• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So Dawn is the first girl to only travel with Ash for a single region

Am I the only one who hopes Dawn and Brock don't say goodbye to each other? They had the most fake and artificial friendship of the whole show.

Only Ash should say goodbye to Dawn and vice versa. Dawn and Brock should not even acknowledge each others existance.

Am I the only one who hopes Dawn and Brock don't say goodbye to each other? They had the most fake and artificial friendship of the whole show.

Only Ash should say goodbye to Dawn and vice versa. Dawn and Brock should not even acknowledge each others existance.

:rolleyes:

Why stop there? Personally, I hope Dawn saved that milk she thanked Ash for (and then ignored the part about it being Brock's idea), takes a big gulp during their farewell scene and then spits it in Brock's face. :XD2:

If Dawn does leave before Brock I could see the Ash/Dawn friendship thing getting a little more focus than Dawn having much interaction with Brock. That way when Brock leaves they can focus on the Ash/Brock dynamic.

Hikari going to Masara Town doesn't make any sense to me. Hikari's goodbye should be focused on her, not Satoshi's home town. And why would Hikari follow Satoshi home only to go off on her own right after that? Satoshi, Hikari and Takeshi saying their goodbyes in Shinou would have the best emotional impact.

I agree, Dawn needs a special good-bye.
One that shows her making her own opinion on what to do.
Some thing that shows her saying good-bye to Ash with maybe flashbacks maybe I said. Ask for Dawn/Brock whatever, there will probaly be a quick little bye Brock scene, hug and than leave. Cuz yah they really didn't have that much interactions. That or they could break up in a trio, yah know all three leave at the same time and have flashbacks of the gang together the entire D/P Saga.

edit;

FYI Pipulp your the best ^^

they could break up in a trio, yah know all three leave at the same time and have flashbacks of the gang together the entire D/P Saga.

I agree, that would be a good ending
As for the thread issue, Dawn will be with the cast for about 200 episodes, which is quite a lot when you compare this to other characters.

What crush? did I miss the ep where the characters said Aipom was in love with Ash? did I miss the ep where it was revealed Pokémon fall in love with humans?...

Well, if you missed Chikorita/Bayleef... or Movie 5... I mean, it can happen. To Ash, anyway, lol... but then he is a bit Pokemon obsessed, so maybe it's not surprising.

I never got the impression Aipom/Ambipom had a crush on Ash, though, you're right about that.

Ambipom's release was horrible. It had nothing to do with its character and came out of nowhere. WTF did ping pong come from? It was the dumbest reason to release a Pokemon in the entire series.

All the other releases at least made some sense to benefit the Pokemon in some form.

On top of that, its like Ambipom's crush on Ash and love for Contests was just dropped for no reason. It was such horrible writing, I thought I was in mid-Johto again like the GS ball plot.

THE GS BALL PLOT WAS A BOTCHED MOVIE!!! HOW MANY TIMES have the writers released statements that The GS Ball would return with Kurt and star in a movie about Celebi? WHY else would there be a picture of SAMUEL OAK as a boy in Kurt's office? I am not going to make this a Johto thread so....

If Iris is the new girl, what do you see in store for her character development? Her main goal, how it will happen, Pokemon, length of sticking around, e.t.c?

Only Ash should say goodbye to Dawn and vice versa. Dawn and Brock should not even acknowledge each others existence.

No, you're not the only one. I never wanted the 2 to interact as much since DP started, so I was actually blessed. A quick departure and that's it.

I never understood the JP fandom as to how they can pair Brock and Dawn in fanart and so far I have not seen even 1 Brock and May fanart. I'm surprised they never consider Brock and Lyra either.

As for the thread issue, Dawn will be with the cast for about 200 episodes, which is quite a lot when you compare this to other characters.

What? Dawn hasn't even been in as many episodes as May yet.

Dawn was only in more episodes than Max and Tracey...and that's it.

So far, both Misty/May have more eps than Dawn, as well as Ash/TR/Brock obviously.

What. Ursula never beating Dawn is a shame, but it didn't *have* to happen. It would have made Ursula seem like a better threat as a rival, but there's no big deal she didn't win.

Didn't you say yourself that you think Ursula really should've got a win?... anyway, I guess you can say these are things that in my opinion need to happen... not HAVE to as I said... I'm just a little annoyed they don't do it

Dawn never battling Fantina is probably just something the writers forgot about. Doesn't matter that much.

I still find it really stupid... Zoey battled Fantina... Ash battled Fantina twice... they really should've let Dawn battle Fantina in Fantina's first ep and Ash could learn about her sleep attacks from watching Dawn's battle
Then we get Jasmine and she helps KENNY train and battle FLINT... another missed opportunity

As for some of Dawn's Pokemon never doing appeals, meh. Again, that doesn't matter to most people.

I think most of people would agree that each of Dawn's Pokémon should have at least one performance and at least one battle round

Good god, Piplup. I applaud your excessive use of multi-quote. That's gotta be a record.

I blame Scott XD (well... it wasn't only Scott that I replied to there but... whatever, I still blame Scott)

I wonder if it's possible to be any more ridiculous than you...
They'll obviously interact at least a little when Dawn leave
Also, the relationship of Dawn with both Ash and Brock was good and fitting - Ash is the same age as she and is competitive like her, so it made sense for them to be best friends... Brock is older and more mature and calm, isn't competing at anything... it made sense for Dawn to view him as the older smart guy and not as close friend as Ash is... but he's still a friend - just a different kind of friend

FYI Pipulp your the best ^^

LOL thanks? XD

Well, if you missed Chikorita/Bayleef... or Movie 5... I mean, it can happen. To Ash, anyway, lol... but then he is a bit Pokemon obsessed, so maybe it's not surprising.

Chiko/Bay could just really really like Ash, it doesn't necesarily "in love" or a "crush"
Which is also why I'm still not 100% convinced it's a female
And Latias' case is similar... I wouldn't call that a "crush"/"in love"

What? Dawn hasn't even been in as many episodes as May yet.

Dawn was only in more episodes than Max and Tracey...and that's it.

So far, both Misty/May have more eps than Dawn, as well as Ash/TR/Brock obviously.

Dawn will probably have two eps less than May (not counting AG and DP's undubbed recap eps)
Which means she pretty much has the same amount of eps as May... two eps more or less isn't much of a difference
But again... why the Johto does it matter? Dawn was the most important character on the whole show after Ash and got more than Brock got in his 500+ eps... so really, it's pointless to say "X character had X eps or was in X sagas" - it doesn't matter
What matters is that Dawn got a lot of screentime and development and was an entertaining character

Didn't you say yourself that you think Ursula really should've got a win?... anyway, I guess you can say these are things that in my opinion need to happen... not HAVE to as I said... I'm just a little annoyed they don't do it

Ursula in general was wasted potential because of how late she was introduced. They could have done so much more with her in general.

But again... why the Johto does it matter? Dawn was the most important character on the whole show after Ash and got more than Brock got in his 500+ eps... so really, it's pointless to say "X character had X eps or was in X sagas" - it doesn't matter
What matters is that Dawn got a lot of screentime and development and was an entertaining character

It doesn't matter to me. Some people think episode count makes you more important. Misty was in more eps than May or Dawn yet she got the least focus, and similar to Brock whose in 650 eps but got the least focus of them all.

Misty and Brock never said goodbye to each other either.
And btw, Brock got 600 episodes :p

Ur, anyway. I don't think it matter that Dawn only travelled with Ash for one region. I mean, she was showcased a lot (more than May!) and even if she only got to travel in Sinnoh, bringing her anywhere else wasn't necessary.

Let's see, Brock was absent for 32 Orange Islands eps, he wasn't in the first 4 Kanto eps, he wasn't in the last Johto ep, he wasn't in the first 3 Hoenn eps, and wasn't in the first DP ep.

So subtract that out of his totals.

Last edited:
Chiko/Bay could just really really like Ash, it doesn't necesarily "in love" or a "crush"
Which is also why I'm still not 100% convinced it's a female
And Latias' case is similar... I wouldn't call that a "crush"/"in love"

But couldn't "really, really like" be called a crush? "In love" and a crush aren't usually quite the same thing; the former being notoriously hard to define and the latter being pretty easy. I've always been under the impression that both had something of a crush on Ash, for sure.

As for Bayleef not being a girl... I just don't see it.

I never understood the JP fandom as to how they can pair Brock and Dawn in fanart and so far I have not seen even 1 Brock and May fanart. I'm surprised they never consider Brock and Lyra either.

I've seen a couple May/Brock fanarts. I believe some had to do with Brock cooking May food or something like that.

Ooh...Harsh. Each of them deserve at least SOME form of acknowledgement from each other! >.<

Dawn and Brock had some interaction throughout the series. And Brock obviously taught Dawn a lot about cooking and first aid, so they probably had a lot of interaction off-screen.

What you call an artificial relationship, I call a typical relationship between a kid and an adult. Err...even if Brock technically isn't one...

Dawn will probably have two eps less than May (not counting AG and DP's undubbed recap eps)
Which means she pretty much has the same amount of eps as May... two eps more or less isn't much of a difference

QFT. Quality > Quantity

So people are mad that Dawn and Brock interacted as friends of some sort? Were they supposed to just give death stares at each other the whole season?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom