, but...
"I'm not a girl."

Last edited:
"Oh hey." Daniel said as Daniel came in and introduced himself. "Yeah, my name's Daniel too. Guess you're pretty lucky though, getting roomed up with a battling legend like me." On the bed, the Squirtle poked its head out of its shell, trying to get a look at the new arrivals.

Harper walked into the room with Tahlia. "Hey frosh," she simply greeted. Walking over to her own bed, Harper then dropped her bags on the floor. She plopped on the sheets without a word.

Tahlia was about to greet Harper when she walked in, only to see her immediately get on her bed. She was going to say something, but then realized that Blaze had also jumped off her shoulder and was now laying on Tahlia's own bed. The girl frowned at her Pokemon, wondering why she had to get such a lazy starter. "Um..." she turned back towards Harper. "My name's Tahlia, it's great to meet you," she greeted, rather awkwardly since she didn't know how to follow the situation.

Alexis went to her room. Much to her surprise, she wasn't assigned a roommate. She just sat her luggage down and plopped down onto her bed. Her Magnemite, still unnamed, levitated about. This could be a good thing, but she could only imagine growing more lonely as time went on.

"...Wait. What? Then...if you're a boy...why are you in here? Isn't it same gender and not co-ed?" Florina asked not understanding that someone could choose not to be a gender.

"So excited for school?" Nagato asked awkwardly.

"...Wait. What? Then...if you're a boy...why are you in here? Isn't it same gender and not co-ed?" Florina asked not understanding that someone could choose not to be a gender.
"I'm not a boy either. I suppose they didn't really know where to put me. I think it would have been better if I was roomed alone, but this is where they told me to go and so I went."
Clarisse was obviously a bit frustrated by the girl's questions. How were they supposed to know what the teachers were thinking? It's not like they could just go up to one and start complaining about their room assignment like some nit-witted kid! They weren't complainers. They would just have to make the best of their situation somehow. They eyed the girl speculatively. If they managed to educate her, it was possible that this wouldn't be as bad as they had thought it would be. Maybe even tolerable.
"I suppose this isn't anything you've encountered before, so if you have any questions, ask them now. I don't like having to repeat myself, so make sure you get it all now so I don't have to do this again in the future. I will be truthful, even if it isn't what you want to hear."

"So long as I get to bond with Ralts, I don't mind having to go to classes." Dorian replied while still organizing his art supplies. He hadn't so much as glanced at Nagato or Rowlett yet.

"...So you're a hermaphrodite. Like staryu!" she answered dumbly, remembering that she once heard the water pokemon was classified as a hermaphrodite. She couldn't remember where, but she had heard it. She thought seriously about hermaphrodites, and what she knew about them. She knew nothing other than them being both genders. She felt bad she didn't know more about her new roommate.

"And you're clearly not up for chatting," Nagato said, sighing and going to his bed.

Dorian finally took a pause from what he was doing and looked at Nagato. "Sorry, did I do something to offend you?" He asked sincerely.

"You're, uh..." THWACK! "Uh... good at battling?" Daniel asked, rubbing his head. He went to sit down on his bed and begin unpacking. His mother'd had one of the maids organize everything in his bag, so Daniel simply pulled his clothes out, already folded.

In the meantime, Gligar hopped off of his shoulder, and went to investigate the obviously shy Squirtle on the other bed.

Michael walked into his room, Tepig right on his heels. After removing his coat and gloves and dropping them on a bed, he began unpacking, thinking of something.

Torch Hog? He thought. "Oh god no."

Tepig looked at Michael curiously.

"'Course. Best in town back in Hau'oli." Daniel boasted. "Lycaroc and I never lost a battle... Well, there was that one kid, but the Champion doesn't really count." He added a bit more quietly.

The Squirtle ducked its head back into its shell with a little squeak as Gligar landed next to it.

Gligar tapped the Squirtle's shell lightly with its claw, trying to convince it to come out. When that didn't work, Gligar simply sat on top of the shell and waited.

"W-wow..." Daniel mumbled, as he pulled out a couple sweaters, placing them next to him on the bed. He then rummaged through his bag for a second, before pulling out a book, which looked similar to a dictionary, except that it contained Pokedex entries, rather than word definitions. He placed it next to him on the bed as well.

"Squiiiiiirrrrrrrrr..." The tiny turtle cried in its shell as the Gligar tapped on the shell. Climbing on top of his shell was apparently the last straw for what little composure it had. 'SQUIIIIIIRRRRRRTLLLLLLLEEEEEE!!!" it screamed from the inside of its shell.
"AHH! What the-?" Daniel said, covering his ears from the sudden outburst. He then looked over and saw Gligar sitting on Squirtle's shell, apparently bothering it. "Hey! Stop screwing with my Pokemon you little shit!" He shouted as he ran over and grabbed the Gligar from the shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom