• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So Dawn is the first girl to only travel with Ash for a single region

Not unless she tells Ash Dawn is actually his sister thus explaining their similar personalities.

Uhhh excuse me? I thought Dawn already had a mother.

Anyways, this fact should be put in trivia on the wiki, pretty interesting thing to point out.

Feng said:

Heh.. actually was going to change sister it to cousin, forgot. Though one of them can always be a unlegit mom. But you get the point.

^ I thought May and Max came along the day after? Well, Max hitched a ride with Professor Birch but May definitely came afterwards.

And who cares if Dawn only travels with Ash for one region. She made the most of that time which is what counts.

They really didn't introduce Dawn to that many older characters to be honest.

She met Prof. Oak and Gary, but that's really it. She'll likely never meet Misty or Tracey at this point, or Max for that matter. And she'll never see Delia in person.

Not only counting more important characters, she's met Gary, May, Prof. Oak, Jasmine, Jessibelle (She didn't interact with her though).

That seems like a decent amount.

So Dawn is the first girl to only travel with Ash for a single region?
Seems like it...

So this winter is going to be cold?
Seems like it...

So once you exercise, you'll be sweating?
Seems like it...

Not unless she tells Ash Dawn is actually his sister thus explaining their similar personalities.

Anyways, this fact should be put in trivia on the wiki, pretty interesting thing to point out.

half-sister, Riley does gets around.

She met Prof. Oak and Gary, but that's really it. She'll likely never meet Misty or Tracey at this point, or Max for that matter. And she'll never see Delia in person.

Does it really bother you that much?

She really doesn't have much of a reason to meet them anyway. It's not like they'll be able to help her advance any further than she already has.

I'll ask again: Why does this matter? She's also the first girl to travel with Ash that has blue hair.

I dont see any purpose of Dawn returning unless its a cameo like with May in DP since Dawn already met a handful of characters in a few episodes than other people like May so there really is no reason for her to return.

Does it really bother you that much?

She really doesn't have much of a reason to meet them anyway. It's not like they'll be able to help her advance any further than she already has.

It matters because it shows that the writers feel the main cast has grown too large, and they're no longer a small close tightly-knit group of friends.

Back in the AG era, they made sure to have May and Max meet everyone and it still felt like everyone knew everyone else.

Now in DP, especially if you count all the rivals, and with BW coming soon, the main cast has grown ridiculously large.

I will miss Dawn's character, but to be honest, she has tied up most of her loose ends. She has come far in her character, and she has accomplished more in her ~190 episodes than any other character, except Ash winning the BF and Orange Leagues. I'm satisfied with her leaving after one obscenely long region instead of her tagging along for another adventure.

Gogo Dawn Cameo in BW.

She came close enough for me, though I agree it would have been nice to see it resolved. Just think of it as a drive for Dawn to follow Zoey to wherever they go after DP.

With the B/W saga coming out soon, I find it hard to believe that Dawn will be leaving. I mean, Misty and May have traveled in 2 regions (both traveled in Kanto while the former traveled in the Orange Islands and Johto, and the latter traveled in Hoenn). I also think that Dawn may come back for a while in Isshu to travel with Ash for a few episodes (like Misty and May have done in the past).

With the B/W saga coming out soon, I find it hard to believe that Dawn will be leaving. I mean, Misty and May have traveled in 2 regions (both traveled in Kanto while the former traveled in the Orange Islands and Johto, and the latter traveled in Hoenn). I also think that Dawn may come back for a while in Isshu to travel with Ash for a few episodes (like Misty and May have done in the past).

Dawn will probably get a 4-ep cameo in BW, something similar to May's Wallace Cup appearance.

But beyond that, nothing else.

Nice trivia.

More like a random fact that doesn't matter at all
DP will either be the exact same amount of eps AG was, or one/two eps shorter
It's pretty much the same length... so what if there wasn't a second journey? to me it's better this way - one long saga that is done right
BF barely seemed to be any different than Hoenn anyway so what's the point?
I seriously want to show to continue doing one long journey for every new gen... unless there's a really good reason to start a second journey, which to me would only be in case a certain generation is longer than 4 years

Top Coordinator

I don't think it's so obvious what this means either, otherwise why exactly is Solidad still doing Contests?... also, why was Wallace called Contest Master if that term was never used by then and never used after that... maybe the Coordinators' REAL goal is to be a "Contest Master"?

Anyway, I think some fans are seriously ridiculous with how they try to find a definition for Pokémon Master
It's just a term used to describe a VERY good trainer that is extremely good in both battles and in knowing how to care and befriend with his Pokémon
It's not a title one can really achieve... it's a never ending journey, it's really as simple as that... there's always someone better, always more to do and learn, more Poké to meet... there wasn't, isn't and never will be a single person who will be called a Pokémon Master - simply because it's impossible to be the best... IMPOSSIBLE

We can say Elite Four, Champions, (possibly some Frontier Brains?) and people who won Leagues, are all the closest to be Pokémon Masters, but even they aren't unbeatable and don't know everything that there's to know

She overstayed her welcome like two years ago as far as I'm concerned. But since they felt a need to stretch out Sinnoh, well. Good thing she's going now, I don't think I could stand her for another region.

Are you sure you'd really prefer new girl?... maybe she'll cause you to miss Dawn XD

...kay.

I'd rather have one quality arc and the charater herself have more screentime than a 2 shoddy arcs (looking back they really weren't anything special) and not as much screentime for the character (looking and you Misty and to a much lesser extent but still like 60/40 May)

QFT

You may be right. But when writers make mistakes as the whole Ambipom/Gliscor incident, you begin to wonder. :uhoh:

Eh... just because some fans on the internet think these were "mistakes" doesn't make it a fact
I see nothing wrong with ONE Poké leaving each of the main characters every gen... it's ONE Poké in 4 years... Arceus help us, the exaggerated reactions are so ridiculous...

Ambipom's release was horrible.

The ep itself was pretty good and made me like Ambi more than I liked it before

It had nothing to do with its character

Aipom/Ambipom's character is all about doing the best for your Pokémon
At first Aipom wanted to join Ash, so it did it
Then Aipom wanted to do Contests, so it moved to Dawn
And then Aipom wanted to do ping pong and went with O

and came out of nowhere.

I agree that foreshadowing could be nice and that it'd be nice to see Ambi return for the GF but... whatever, get over it

It was the dumbest reason to release a Pokemon in the entire series.

As if Ash randomly giving Primeape away to someone he just met just because this someone wanted to take it is any better...
At least here it came from the Pokémon itself - it was Ambi's decision

All the other releases at least made some sense to benefit the Pokemon in some form.

Sure Beedrill would benefit being Casey's Pokémon and not Ash's... yeah

On top of that, its like Ambipom's crush on Ash

What crush? did I miss the ep where the characters said Aipom was in love with Ash? did I miss the ep where it was revealed Pokémon fall in love with humans?...
Aipom liked Ash... it also liked his hat... so Aipom followed him
Aipom stole Ash's hat because that was its personality - to be playful like that
Aipom was never in love with Ash
Also, when it leaves, it shook hands with BOTH Ash and Dawn and before played with both Ash's hat and Dawn's hat, so it clearly likes both trainers

and love for Contests was just dropped for no reason.

Ambi had to think about it before it chose ping pong over Contests, so it clearly still likes Contests... not to mention it played with both the ping pong ball AND the Ball Capsule (AND Ash and Dawn's hates) symbolising its love for both things (and both trainers)

Gliscor's release was the worst thing about the entire DP saga.

Ambipom's release was the second worst thing.

The third worst thing was them hyping up the Elite 4 and Cynthia so much this arc, yet it seems like Ash won't battle them. Seriously, WTF was the point of that then?

Shame, it feels like DP wasted a lot of its potential in the end.

All of that is your own personal opinion and not a fact that everyone agree about
Cynda and Togekiss existing on Dawn's team > Ambi being used again and again
Gible >>>>>>> Gliscor
Showcasing game characters like the E4 > not doing it

So I should defend bad writing?

Well, you defend Kanto...

this saga was far from perfect.

At least it's much closer than all previous sagas together

The show will never be perfect.

Pokémon = perfect
A fact

DP still had a number of generic filler eps,

There's nothing wrong with "fillers" and there barely were any real "fillers" during DP (a "real filler" to me, means that absolutely nothing in the ep is related to continuity/plot/development and will never be mentioned again... so eps like Chingling ep or Allan ep aren't fillers)

most about Piplup for that matter.

Piplup didn't have nearly as much eps as you and others seems to imply
Also, all Pip focused eps were GREAT so stop complaining on good eps

But the releases take the cake.

Yeah, both eps made me like Gliscor and Ambipom more than I ever liked them before! Awesome eps!

I always thought for sure they'd have Dawn beat Zoey before she left the show, I guess not though.

Its really the first rivalry of the series that didn't have any type of conclusion. Dawn never caught up to Zoey.

Thanks for proving you don't get Dawn's story at all... if you understood what's Dawn's story is all about you'd realize it was the perfect ending for her
There was absolutely no need to make Dawn beat Zoey, if anything we need to see a Dawn/Zoey tag battle together and to see Dawn lose to Ursula
We also should see Pip/Pachi do a successful double performance as revenge on Hearthome (to me, the fact they didn't let them do it is the REAL biggest mistake of DP - Dawn should've used Pachi instead of Bunny in the Daybreak Contest) and we also need to see Mamo and Togekiss do a performance either together or each alone (Togekiss never did a performance as Dawn's Poké and Mamo never did one at all)

For me, this is the list of Dawn stuff that HAS to happen but probably won't happen:

- Dawn VS Fantina
- Dawn & Zoey tag battle
- Dawn lose to Ursula
- Piplup & Pachirisu performance
- Mamoswine & Togekiss performance

If all of that somehow happened, I'd say there's nothing left to resolve with Dawn's character... now I hope at least some of that happens at DP's end and some happens on her BW apperances

I can see Dawn lose to Ursula OR a tag battle with Zoey OR both at the same time (proving even Zoey she still has long way to go) at the end of DP

And then in BW Dawn might appear for a special Contest (though the idea might die if Contests aren't in Isshu, in this case I'm not sure Dawn would even appear...) she'd use Pachi/Pip or Mamo/Toge or both for the performance

Other than that, I really think there's nothing to resolve with Dawn's character, her story was handled perfectly to me... sure, things could be better (like Pachi getting a little more screen time) but it's not nearly as bad as some people make it
Oh no she didn't beat Zoey... oh no, Zoey is a friendly/nice/mentor rival like no other rival was before her! oh no, she's a girl like no rival was before her! oh no, she didn't lose to Dawn like all rivals did! and then people complain about Pokémon being repetetive when they themselves complain when they do new stuff =\ ridiculous people

The BF one was just an Ash Vs. Gary battle and nothing else.

Because they already had an AG Pallet ep so there was no reason to do it again
Also, they didn't have time for it... while now they might have the time, depending on how much they plan to focus on Brock/Dawn's departure and how many eps will be left after the League (which seems to be 2 at best... maybe 3 if we're REALLY lucky but it's probably just 2)

Also, even if it doesn't happen in DP, it can still happen in BW... stop trying to find patterns and rules... the writers do whatever they feel like at the moment

Stop saying something won't happen just because it didn't happen once... you said the same about Ash leaving his Pokémon and got proved wrong... when will you learn? (never)

On that note, Dawn's the first girl who has never (directly) travelled to Pallet Town or met Ash's mom.
How ironic, considering how much she idolizes Professor Oak.

Can we wait until DP's end before we act as if we know the future?

Dawn won't travel to Pallet.

You also said that:
- May will not leave
- Ash will never leave a Pokémon again
- Kenny won't return after his first appearance
- Nando won't return after he disappeared for a while
- Ash will win the League and battle the E4

Yeah, continue to make up stuff and make a joke of yourself
IN YOUR OPINION, Dawn won't travel to Pallet... you might be right, you might be wrong...
Why the Johto does it even matter?... she already saw Oak and I think had a short talk with Delia on that video phone thing... she already is seeing Ash's Oak's Poké now in the League eps (Ash probably brought them all during DP 182 even if we didn't see it)
I can't see why it matters if Dawn go to Pallet or not... it won't really change anything either way... will it really be important if she meets Tracey? I doubt they'd have any interesting interactions together... if Misty is there, I guess it's the only real lose here if Dawn won't come (though even THEN, I'm not sure how interesting the Misty/Dawn interactions would be... depends how they'd do it)

So no, it doesn't matter at all wether Dawn go to Pallet or not

May and Max didn't meet Gary
Dawn did

May and Max didn't meet Jessiebelle
Dawn did

It's not much different from May/Max... seriously... stop being so crazy, we don't need all old characters to randomly appear every saga and they don't all HAVE to meet the new girls =\ as if Tracey or Delia can really provide any interesting interactions with anyone... and Misty MIGHT be able to, but it's not that of a big lose as you make it seem

I'll ask again: Why does this matter? She's also the first girl to travel with Ash that has blue hair.

Yeah... Scott likes to take random facts and try to find in them some special hidden meanings that don't exist... oh Scott and his insanity... I knew this place will become more iteresting now that he's back

It matters because it shows that the writers feel the main cast has grown too large, and they're no longer a small close tightly-knit group of friends.

Yeah, remember how Misty was May's best friend? or these awesome deep interactions between May and Tracey? and I still can't forget that surprising conversation of Brock and Tracey!
Yeah... stop being ridiculous please... I know it's impossible, but try...

Last edited:
What. Ursula never beating Dawn is a shame, but it didn't *have* to happen. It would have made Ursula seem like a better threat as a rival, but there's no big deal she didn't win.

Dawn never battling Fantina is probably just something the writers forgot about. Doesn't matter that much.

As for some of Dawn's Pokemon never doing appeals, meh. Again, that doesn't matter to most people.

Lol Piplup.

At any rate, we don't know what Dawn will do after the League. I could see her going to Pallet, and she might not either. Only time will tell.

Good god, Piplup. I applaud your excessive use of multi-quote. That's gotta be a record.

Also, so I'm at least a bit on topic, I still say Dawn should (and will) go to Pallet.

Hikari going to Masara Town doesn't make any sense to me. Hikari's goodbye should be focused on her, not Satoshi's home town. And why would Hikari follow Satoshi home only to go off on her own right after that? Satoshi, Hikari and Takeshi saying their goodbyes in Shinou would have the best emotional impact.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom